Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 61

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 249103 times)

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Update 0.5.4: Just some fixes (and fixed links)
« Reply #720 on: December 05, 2017, 08:12:52 pm »

Do you know that DF has been updated to 44.02?

I am, thank you. That's actually part of what inspired me to check if I could get RotMK working - I played some 44.02 but then started missing some of old mods I played on previous versions, so I gave RotMK a try. (Unsurprisingly, given the fact that it isn't even updated for 44 yet, it doesn't work on the current version for me any better than it did for 43 - indeed, if played in 'crossover mode' keeping existing files, it yields some minor errors since the tool file is overwritten but not entity_default, so ITEM_TOOL_PEDESTAL and ITEM_TOOL_DISPLAY_CASE don't exist.)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Update 0.5.4: Just some fixes (and fixed links)
« Reply #721 on: December 06, 2017, 12:26:05 am »

Are there any other changes I should know about? The update I'm working on mainly just modifies pets and adds Odyssey species.

malistaticy

• Bay Watcher
  • WAH
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 06, 2017, 06:47:38 am »

Are there any other changes I should know about? The update I'm working on mainly just modifies pets and adds Odyssey species.
Flying citizen ai/tree stuck ai is finally fixed, so Koopa civs might actually be playable in this version :D
"Honestly, I have no idea how that got there"

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom 0.5.5: Let's do the Odyssey!
« Reply #723 on: December 13, 2017, 03:42:52 pm »

Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom is back for Dwarf Fortress 0.44!  Thanks for waiting!

Thanks to the improved pet system, Koopas can finally have their exclusive pets without keeping their wild variants shut up in the underground.

There are six new races to play with in great wide wacky world.

Bonneters: Ghosts in the form of animated flying hats.  They live in mountains and fight by capturing their enemies and beating them up with spectral hands.  Not much more to be said, maybe they'll gain more unique abilities when soul stuff comes around.
Tostarenans: Happy-go-lucky Mexican skeletons.  They are pretty quick with the welcome wagon, though they don't have much to sell.  While not technically undead, their "Dance of the Dead" ability gives temporary undead status to themselves and their allies.  Take one along if you want to invade a necromancer tower without vamping yourself.
Lochladies (and Lochlords): Merfolk with good fashion sense.  Though mainly known for their fancy dresses, their natural kinesthetic sense and observation skills serve them surprisingly well on the battlefield as well.  Unfortunately, their slow walking makes it hard for them to give chase.  They're a force to be reckoned with in the water, though.
Bubblainians: Just French snail people.  Next.
Shiverians: Bumpties no longer have to brave the cold tundra by themselves, now a new ice-dwelling race joins them.  These ones are much more formidable, being on par with the Piantas in size.  They still don't get any good weapons or armor though.
Volbonians: Giant sapient forks.  Really, does anything else need to be said?

Some other wild creatures will show up as well.  Glydons, Jaxis, Uproots, Pokios, and Burrbos now roam the wild.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Update 0.5.5: Let's do the Odyssey!
« Reply #724 on: December 13, 2017, 07:47:03 pm »

I would like to request that Komboo to be added as wild animals.
https://www.mariowiki.com/Komboo
No particular reason other than they were my favorite enemies from Odyssey. It's be pretty amusing if they could show up in swarms, but can do a whip attack with their entire body while being incredibly vulnerable to bladed weapons.

Also, I've been looking through the Koopa civ, why do they have training short swords but no actual short swords?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:23:41 pm by MottledPetrel »

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: December 14, 2017, 03:18:21 pm »

Bug Report:
Some civs have MAKE_WOODEN_DISPLAY_CASE as a permitted reaction, but the download includes outdated versions of the item and reaction files so pedestals and display cases do not exist. Also, no civs have pedestals or display cases listed as a tool they can use.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 14, 2017, 04:21:20 pm »

Just made a quick fix, added pedestals and display cases.  Also fixed the names of the color description files, which may or may not have been causing bugs.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 16, 2017, 09:21:34 pm »

Shyguys have COLOR_FUCHSIA_ROTMK as a permitted reaction, but the reaction is actually COLOR_MAGENTA_ROTMK. Also, whackas have CAN_LEARN, so their bumps are useless.
Edit:
Slot machines produce TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_KEY_ROTMK:CREATURE_MAT:KEY_ROTMK:NORMAL instead of TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_KEY_ROTMK:CREATURE_MAT:MATERIALS_ROTMK:KEY_DEFAULT, but more importantly using a key calls for TOOL:ITEM_TOOK_KEY_ROTMK.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 02:48:04 am by Nahere »

MKcyborg

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Aspiring Video Game Writer
    • View Profile
    • Yendorian Reviews
« Reply #728 on: April 03, 2018, 01:58:32 pm »

Maybe I'm installing the mod wrong, but I'm having a problem where the game closes by itself after playing for some time or when I exit a mode to go to another mode. I'm playing it with the Lazy Newb Pack, if that makes any difference. I did what the first topic suggests (replacing the raw/objects folder with the ROTMK one,) and then I tried to do the same thing except keeping the human graphics (they appeared weirdly in my first attempt.) Any ideas why it's doing this?
I do some video game reviews at my blog, Yendorian Reviews. Mostly indie stuff. Maybe you'll like it.

malistaticy

• Bay Watcher
  • WAH
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 05, 2018, 06:16:05 am »

Maybe I'm installing the mod wrong, but I'm having a problem where the game closes by itself after playing for some time or when I exit a mode to go to another mode. I'm playing it with the Lazy Newb Pack, if that makes any difference. I did what the first topic suggests (replacing the raw/objects folder with the ROTMK one,) and then I tried to do the same thing except keeping the human graphics (they appeared weirdly in my first attempt.) Any ideas why it's doing this?

annoyingly, it seems like its just one of the problems that come with this mod, its been that way for several versions, and I dont even play with LNP or the graphics pack

MKcyborg

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Aspiring Video Game Writer
    • View Profile
    • Yendorian Reviews
« Reply #730 on: April 05, 2018, 10:58:26 am »

Aw, really? I might have missed that in the ~50 pages of posts. It's a shame that bug is still around. I was planning on trying the mod out since it looked interesting and there's next to no gameplay of it on YouTube.
I do some video game reviews at my blog, Yendorian Reviews. Mostly indie stuff. Maybe you'll like it.

malistaticy

• Bay Watcher
  • WAH
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 05, 2018, 11:16:11 pm »

oh, i wouldnt let that stop me, if i had a gaming channel. sure, its a bit irritating, but its not like it crashes in the middle of saving except on world gen sometimes and all it takes is a game relaunch. that may take more heavy lifting using the LNP though, i wouldnt know

SirQuinnalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 27, 2018, 08:32:35 pm »

Oh hey just a suggest or two, love the mod by the way. Have you ever thought about adding creatures from Paper mario and Paper Mario Thousand Year Door to the mod? It's one of my favorite mario games, you might have added stuff already. I'm not too far into the mod, but I love playing as Shyguys spite the lack of order. Thanks for an amazing mod~!

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 28, 2018, 01:19:24 pm »

Oh hey just a suggest or two, love the mod by the way. Have you ever thought about adding creatures from Paper mario and Paper Mario Thousand Year Door to the mod? It's one of my favorite mario games, you might have added stuff already. I'm not too far into the mod, but I love playing as Shyguys spite the lack of order. Thanks for an amazing mod~!

Indeed there are PM and PM:TTYD creatures (as far as I can recall there's content from all the RPGs). Doogans in particular come to mind.

SirQuinnalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: June 28, 2018, 05:06:43 pm »

Ah so far on both of my 10+ hour runs a s Shyguys I just never encountered any PM or PM: TTYD creatures.
Or well maybe I have, since a lot of creatures intersect with other games :D
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 61