Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Bay 12 Games Report, June 1st, 2012  (Read 27204 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
The Bay 12 Games Report, June 1st, 2012
« on: June 01, 2012, 04:32:45 am »

The Bay 12 Games Report, June 1st, 2012

Mission Status

Another month and it is hard to describe how generous you have been.  As the weeks of bug fixing weigh on, it becomes important to ask:  What is important in life?  Where is the forward progress?  But most of all, how can we make this game more fun?  The Hero Role is the answer.

The legends you will make for yourself will be universally themed.  For example, you might find a group of tough guys hanging out at the well of your home village.  They are harassing the locals and you pick a fight with them.  Using the new non-lethal/submission system they tell you where the evil hideout is found.

Back and forth, you sack the bad guy’s lairs and he sends his henchmen to attack you and your band.  Eventually you will confront him and put an end to his reign.  But that is just one enemy among many.  Factions of wizards and warlords divide the world’s spoils and only you can stand in their way.

Congratulations to the generous!

Fun with Numbers

The dev page has been reshuffled.  The writeup for villains has been expanded, and I've added one for taverns and inns.  I've removed the extended release schedule, since we don't think it's the right way to go now.  The hero role basically contains the things I'd been wanting to move up in the caravan releases (living world, personality, etc.), and it should be a lively way to go about them that'll add to the game by itself and also naturally get us to taverns and inns.  At that point, we'll have additional decisions to make about what to do.  I plan to fix some more bugs before starting in on this.  Thanks to everybody that helped out in May!

May:       $4814.94
April:     $4623.70
March:     $6777.02
February: $12586.51
January:   $3689.27

Reward reminder:  If you support us, you can pick either a Story Reward or a Crayon/Colored Pencil Art Reward.  A Story Reward is basically a mini-Threetoe story (examples) and a Crayon Art Reward is a crudely drawn scene which we sketch, color in, and mail to you, anywhere in the world (assuming your contribution covers postage, which is about a dollar almost wherever you are).  We take personal requests for either reward as well, he he he.  You can also be listed among the Bay 12 Champions.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!