Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 61

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 250854 times)

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Update 0.5.2: More fun for adventurers
« Reply #600 on: April 25, 2016, 06:18:43 pm »

Apparantly, I messed up some of the item numbering in the override file.  It has been corrected now.

Special thanks to Kinlok for pointing this out.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 26, 2016, 02:31:10 pm »

I've been playing as the shyguys and have some observations.

1. The subcon industry needs some revision.  The Vase is fine for making keys and the toybox is good but the other two seem kinda bland.  Dream items are utterly useless and I highly doubt anyone uses them as by the time you can make the dream bed you have permanent stuff.  They should probably be replaced with something else. 

2. Subspace portals mostly produce some item called "plants" as do the slots, no clue what these are for they seem to just be clutter.

3. Shyguy learning/rust actually is pretty awesome and combined with short lives makes them actually play differently in a fun way!

4.  Something seems borked with military squads. I know we only get one but it is still limited to size 10 instead of a larger force. Apparently I needed to hit a sufficient population for this and noble positions.

5.  Shyguys getting all sorts of crazy animals at the start is fun and differentiates them in a good way.

6.  Shyguys appear to lack any of the fun end game stuff like magikoopas and transformations or magic.  On this note I have a suggestion.  The Vase should rarely produce a special key (that does not fade over time) that is not used in the portal but instead can be used to transform a shyguy into a Phanto.  Phantos of course are magic flying terror masks so it fits in with shyguys perfectly and could be used to give them some late game fireworks.

7.  While having no nobles is thematic and fun.  There should be a way to implement a bookkeeper simply for player sanity.  Never mind just discovered I was wrong :P

Edit: I've also had only shyguy traders up to winter of year 2 and no invasions but that could be DF randomness.

Edit 2: Well mole people invaded and walked immediately into a Yoshi ambush that slaughtered them all from hiding.  Thus alerted I sent the whole military and slew the yoshis with a loss of only a single shyguy and two wounded.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 08:31:39 pm by neotemplar »
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 27, 2016, 09:56:00 am »

I've been playing as the shyguys and have some observations.

1. The subcon industry needs some revision.  The Vase is fine for making keys and the toybox is good but the other two seem kinda bland.  Dream items are utterly useless and I highly doubt anyone uses them as by the time you can make the dream bed you have permanent stuff.  They should probably be replaced with something else. 

2. Subspace portals mostly produce some item called "plants" as do the slots, no clue what these are for they seem to just be clutter.

6.  Shyguys appear to lack any of the fun end game stuff like magikoopas and transformations or magic.  On this note I have a suggestion.  The Vase should rarely produce a special key (that does not fade over time) that is not used in the portal but instead can be used to transform a shyguy into a Phanto.  Phantos of course are magic flying terror masks so it fits in with shyguys perfectly and could be used to give them some late game fireworks.

7.  While having no nobles is thematic and fun.  There should be a way to implement a bookkeeper simply for player sanity.  Never mind just discovered I was wrong :P
1. well, the dream bed makes a high amount of items with value in little time, and unless i'm wrong(which I might be) the wealth of the fort affects migrants and sieges, so if you want more of these use many dream beds.
2.I would assume they are some kind of food, but yes it is weird
6. actually the vase has a 1% percent chance of making a magic boulder that turns people into phantos
7.How are you wrong?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #603 on: April 27, 2016, 11:16:04 am »

The shy guys haven't been updated in a while, so it's possible there could be some bugs.  I was planning on a dreamwalking system similar to the Toad's mining pipe but wasn't really sure how to balance it or how to tie it into the existing aspects of their playing style.l

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 27, 2016, 01:29:31 pm »

I was wrong because at 80 or so pop a host of noble positions showed up, including bookkeeper.  I'll have to hunt for a phanto rock now that I know!

Also the dream stuff is pointless for wealth creation as any dedicated shyguy craft hits legend rapidly.

My fort lost all its picks when the wagon fell into a pond that thawed and we were forced to build a wood fort: still at the end of year 2 we have a wealth of 200+ million with no dream items.  Invidentally check the prices for spiked pillars... The may be part of the crazy wealth.  But even without them shyguys are crazy industrious and just pump wealth via skills. Especially due to 2 year kids, near no useless mouths.  This makes them really fun to play on a base level.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 27, 2016, 05:12:58 pm »

They probably should have mentioned that the phantos are berserk.  They are meant to be a hazard of looking for a key.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 18, 2016, 05:49:12 pm »

For some reason I can't assign anyone the alchemy labor?

Which keeps me from building a Star Beacon, among other things.

EDIT: Entities are missing PERMITTED_JOB:ALCHEMIST

Fortunately, it's something you can fix inside a save.

EDIT2:  Found another bug - the forest warp pipe produces one of four kinds of wood, but one of them, HARDWOOD_MW, does not actually exist, so you just get 'logs'.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 09:58:33 pm by Thuellai »
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Update 0.5.3: Updated for DF43
« Reply #607 on: June 19, 2016, 03:41:54 pm »

I made an update so the game will now work with DF43.  I also removed most abstract creatures so they don't clutter up the image menu, and changed the suffix from MW to ROTMK, for...other reasons.  Creature graphics might need to be updated as a result.

I haven't gotten a chance to test out fort mode, but I did fix the particular bugs people have brought up.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 19, 2016, 06:02:45 pm »

I've updated the non-TWBT version for the new release.

Indigo: I noticed the link for the non-TWBT version points to an old version.  Can you update it to http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10368 ?

I have updated the TWBT version on my end, but since TWBT hasn't been uipdated for 43.03 yet, I haven't done any testing yet.  I'll release it once TWBT updates.
When I do that, I'll also look in to the display issues people have reported with bins and saplings

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 20, 2016, 11:48:58 pm »

So, uh...

It seems that DF can't handle creatures with more than 200 materials defined.  This causes some rather severe bugs in the current version, specifically a whole lot of things being made of "unknown creature substance".

I'll release a fix soon.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

So, uh...

It seems that DF can't handle creatures with more than 200 materials defined.  This causes some rather severe bugs in the current version, specifically a whole lot of things being made of "unknown creature substance".

I'll release a fix soon.
Just out of curiosity, why 200 materials in one creature?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

So, uh...

I'll release a fix soon.
Probably MAGIC_MAT_MW which is a non_existent creature for magic boulders and stuff. maybe MAGIC_MAT_MW had over 200 materials.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, uh...

I'll release a fix soon.

ROTMK uses a LOT of custom materials (for magic, item blocks, the Toad's request system, badges, and so on) and defining them as INORGANIC allows things like slabs and forgotten beasts to be made from them (even if they are designated as SPECIAL, oddly) so the only way to really store them is to put them inside a nonexistent creature.  But the image creation system lets you select any creature in the raws, even nonexistent ones, so I wanted to minimize the number of abstract creatures to minimize clutter on the image creation screen.  However it turns out that there is a limit on materials, so I had to add some of the abstract creatures back.  I suppose I could define them as creatures that fit in the 'verse but don't show up in-game, but I didn't think of it.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile

Hey Indigo, been playing through a toad fort and I've noticed that a lot of kitchen reactions are actually LESS valuable than their ingredients.  Notably, dried pasta is less valuable than the flour used to make it, and koopasta has the same value as regular dried pasta, meaning you're throwing in turtle leaves for no value increase.  Likewise shroom cakes - 20 bucks sugar, 20 bucks flour, 4 buck egg, 4 buck shroom...  for a 4 dollar shroom cake.  Might be others as well, these are just the ones I've noticed.  Fried eggs do seem to be more valuable than regular eggs, at least?

EDIT:
Poked through the raws.  Apparently VALUE is depreciated as a tag.  Plants now appear to be worth 2x material value no matter what, based on fried eggs/omelettes.

An easy enough fix on my own at least, but worth noting.  I've also noticed I can't brew wheatgrass beer - milling works fine, but it doesn't show up in the kitchen menu as brewable.

EDIT2:

Unrelated thought - it looks like there's no millable nuts or seeds for making oil so far as I've seen.  Would be cool to have a couple included.

EDIT3: Just found a pretty major bug - since coins are made of the same material as star pieces, they're considered REACTION_CLASS:STAR_PIECE.  Which means it only takes 5 coins to make a star, thanks to Restore a Power Star's reagent being NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE.  Market requests for plants seem broken similarly - a Super Mushroom request will actually take basically any plant.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 02:48:55 am by Thuellai »
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 61