Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 61

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 249200 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

Yeah, pretty much.

Magikoopas make excellent haulers, though...

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

If one manages to somehow integrate "civilized" goombas into their fortress through DF-hack shenanigans, they can be ordered around to a limited extent. In order to emulate this, perhaps if feral goombas had a reaction that transformed them into civilized goombas?

In other news, some irregularities with world generation:

-Shamen won't spawn at all under the current perimeters. I've changed their constants back to what they were pre-alteration to a cave civ, and it seems to fix the issue. They appear to be unable to trade however.
-Sprixies won't trade, and they won't appear on-site either, making their existence sort of pointless. Shifting their site from cave to town fixes the latter (sort of - they're really, REALLY vulnerable to being wiped out by a rogue titan, so unless you intentionally mess with world generation in order to favor them, they're unlikely to survive in a world with long history), but not the former.

A couple adventure mode abnormalities:

-Bumpities can't open doors, potentially entrapping would-be adventurers inside their own homes!
-? Blocks convert into power-up blocks upon use, but for some reason most of these power-up blocks don't seem to release anything when opened.
-Creature flesh cannot be cooked into generic meat through AV reaction; this is true to fortress mode as well.

Also, a few minor issues with your graphic pack, Rydel:

-The domestic page's text file has a typo in it, with the tile pointer stating "TITLE_OAGE" instead of "TITLE_PAGE".
-The aquatic text file (for sidesteppers, cheep-cheeps, ect.) has a few more zeroes then warranted in the page diameter constraints, causing sprites to be stretched out to an unreal degree in-game.
-Shaman are refered to as "MAGIC_MW", their civ title, instead of "SHAMAN_MW", causing the sprites to not display.

Hope this feedback is helpful!
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for letting me know - I've fixed those 3 files in both TWBT and normal now.

Balistic604

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If one manages to somehow integrate "civilized" goombas into their fortress through DF-hack shenanigans, they can be ordered around to a limited extent. In order to emulate this, perhaps if feral goombas had a reaction that transformed them into civilized goombas?

How exactly does one integrate civilized goombas into your fortress with DF-hack?
Dwarf Fortress: The only place you'll find complaints about NOT dying.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

How exactly does one integrate civilized goombas into your fortress with DF-hack?

"Tweak makeown". Can also be used on bob-ombs as well, though having such volatile creatures lounging in the same areas as your general populace could have explosive results.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

KittyRead

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Which mod would you recommend to fix Adventure Mode? I tried installing Wanderer but it has vanilla DF stuff in it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile

Regarding piranha/nipper plants, what do I do to get seeds/spores/plantables from a wild Nipper? I assume it won't defend my fort as-is, so I'll have to re-plant, right? Do I simply kill it and collect seeds or do I have to wait for it to fall into a cage trap?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 03:07:25 pm by freeformschooler »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you catch a wild nipper in a cage trap, you can train it like any pet creature and it will mature into a piranha plant.  Breeding them from the wild is difficult, though; they only mate while in their nipper phase so unless you catch two individuals of opposite genders at around the same time you won't be able to breed them.  You can order dormant nipper spores from certain race's caravans (or if you're playing as koopas, you can just embark with a whole bunch of them).

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile

Thanks for the feedback. One more question: is there any use for Lakitu clouds at present other than livestock? You said they can show up as enemy mounts, but I assume there is no fancy magic available to the player for mounting their own Koopas on them.

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile

Thanks for the feedback. One more question: is there any use for Lakitu clouds at present other than livestock? You said they can show up as enemy mounts, but I assume there is no fancy magic available to the player for mounting their own Koopas on them.

Unfortunately, dwarves riding mounts isn't possible in the current release of DF, and thus fortress citizens riding mounts isn't available in mods either. (Though there may or may not be some DFHack trickery you could use.)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile

Ah, I see. I was able to get a Koopa to mount a Lakitu Cloud via DFHack, but unfortunately, it seems mounted units follow the mount's (dumb) AI rather than commanding them. That may explain why it's not already implemented.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can shear them for fluff and use it to make fluffy clothing.

JumboDS64

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I was just browsing through the raws (just because I was curious), and I noticed you seem to have made a mistake when naming the shyguy professions:

[PROFESSION_NAME:WRESTLER:wrestler guy:wrestler guys]
   [PROFESSION_NAME:MASTER_WRESTLER:Anti Guy:Anti Guys]
   [PROFESSION_NAME:THIEF:bandit:bandits]
   [PROFESSION_NAME:MASTER_WRESTLER:Bandit Lord:Bandit Lords]

As you can see, master wrestler shyguys are called "Bandit Lords", and actual master theives have no defined name.

EDIT: Also, I notice that there's a file called "langrotmk.txt", which seems to be an attempt to actually create a language, instead of just automatically assigning randomly-generated strings to words. Interesting...          (bear is "banji"    i see what you did there)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 10:41:57 pm by JumboDS64 »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, that's an error.

The rotmk language file was an idea to make a single language for all races and differentiate them through their cultures preferring certain names (bob-ombs like fire-related names, so all the fire words are acceptable bob-omb names, for example).  There are already lot of in-jokes in the language, but it's a lot of work and not nearly complete enough to use.

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile

Lakitu's clouds' fluff seems to be unweavable - looking at the raws, it lacks [YARN], which I'm guessing is the cause.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 61