Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: JDwarf  (Read 18925 times)

Pride

• Bay Watcher
  • Long live the King.
    • View Profile
Re: JDwarf
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2012, 11:52:50 pm »

How about being able to adjust happiness? Perhaps make it so that you can set a value and then lock it.

avtolik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2012, 02:37:32 pm »

@Tierre
Thanks, will put in the next update :)

@Flavio, Pride
I'm thinking on how to design the GUI for stuff other than skills. Maybe a pop-up window when double-clicking a dwarf. Then various dwarf traits and stuff could be displayed and edited.

Also summer is here, so less time for the computer :)

Thoranius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2012, 01:11:02 pm »

If suggestions are being taken into consideration, would there be any chance of adding the "Heal This Dwarf" equivalent for mental issues, such as tantrums or the different forms of insanity? I just noticed earlier that the regular command will indeed bring a dwarf back from the dead, but they retain their pre-death state of insanity.  :P

Thanks a lot, I hope this suggestion is worth your time, JDwarf is turning out to be a great up and comer for Dwarf Fortress addicts.

(P.S., is the "Stop Break" command for dwarves currently non-functioning, or does it require a few ticks to kick in? I tested it a few times, and it seemed the dwarf always remained on break, even after unpausing.)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2012, 01:31:03 pm »

How about being able to adjust happiness? Perhaps make it so that you can set a value and then lock it.
Happiness cannot be directly modified, since the game recalculates it frequently. If you want to make a dwarf more or less happy, then you have to add/remove the appropriate thoughts.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2012, 02:49:57 pm »

This is a great utility avtolik, thanks a bunch!

Another capability in RS that I found myself using from time to time was relocation of units.  Not as big an issue nowadays, but back when my dwarves always seemed to wall themselves in, I would just pop them over on the X or Y rather than deconstruct and redesignate.

It was also fun for moving wildlife around.  I liked dropping a family of hippos in the middle of gobbo sieges.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2012, 06:19:09 am »

moving around is cool heh. but dwarfes shouldn't wall themselves in this much now. Also for bad thoughts - there was a script in dfhack for removing bad thoughts about nakedness. Might be easy to make same thing about sleeping on floor and most important - loosing a relative/friend (as a main reason for tantrums).

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2012, 02:53:59 pm »

A few suggestions :

*Some way to heal curses inflicted from mummies etc! (Or see their status if they have a length timer).
*It would also be awesome if there was a way to keep track of a units skill increase over time , really usefull if you need to figure out practical ways of training certain skills or physical / mental stats. And even cooler if there could be some stat histogram to it!

blackmarl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2012, 07:39:24 pm »

is this open source? I want to add some function..  ;) ;)

HyphyHonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2013, 05:29:08 am »

Not sure now, but has this been discontinued? It proceeds to read the current DF fine but apparently it can't write because DFhack throws the same error someone posted earlier and nothing changes.

There isn't an updated Runesmith and I was hoping this would do, but apparently none-such-luck.

avtolik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2014, 07:30:07 am »

Good news - JDwarf is working in 0.40, also I'm back :)

ThothTheScribe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2014, 11:57:01 am »

Welcome back.

avtolik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2014, 07:49:09 am »

Welcome back.

So. I'll wait for DFHack to release for 0.40 and then I'll update the description (that it works on 0.40) and start thinking about new features.
(Or if you can build DFHack yourself - you could start using it right now.)

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
  • Crystal blades and Scaled plate, Razors of Dawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2014, 08:09:40 pm »

Wow, thys could be helpful wyth building my player forts.
Scales and fangs, Cydaela and blade, Crystal and fire! March, Kizaurun! March to glory and to vengeance! March for the Razors of Dawn!

avtolik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2017, 10:38:59 am »

Hey guys, it seems my super old tool JDwarf still works with the newest DF:)
I tried it with DFHack 0.43.05-beta2 on windows and it looks ugly, but works.

avtolik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2023, 01:26:01 pm »

A new 0.2 version is released, it works with the Steam version of the game with the latest (alpha version) DFHack.

I did a major rewrite during the holidays. The new feature is import/export of work details. Otherwise it is still the poor cousin of DT :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]