Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 61

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 252021 times)

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Update 0.47: A More Colorful World
« Reply #510 on: February 02, 2015, 05:14:29 am »

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:ALCHEMY_MAKE_CARMOT_MW]
[REAGENT:aqua regia:150:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:AQUA_FORTIS_MW]
Is this meant to be regia or fortis?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #511 on: February 02, 2015, 05:25:07 am »

Ah, it's supposed to be aqua regia.

I'm going to do another quick update soon, mainly to add local leaders to the different civs.  I found you can't take over a city properly unless it has a leader position to take.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 02, 2015, 10:32:20 am »

I'm going to put off making the TWBT version until that releases, then, since very minor changes can break TWBT graphics.

I have confirmed that TWBT has been updated to 40.24, though, so there's shouldn't be much of a wait.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 10:34:24 am by Rydel »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 02, 2015, 10:39:03 am »

Anyone know exactly what SETTLEMENT_BIOME is supposed to do?
The wiki makes it sound like it's specifically for dwarven hillocks, but I've seen people mention it with relation to hamlets.
I'd like to work out some way to sprawl out the cities a little more.  Right now, there's a lot of worlds that are generated with small, tightly-clustered hamlet groups separated by wide wild areas.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Update 0.48: A More Colorful and Populated World
« Reply #514 on: February 02, 2015, 06:15:12 pm »

Updated again!

I adjusted the entities somewhat.  Every site now has a leader.  But... I still can't take them over?  Not sure what the requirements are to conquer a site properly.
At any rate, though, entity biomes have been adjusted.  The world is much more populated now, with cities scattered all over instead of being clumped into little groups.  I think worldgen wars also behave differently, it seems like they don't go on as endlessly as they used to.
Also fixed a few typos that were causing things like certain creatures moving much too fast.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Update 0.48: A More Colorful and Populated World
« Reply #515 on: February 02, 2015, 06:37:56 pm »

The requirements are odd. I think you declare that you take them over, kill the leader, keep declaring whenever possible, ask who the leader is, kill that person, repeat.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 02, 2015, 07:40:42 pm »

I've updated the TWBT graphics for the new version.  The link is unchanged.
The regular graphics don't need any change for 0.48

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 03, 2015, 06:57:29 am »

Ah, another big change I forgot to mention: in order to balance the fact that you can often find free power ups in houses, I made all major power up plants much heavier.  You can't simply carry around 50 fire flowers anymore, depending on your race and strength you'll be limited to between 1and 7 or so at a time, or you'll have to endure speed penalties.

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 06, 2015, 11:07:15 am »

Hello guys! I only started to play this mod, and in couple of hours encountered some.. weird bug. Im playing Koopas. I destignated a new refuse stockpile, couple of koopas went to pile some bones in it, and then they froze. They accepting jobs, but not moving anyway, just standing in one place. They are in the open, an nothing can prevent movement.. also, some fuzzies was around at the tame, IDK if it is connected. I caved the floor under them in order to snap them out of it, they fell, but still standing around(now in the hole.)
This day going to be perfect!

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 06, 2015, 12:13:24 pm »

Koopas will hide in their shell when threatened instead of running away.  Send your military to kill those Fuzzies.  Once there's nothing hostile/scary around, they'll get back to work.

Feldrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 06, 2015, 03:43:38 pm »

Can anybody tell me how to properly install Rydel's Graphics pack? I tried to wing it, and just sort of copy and paste stuff here and there but I just caused the game to come up with  black screen with the music playing in the background...

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 06, 2015, 05:06:47 pm »

I sure hope I can :P

If you're using the regular pack, just extract it into the Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom folder.  IF you archive program respects folder structure, it will automatically put everything in the right spot.

If you are using the TWBT version, there are a could more steps
First, get DF Hack (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139553.0) and extract it to your RotMK folder.  When asked if you want to replace files, select Yes
Next, get Text Will Be Text (https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/releases)
- Unlike the other parts, TWBT doesn't handle the file structure for you
- curses_800x600.png, overrides.txt, shadows.png, and Spacefox_16x16_text.png go in data/art (You actually only need overrides and shadows)
- the files in 0.40.24-r1 go in hack/plugins.  When asked if you want to replace files, select Yes
Finally, extract the TWBT version of the graphics in the RotMK folder.

Feldrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 06, 2015, 05:29:34 pm »

Well Hell, I can't believe I never thought to just extract new stuff into already existing folders. Would have saved me a lot of tie and headache with just about everything... Thanks man, and great graphics pack.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 10, 2015, 02:18:20 pm »

I'm considering the idea of consolidating humans and Toads into a single race, by making humans a rare caste of Toads.  The main reason for this is so that humans could be set up as the rulers and champion of Toad kingdoms.  I've tried to do this using PERMITTED_CREATURE, but apparently this tag only works for castes of the entity's species.

As weird as it sounds, it actually fits with the lore that I've been setting up (which I'm going to have to write down one of these days).  In a nutshell, Toads were once humans, and the world was converted into the Mushroom World long ago by the Shroobs, who infected the human race so that they could one day return and harvest their vim, which has the ability to produce a substance that can warp space-time (which Toads use to create warp pipes).  So rarely, 'pure' humans (who are genetically immune to the fungus) can be born from Toads.  (The other fantastic aspects of the Mushroom World, the monsters and the super plants, were created by the ancestors of the Koopas and Shyguys respectively.)

ANYWAY, the only problem is that they can only wear Toad-sized clothing, and that other races refer to them as 'toad' in adventure mode.

Just wondering what people think of the idea.

Jimexmore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 10, 2015, 04:51:57 pm »

"World building"
Now it's a good idea and cool for lore,but what i really want is a updated piranha plant guide.
Spess mehreens Spess mehreens we make our Enemies die
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 61