Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

JDwarf

(1/15) > >>

avtolik:
-= new version 0.2 works with the Steam version of the game =-

Hi all,

JDwarf is a simple utility to view and modify the skills of your dwarfs in fortress mode.
There are a couple of other features like enable/disable labors and importing and exporting work details.
JDwarf is inspired by Runesmith and DwarfTherapist.

Screenshot, video:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)short video of import/export of work details:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBWSaFvivnk

http://imgur.com/a/dyH54y4

-= Requirements =-

* Java 17+
* latest DFHack
* Windows, Linux may be unstable
-= Installation =-

Download the zip file
 http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=6403

* Extract the files somewhere
* Copy JDwarf.lua to the [main DF directory]/hack/scripts. Overwrite if exists.
* Run the program by running Jdwarf.bat or double clicking on the jar file (DF must be running already)
-= Usage hints =-

* Because they are too many skills to see them in one window clearly, they are grouped in different categories. To switch between the categories, hit the "Next Columns" button
* When you make any change - for example increasing a skill, or enabling a labor, a "change" is created. You can see every change in the "changes list". When you're ready, you can commit the all changes in the list by clicking the "Commit changes" button.
* Double right click on a skill to enable/disable the related labor (ex. mining skill obviously enables the mining labor).
* Double click on a change in the "changes list" to discard it.
-= Other =-
JDwarf - in the Java programming language things are commonly named with "J" in front :)

Changelist
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Version 0.2:
- Major rewrite, switched the graphics library to JavaFX.
- Added support for work details import/export

Version 0.0.8:
- fixed nasty CTD bug when the fortress gets large.
- You can see which labors are enabled/disabled.
- Now you can enable and disable labors (only the ones tied with a skill)

Version 0.0.7:
- Now you can add skills not present before. (Will not enable the labor)
- You can heal the selected dwarf.
- You can stop the dwarf being "on break".

Version 0.0.6:
- Probably works under Linux
- Button to switch different types of skills for less clutter

Version 0.0.5
- Initial version

Hugo_The_Dwarf:
add in a creature tag edittor, ghost remover (not just a kill function for them, whatever that makes them think they are slabbed or buried properly)
or better yet something to disable ghosts (I believe this is out of everyones hands, so I understand this may be impossible)

and the ability to "force" labors on any creature, not just controlled creatures "Catch them fish kitty"

Do either one of those and I'm sold

avtolik:

--- Quote from: Hugo_The_Dwarf on May 31, 2012, 05:04:28 pm ---...

--- End quote ---

Hah my plans are not so grand for now. My motivation comes from the things that bug me currently. Like the lack of a working Runesmith.

But we'll see how it goes.

Hugo_The_Dwarf:
yes I was saddened by the non-updated RS. Thats why I requested those options haha, I enjoyed being able to make a creature a resident or batshit crazy on a whim. But now with how modding is progressing, Pokemon mods, heck mine could use a way to set labors on pets and have them work.

With that good luck fine sir

caddybear:
Hi! Good work! I'm sure this will progress along nicely as long as you don't disappear from the face of this bay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version