Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 61

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 250867 times)

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet
« Reply #855 on: July 29, 2020, 11:57:01 pm »

Ah, I wasn't aware 'no dfhack' was something you were going for. I suppose you would've thought of that sooner otherwise, then.

Themaskedone2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 27, 2020, 04:06:59 pm »

When looking at the races of the RotMK, I noticed one missing in particular. How can there be shy guys without snifits? From what I've seen in games, they're all-or-nothing gamblers and shady dealers. As for their mask and ability to fire pellets... Perhaps it would qualify as a sling in execution, but with longer range and accuracy. As for combat, they're often, in what games apply, tougher than the shys. As for possible flaws, they're not so good at construction, and very few folks actually like them, apart from maybe the other masked races. Oh, and before I forget, they'd likely bring in the good stuff if they show up at a fortress on good terms, though they may be difficult to get a fair deal from.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 04:18:09 pm by Themaskedone2 »

malistaticy

• Bay Watcher
  • WAH
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 31, 2020, 11:13:38 pm »

When looking at the races of the RotMK, I noticed one missing in particular. How can there be shy guys without snifits?

snifits are what shy guy blowgunmen are called. they use the "shooter" blowgun weapon, with bullets as ammo
"Honestly, I have no idea how that got there"

Themaskedone2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 01, 2020, 02:01:20 pm »

When looking at the races of the RotMK, I noticed one missing in particular. How can there be shy guys without snifits?

snifits are what shy guy blowgunmen are called. they use the "shooter" blowgun weapon, with bullets as ammo

Ah, didn't notice it right away, but if snifits were their own race, it seems like they'd work the way I'd mentioned... What other races would fit?

Themaskedone2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 09, 2020, 01:02:52 am »

Ah, I think I know of a race that isn't in this. The block people from the Mario and Luigi games. But what would be their pros/cons/abilities? The only one I'd be absolutely sure of is that they'd be a hardy folk, capable of taking hits that would remove other races from a fight.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 03:35:49 pm by Themaskedone2 »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 10, 2020, 08:45:16 am »

Ah, I think I know of a race that isn't in this. The block people from the Mario and Luigi games. But what would be their pros/cons/abilities? The only one I'd be absolutely sure of is that they'd be a hardy folk, capable of taking hits that would remove other races from a fight.
I don't remember for sure what they're called, but I think there are block people in this mod already.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Themaskedone2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 10, 2020, 02:31:38 pm »

I don't remember for sure what they're called, but I think there are block people in this mod already.
Nope, no block folk in the thing as far as I've looked.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 10, 2020, 07:45:40 pm »

You means the Brocks?
They're in the mod:
Code: (creature_rotmk_standard.txt) [Select]
[CREATURE:BROCK_ROTMK]
[DESCRIPTION:A strange, angular being with a head and torso shaped like stone blocks.]
[CREATURE_CLASS:ALL_CREATURES][UBIQUITOUS]
[NAME:brock:brocks:brock]
[CASTE_NAME:brock:brocks:brock]

Themaskedone2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 12, 2020, 12:42:57 pm »

Really? Sweet. I haven't found any yet in my playthroughs, so I must ask, what can you tell me about the RotMK Brocks? Also, if they ever become playable, even if just on Adventure mode, what sorta pros/cons would they have. Or are they already playable, and i need to update?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 12:45:10 pm by Themaskedone2 »

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 12, 2020, 09:31:13 pm »

They're playable, but as one of many possible civilisations they may not appear in every world. They also might not survive all of worldgen. Try large worlds with short history.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #865 on: September 15, 2020, 06:32:13 am »

Yeah, if there's one fault this mod has, it's not missing races - it's TOO MANY races.  Something I'm going to have to fix.

One of these days.

Themaskedone2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 15, 2020, 05:14:28 pm »

Yeah, if there's one fault this mod has, it's not missing races - it's TOO MANY races.  Something I'm going to have to fix.

One of these days.

Perhaps an updated list of the races and what to expect from them, whether they visit during fortress mode, or you play one in adventure. I'm still going through the forum looking for races I didn't see in my playthroughs.

Themaskedone2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 16, 2020, 01:43:18 am »

Did a run of adventure mode as a Pianta. Greatly enjoyed grappling and crushing foes with brute force, but I did have a particularly harrowing encounter that nearly did Crushter in. Ran into a Machine Made, not scout thankfully as I didn't want the nano infection, that peppered my dude with arrows. I happened to be in Shy Guy territory, and I got super lucky. Two Anti guys pounced on the killer bot and kept it's arms pinned long enough for me to finish it off. Apparently the thing had been terrorizing them, when I looked into it's history, and I don't know whether it's design or sheer dumb luck, but the shys weren't hostile after the battle. In my headcanon, they let me heal in their fortress out of gratitude.

Themaskedone2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 28, 2020, 04:11:15 pm »

Aaand Crushter's done. Tore through a Koopa fortress, only to find that Triclyde had it's lair there. Couldn't lure him up to the surface before the fire took my pianta out.

Sir Shadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 29, 2021, 11:14:53 am »

One of these days.

I personally love all the races. Adds variety and can be interesting to see which ones appear/survive world gen.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 61