Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 61

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 251942 times)

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Update 0.5: Welcome to the Juice Bar!
« Reply #570 on: December 11, 2015, 08:43:52 am »

Excellent. Time to build a toad tavern and make a pilgrimage there as a bard.
A few things I noticed in the last version that may or may not be fixed yet (or might be not bugs):
The martial arts quicksilver ability calls BOOST_DEFENSE_MW instead.
I couldn't learn firebrand from a slab, and noticed that [CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0] occurs twice in a row under the display name tag.
The teleport ability granted by the magic secret dropped my speed to minimum, possibly because the strength penalty caused to much encumbrance (which only just now occurred to me).
The stat boost and penalties for [INTERACTION:PHOTOSYNTHESIS2_MW] appear to have the same moon phases, barring the first day or so.
Shyguys, amongst other creatures, use simplified body plans which mean I can't snap their wrists.
Sorry for not reporting these sooner.

Thanks, I'll fix those.  (Many of them are no longer applicable though)

I don't suppose anybody would happen to know why like half of the races are listed as NO_TRADE?  They have COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL and COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK, what else is necessary?

Wagons.  Your standalone package doesn't include wagons.

Also make sure that pack animals actually exist and are accessible to civilizations.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 11, 2015, 11:16:27 pm »

FYI, I'm working on updating the tileset, and putting tools in item_instrument_mw.txt break the Subtype finder, so I have to number the tool subtypes by hand.
There are at least 150 of those.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #572 on: December 12, 2015, 11:22:33 am »

FYI, I'm working on updating the tileset, and putting tools in item_instrument_mw.txt break the Subtype finder, so I have to number the tool subtypes by hand.
There are at least 150 of those.

I'm planning on having pre-defined instruments at some point.  The procedurally generated thing is a cool novelty, but personally I'd rather know what someone is playing at a glance without having to read its whole description and deduce that it's basically a funky drum or flute or whatnot.

I'm guessing that sooner or later someone will make a real-world instrument mod, and when they do I'll just steal it from them :)

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 12, 2015, 09:01:13 pm »

I've updated the non-TWBT version for the lastest release, but the TWBT version will need TWBT to update.

Ardebitis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 19, 2015, 02:52:10 pm »

I really enjoy this mod, but there are a few things I've noticed:
  • I can turn fuzzy plants into slurry, but I can't seem to turn that slurry into sheets.
  • Slot Machines only let me insert 10 coins, and the 1-9 options are just plain missing from the job list.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 19, 2015, 07:32:29 pm »

I really enjoy this mod, but there are a few things I've noticed:
  • I can turn fuzzy plants into slurry, but I can't seem to turn that slurry into sheets.
  • Slot Machines only let me insert 10 coins, and the 1-9 options are just plain missing from the job list.

I saw, the fuzzbush is missing the PAPER_SLURRY reaction class, it will be fixed.
The slot machine change was deliberate, I wanted to simplify things.  I might put some other options in, although I am planning on changing the Shyguy's playstyle to use a 'dreamwalker' system similar to the Toad's current pipe mining, so we'll see how that goes.

Right now I'm making a whole lot of spells (each spell will have its own secret, so there can be a book written on each one).  I'm going to do some experiments with the Koopas to see if and how different spells "spread" under the current knowledge system - possibly using potions to "meditate" for new spells.  A Magikoopa study hall would be a great way of utilizing the scholar system.  Also - piranha plant paper.

The ability to add thoughts to syndromes opens up a lot of possibilities for 'recreational' substances.  Expect to find fuzzy on the black market.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 22, 2015, 03:43:08 am »

I've been messing around with koopa alchemy and noticed a few things:
  • Quicksilver extraction doesn't have an associated workshop.
  • Neither do the coin cleaning reactions, although I'm not sure what I'd do with platinum coins so I guess they might not be finished?
  • Since the change for alchemy more grounded in realism, no one can make volatile firestone anymore.
  • Sublimating a magic potion still makes a carmot gem, not bar.
  • The automation for carmot making tends to get stuck making spirits of salt if not watched, but otherwise works.
  • Also, converting carmot to azoth needs a container made of frozen quicksilver.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 03:57:50 am by Nahere »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 22, 2015, 08:58:39 am »

Thanks for pointing out all these mistakes, I'll fix them up.

I liked the idea of having red coins be a step in the process for making shining gold, but I don't really know how blue and shining silver coins are going to fit in with the whole system.

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 08, 2016, 03:43:04 pm »

Rydel - for some reason, your graphics pack has the vanilla raws in it, which caused it to basically uninstall ROTMK when I told the Lazy Newb Pack to install it for me. When I installed it by hand and skipped the objects folder everything went fine, but you might want to edit your pack to use the ROTMK raws or something, because I don't think anybody is going to want this only for dwarves.

Thanks for the pack otherwise, though! Everything feels much more mushroomy when every last inanimate object has eyes for no discernible reason.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 04:25:39 pm by CaptainGame »

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 08, 2016, 08:03:27 pm »

The graphics pack includes the raw files deliberately, as it changes some of them to display properly.  It only includes the files it needs to make changes to.  It does look like some of these raws are out of date and need to be updated, but it shouldn't remove any Mushroom Kingdom content - the only files it edits from ROTMK is creature_mw_ocean, since the Cheep Cheeps were showing up as meat instead of fish. It looks like it will, however, remove some of the new vanilla tools, like bookcases and quires, until I fix it.

However, if you manually removed the vanilla creatures and plants, you'll need to do so again after installing the graphics.

Speaking of Phoebus,  I was thinking of replacing the Phoebus tiles and creatures still in the set with the graphics from my Rally Ho tileset.  Since both this and Rally Ho are based primary off SNES graphics, they should probably look better together.  However, before making this change, I'd like to know what people think of it.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #580 on: January 18, 2016, 12:21:09 pm »

Is Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom compatible with 42.05?

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 18, 2016, 02:11:29 pm »

On a quick test, it looks like everything works.  I didn't test everything, but embarking works and building an okay Toad fort works, nothing in the raws looks like it should conflict, and this doesn't need DFHack except for Text Will Be Text, which is optional anyway.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Update 0.5.1: Spells and Shrooms
« Reply #582 on: January 18, 2016, 03:55:18 pm »

I updated, since I haven't in a while and the new version looks like a lot of fun.

The main changes in this version are a vastly expanded list of secrets (though they don't tend to spread very easily) and a new system for powerups.  Instead of finding powerup mushrooms growing in the wild, you'll have to pick 'wild forest mushrooms' and 'wild cave mushrooms'.  Toads can identify them, which will usually give you regular forest or cave mushrooms but will occasionally turn out to be powerups... or poison.  Other races will have to either avoid the wild 'shrooms or take a gamble.

Some other substances have been given alternate uses.  Touching fuzzy (or eating foods cooked with their juice) gives a major mood boost in addition to dizziness.  And it's safer than alcohol!

Magikoopas work differently now.  Drinking a potion of arcane wisdom not only turns regular koopas into magikoopas, it can also teach them a random spell, which can then be spread through the fortress by writing scrolls.  But only other Magikoopas will be able to learn them.  The more potions you make, the more powerful your spellcasters will become.

Of course, adventure mode is where the real fun is.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just made a tiny update that makes the adventure mode a lot more fun.

Basically I figured out why the wilds have seemed so empty lately.  It seems to have to do with a clash between the seasonal biome system (where each biome has a different set of monsters in each season) and the way the game places wild creatures; basically you can easily end up with biomes where there are very few or no creatures placed for certain seasons.

I fixed this by adding [UBIQUITOUS] to almost all creatures.  Now the road is full of dangers, as it ought to be.

vexxice

• Bay Watcher
  • Traveling at the speed of Urist (not that fast)
    • View Profile

YAY! This mod is amazing! I love it, keep up the good work!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 61