Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 61

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 251892 times)

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've updated the TWBT version of the tileset.
In addition to supporting the 0.5 and 0.5.1 changes, this also provides unique graphics for the buildings and plants.

Given the number of plants in the game, they haven't been thoroughly tested, so let me know if any of them seem off.

EDIT:
BTW, if you are playing using the vanilla plants as well, there is a raws/objects/Vanilla Plants folder.  You'll need to move the contents of that to raws/objects in order for the overrides to look right.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 08:52:42 am by Rydel »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

are there bob-ombs?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are Bob-ombs.  They are playable in Adventure mode and will trade with Koopas in Fortress mode.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

I'll update this soon.  I managed to fix a bug that was causing random crashes when loading certain sites; it seems that the game doesn't like cave civs with gardens.  Not much else is changed, though I might remove some fake creatures since they clutter up the art creation menu.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Update 0.5.2: More fun for adventurers
« Reply #589 on: March 11, 2016, 09:17:43 am »

Updated!

This one fixes a few things with adventure mode.  It streamlines the adventure mode menu and adds the vanilla bonecrafting reactions, fixes a random crash bug, and makes some wild monsters more aggressive.

Next DF version looks fun, whenever that shows up...

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 11, 2016, 02:05:13 pm »

those things that are supposed to split when hit with a blade,don't seem to. is it because of the zombie nerf?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 12, 2016, 12:06:31 pm »

those things that are supposed to split when hit with a blade,don't seem to. is it because of the zombie nerf?

They still do, but only in combat, because of the changed necromancer behavior.  (Also they only split if their limbs are chopped off, hitting their body with a blade kills them.)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 15, 2016, 09:45:17 am »

no,no,no I was using arena mode as one of those things, and it wouldn't work. I think toady said something about needing either a head or a grasp to reanimate a body part, do those things have grasps
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 15, 2016, 10:12:57 am »

no,no,no I was using arena mode as one of those things, and it wouldn't work. I think toady said something about needing either a head or a grasp to reanimate a body part, do those things have grasps

Normal necromancers need grasps because of the FIT_FOR_ANIMATION tag.  Ameboids have a custom interaction that lets them animate any ameboid parts, even without grasps.  I tested it in the arena, try putting a team of ameboids against a sword wielding opponent.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 15, 2016, 10:18:50 am »

I played as a human with a sword, chopped off 2 ameboid limbs, then played as the ameboid, tried both creature actions, neither worked
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Goyru

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
STUFF
« Reply #595 on: April 04, 2016, 11:56:15 pm »

Been playing around with this for a while and enjoying everything so far. I tried my hand at creating a caste of fat shyguys, scaled up to a bit over human size.

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/kouban/394182/531343/531343_original.jpg

Overall taller, slower and rarer, but all of the ones I've seen are tagged as being thin after setting the relative thickness of the fat tissue to 2. Any idea on how to

Do the different kinds of mushrooms besides the life shroom, and the power flower actually do anything in adventure mode aside from act as expensive food?
There's a few other things I kind of wanted to see are a flutter jump for the yoshis and a ground pound for the main playable races.

I've noticed a few things missing when screwing around with the raws. Fire metal clothing is inconsistent in when it relies on the Armor User skill (probably not your fault) and nobody seems to be able to gain experience in climbing. Kevlard, the shyguys' tougher replacement for the fat layer, is missing from the material files. The bumpty's bump attack also doesn't seem to have any purpose damage-wise, being weaker than a punch and leaving the player wide open. Is it not supposed to be useful?
Anyone else having a problem with sapient bob-ombs using their lethal detonation attack when threatened in melee instead of the one that keeps them intact? Is that supposed to happen?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 05, 2016, 12:50:13 am »

Fat descriptions are judged relative to the average fat level of a creature's caste, so I don't think it's possible to make a caste that is always described as fat (though doubling the fat layer will make them function as fat even if they are described as thin).  Arena creatures are always at peak fitness as far as I am aware so it's hard to test the difference between a fat individual and a thin one.

Almost all mushrooms and flowers have some effect in adventure mode, though many just raise recuperation or endurance so their effects aren't as noticeable as the major powerups.

The word kevlard isn't in the game, it is just the word I use to describe the increased toughness of shy guy and bumpty fat.

The bumpty bump should be stronger than their punch, but it's less focused so it may be less effective.  Bumpties are pretty bad at unarmed offensive combat in any case.

Bob-ombs will almost always explode lethally in lethal combat, the weak explosion is their replacement for spitting.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 05, 2016, 10:17:23 am »

Awesome game! How powerful are birdos, because playing as one I killed all the bogeyman that attacked me? and can you fix that shadows and boos attack the  bogeyman?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 08, 2016, 06:14:06 pm »

when I put this in a df file, should I delete all the standard raws not in the mod or no?

(please ignore. stupid question. just realized I cannot delete things on bay12)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 06:16:38 pm by Zavvnao »

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 08, 2016, 06:34:26 pm »

Either way - The mod is designed so it can work entirely on its own.
But, you can leave the original files if you also want to have Dwarves, Two Grain Wheat, Badgermen, and the like.

I think most players delete the raws, but graphics are included for the regular DF stuff if you don't.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 61