Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 61

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 251653 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: Major Mod (Major Update! Version 0.1)
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2012, 04:37:31 pm »

Doesn't a fear of underground prevent toads from living inside buildings too?

No; cave adaptation only happens underground. Above-ground buildings are not considered underground; in fact, if a tile has ever been exposed to the outside, it will never be underground.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2012, 10:23:47 pm »

I have a problem for this mod, I installed it a little while ago (earlier today) And as soon as i Pressed either of the world gen buttons, a white box appeared. and for the record, i am using a mac.

EDIT: this bug has happened on other mods, such as Fortbent, and was fixed as soon as i downloaded the latest community fort for said mod. Perhaps all i need is a pre embarked world?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 04:40:34 pm by OREOSOME »
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2012, 12:54:44 pm »

I have a problem for this mod, I installed it a little while ago (earlier today) And as soon as i Pressed either of the world gen buttons, a white box appeared. and for the record, i am using a mac.

I... have no idea what that is.  This mod only edits the raws, so I don't see any reason why it should behave differently on a mac...

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2012, 08:32:30 am »

Downloading new version, looks quite a bit better then the last one I Dl'ed, overall very interesting mod!
Nom nom nom

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2012, 01:02:42 pm »

Toads sound like they would play like those farming community/succession forts that pop up from time to time.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2012, 02:48:55 pm »

I have absolutely no modding experience what so ever, but to solve the whole toad problem, wouldn't it be easier to give them a reaction that allows them to make wooden mechanisms, so they can defend themselves until traders arrive?
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2012, 03:07:15 pm »

Bug:
As a koopa I can embark with trolls. Each troll only costs 1 value, and they arrive with clothes on. I've only genned one world, but I was hoping to be able to embark with shellcreepers.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2012, 03:33:35 pm »

That's not a bug, just an oddity.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2012, 04:16:03 pm »

Dear gods, I found an even stranger oddity. At first I thought little of it when some of my koopas claimed nest boxes, but right now I'm looking at a koopa egg roast. They're eating their own damn eggs.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2012, 04:30:35 pm »

Dear gods, I found an even stranger oddity. At first I thought little of it when some of my koopas claimed nest boxes, but right now I'm looking at a koopa egg roast. They're eating their own damn eggs.

That's hilarious... and bizarrely fitting :P
I've been playing as Toads and finding quite a number of oddities, like a group of migrants showing up with a Yoshi merchant as a pet ???.  I think I'm going to remove Yoshi traders entirely, it's not like they bring anything useful anyway.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2012, 05:10:36 pm »

The helms and shells/ half-shells made at a craftsdwarves workshop wear out very quickly for one reason or another. I thought they were supposed to be armour?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2012, 05:20:20 pm »

The helms and shells/ half-shells made at a craftsdwarves workshop wear out very quickly for one reason or another. I thought they were supposed to be armour?

They ARE armor... both types of shell are [ARMORLEVEL:3], and the helms are unchanged from vanilla.  That's odd...I've never seen them wear out, and I don't see why they would.  Maybe something else is damaging them?  Like fire or something?

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2012, 05:31:22 pm »

Quick question. What does your hero actually do? Apart from being your villages own personal Mario.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2012, 05:36:01 pm »

They ARE armor... both types of shell are [ARMORLEVEL:3], and the helms are unchanged from vanilla.  That's odd...I've never seen them wear out, and I don't see why they would.  Maybe something else is damaging them?  Like fire or something?
I have them stored in open air, so perhaps that contributes? I've tested it with both wood and bone with all the 3 types and they all wore out for me.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2012, 06:24:40 pm »

Hmm, I am realy likeing this mod. Plenty of interesting stuff ( just found a few ghosts, as in Boo's), and the new races are thought-out. Actualy, I wish to submit a suggestion for a race: Mousers are desert-folk, realy only notworthy for there high birth rate and there willingness to steal. However, for those that are not in a conflict with them, they bring both cloth and steel in equal amounts, which could be a savoir of shyguy's who are struggeling. Also have lemons and limes, who's uniqe taste ( matiral value) is enjoyed by everyone.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 61