Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 61

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 250963 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Update 0.5.4: Just some fixes (and fixed links)
« Reply #705 on: September 25, 2017, 06:22:45 am »

Ooh, that's convenient.  It would go perfectly with this mod, too, making koopa pets that appear properly in the wild instead of having to mess around with good/evil tags.

malistaticy

• Bay Watcher
  • WAH
    • View Profile

are there any plans to fix the world gen crash at ~500 years?
"Honestly, I have no idea how that got there"

malistaticy

• Bay Watcher
  • WAH
    • View Profile

had a very interesting experience with yoshi's that are bought from caravans today
as it turns out, they can petition to become citizens, and when they do you can manage their labors and enlist them into the military just like yoshi's you embark with
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 12:49:40 pm by malistaticy »

infinityc0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Update 0.5.4: Just some fixes (and fixed links)
« Reply #708 on: November 04, 2017, 12:31:43 pm »

So... did anyone figure out how to make the koopas actually wear their shells when they are off duty and doing civilian jobs, or should I just resign myself to having shell-less koopas?

malistaticy

• Bay Watcher
  • WAH
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 04, 2017, 12:39:09 pm »

found a serious bug
i managed to accumulate two pages worth of power stars with less than 200 coins

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 04, 2017, 11:43:14 pm »

So... did anyone figure out how to make the koopas actually wear their shells when they are off duty and doing civilian jobs, or should I just resign myself to having shell-less koopas?

You can create a squad that requires armor when off-duty on the squad creation screen, and adds all koopas to it.

found a serious bug
i managed to accumulate two pages worth of power stars with less than 200 coins

How?

malistaticy

• Bay Watcher
  • WAH
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 05, 2017, 01:23:11 am »

How?

I genuinely have no idea, i had only completed a couple request office jobs, and only killed a few monsters, so my coin count was definitely low. my star beacon is built on a z-level i dont normally switch to so its just been doing the [AUTOMATIC] restoration job for several months, and next moment i check the building with [t], its got two and a half pages of power stars

EDIT: I've loaded up the save and i payed close attention to the job, for some reason you only need 5 coins to restore a star? infact, judging by the fact that the toads can use a mix of star pieces and shining coins, i believe that coins must use the same material as star pieces, breaking the reaction

EDIT2: Searching the topic, i've come to the conclusion that I must be running off an old version :p

also, you might wanna change the picture on the OP to an imgur link, photobucket is asking for a steep price for 3rd party hosting
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 03:34:02 am by malistaticy »

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 10, 2017, 04:22:09 pm »

So, I gotta ask... any plans for an Odyssey update? Odyssey added several creatures and many potential civs to the Mario world, plenty of which would be interesting in this mod!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 12, 2017, 09:50:00 am »

So, I gotta ask... any plans for an Odyssey update? Odyssey added several creatures and many potential civs to the Mario world, plenty of which would be interesting in this mod!

Yeah, I checked it out.  The new races look pretty nice...though this mod is already chock full as it is.  But who would pass up the opportunity to play as a Mexican skeleton?  Or a fork?

I think I'll wait until DF updates though.  I've got enough projects to deal with right now :P

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 20, 2017, 08:18:44 pm »

I am sorry if this is necroing, but in adventure mode, do you have to wait for a certain time of year to pick power-up plants growing in the wild?

Edit: Also, how do you open coin blocks you find in adventure mode?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 08:57:21 pm by Zavvnao »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: December 04, 2017, 03:49:27 pm »

Indigo, are you going to change anything for this release?
I am sorry if this is necroing, but in adventure mode, do you have to wait for a certain time of year to pick power-up plants growing in the wild?

Edit: Also, how do you open coin blocks you find in adventure mode?
I think so.

I believe you use a reaction, but I've forgotten its name.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 04, 2017, 04:34:09 pm »

I've done a bit of work on the update, but like I said I'm rather bogged down at the moment with other projects.  I'll get to it soon enough. :)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 04, 2017, 06:05:30 pm »

I'd like to report that I have encountered one of these creatures that are immune to physical damage, I have found that they can still be killed by extreme temperatures if that helps at all.

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 04, 2017, 06:54:28 pm »

When running RotMK, the game crashes for me the second time per session it runs the "Processing raw data... Loading object files... Initializing..." stage (so, for instance, if I generate a new world, attempting to start a new game in that world will make DF crash unless I close and reopen it first); this seems to be delayed to the third time per session if I delete all vanilla DF creature, entity, and plant files first. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Sometime in the months since I posted this, I reformatted my computer, and today I decided to see if I could get RotMK to run on a fresh system. No luck; same as before, even on just a plain 0.43.05 Windows SDL download without anything else (not even tilesets, color schemes, or the like).

If you downloaded the graphics pack more than about a week ago, go to the raw/object folder and delete any files that use _mw instead of _rotmk in their title.  They are duplicated from an older version that I accidentally left in.

Sorry for not responding to this at the time; I was unsure whether you were replying to me or someone else, though looking back on it nobody else really makes sense. In any case, I wasn't using any graphics pack when the crash first started happening (nor am I now that I'm trying it again), so that can't be the cause here.

Has anyone else experienced this, with this or any other mods? It just seems strange for this to happen with a non-utility-based mod.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 05, 2017, 10:22:53 am »

No luck; same as before, even on just a plain 0.43.05 Windows SDL download without anything else (not even tilesets, color schemes, or the like).
I don't know how to fix this problem. Do you know that DF has been updated to 44.02?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 61