Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 251384 times)

Sir Shadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet
« Reply #870 on: February 05, 2021, 01:58:08 pm »

Was making worlds with different starting parameters and got one some interesting results. Of the 80 generated civilizations, 11 have fallen 75 years in. Of the 69 remaining, the one with the highest population is actually a Star Sprite civilization with 1669 star sprites and various outcasts.

Elf Lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 24, 2022, 01:48:49 pm »

Hello! I was wondering if there’s any file changes I can make to make this mod function on 47.05. Currently when making a world any world bigger then the smallest setting seems to crash after 50 years. I just wanted to know as this mod seems really fun and I’d love to play it with all the additions of the villians release!

P.S. I do not know why it crashes. I’ve tried removing a few civs to see if that fixes it but it hasn’t worked so far

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #872 on: September 24, 2022, 03:57:59 pm »

Hello! I was wondering if there’s any file changes I can make to make this mod function on 47.05. Currently when making a world any world bigger then the smallest setting seems to crash after 50 years. I just wanted to know as this mod seems really fun and I’d love to play it with all the additions of the villians release!

P.S. I do not know why it crashes. I’ve tried removing a few civs to see if that fixes it but it hasn’t worked so far

A big mod like this will probably take a while to update. I don't even think Indigo even has this mod still on his radar.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #873 on: October 09, 2022, 04:54:42 am »

I haven't worked on this mod in ages (I don't think I even included Yoshi and Lakitu Cloud riding). I have bits and pieces of a half-done rebuild which changes a whole lot of things, but I kind of lost interest because of the stealthed creatures being invincible bug.  Many common creatures in this mod use hide abilities and I figured Toady would fix it at some point since it affects Vanilla, but he didn't and then I moved on to other things...

Well, between the Steam update and the upcoming Mario movie there may be renewed interest in ROTMK in the future. On that note, I found it funny that the movie trailer made the Koopas' punching bag enemies penguins, when Bumpties are the first invaders for Koopa players in this mod.  Fun coincidence there!

Elf Lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: October 17, 2022, 12:18:55 pm »

If you ever do work on it again and need help with bug testing I’d be glad to help! This mods one of the more unique ones and it would be great to see new players enjoy it

The Royal Plumber

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: December 15, 2022, 07:10:00 pm »

Man, I really hope you work on this again, It's honestly my preferred way to play Dwarf Fortress. I have been making a Stonesense sprite pack for it based on Super Mario RPG.

Nordlicht

• Bay Watcher
  • Wuschelig & Wunderlich
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: December 15, 2022, 07:18:16 pm »

Well, between the Steam update and the upcoming Mario movie there may be renewed interest in ROTMK in the future. On that note, I found it funny that the movie trailer made the Koopas' punching bag enemies penguins, when Bumpties are the first invaders for Koopa players in this mod.  Fun coincidence there!

This mod with a fitting tileset and a new Kruggsmash video would bring a whole new wave of players.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #877 on: December 17, 2022, 04:04:20 pm »

My goodness, that is some awesome spritework!

So I've been going over the new graphics system and trying to figure out what is possible, in order to determine the best way to progress on this mod and update it for the Steam release.

So far, I'm thinking the best way to do it would be, as glossed over before, to keep only a small number of preset entities (Toads, Koopas, Shy Guys, Goombas, Bob-ombs, Beanish, maybe a few more) and have the rest of the entities be generic "archetypes" that pop up frequently throughout the Mario series (feudal, industrial, dapper, tribal, arctic, scholarly, thieving) each of which have multiple possible races they can be filled with. This can keep the world from being overcluttered by the vast number of races present throughout the series, while also increasing variety between worlds.

To cut back on spritework, many of the races should probably have the same or similarly-shaped bodies, since most are basically humanoid with animal heads, so they can all have the same clothing sprites.

There is also one idea that I suddenly had which, since it appears to be possible, is absolutely essential: the "suit" clothing item, if made of a particular creature's leather, should have its entire appearance based on that creature. Finally we can have a proper tanooki suit, penguin suit, frog suit...Yoshi suit...Nobody tell PETA.

It also means that we must finally address the forbidden question of what a naked Shy Guy looks like.

Sir Shadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: December 23, 2022, 11:55:28 am »

Aside from the playable races, I think the major trading ones are probably worth keeping because they can kind of make or break a Toad run depending on how things are going, so I think the following woud be nice to have as a civ:

Beanish
Mole People
Frog People
Goombas
Bob-Ombs

And maybe Bumpties (getting traders in winter is nice) and Pianta.

I like your archetype idea though Bandits, Craws, Doogans, and Squeeks could probably be merged into a general "thief group" civ of some kind
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 12:00:20 pm by Sir Shadow »

Sir Shadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: December 26, 2022, 04:50:56 pm »

I have been fooling around with a toad sprite, but I'm having trouble with the shroom.

A closeup

The body layers

If you're wondering why their innards are green, it's because vim is green /shrug.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #880 on: December 26, 2022, 05:16:49 pm »

lol

Sir Shadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: December 27, 2022, 03:29:03 pm »

I had a fun idea for the toad sprites. By using the layering system to choose a base shroom color and then layer a color/pattern on top of that, you can create more variability for fun visuals. Anyways, I've moved on to the head details for the sprite.

Just working on pattern readability.

darnokthemage

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: January 02, 2023, 07:26:58 am »

Bit on a newbie with the DF texturing, but would be willing to help with stuff!

My thinking is that getting a small Core-mod on the workshop should be priority #1, something playable with the core content.
Would be good for the movie coming out, and then getting a new Kruggsmash video. Maybe advertise a bit to places like /r/Marioverse and other Mario fans.

Would recommend doing a post on the DF(kitfox) discord
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 08:53:15 am by darnokthemage »

Sir Shadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 05, 2023, 01:32:29 pm »

I've finished a first run through of some Toad graphics if anyone wants to take a look. I plan on adding some facial features and hair eventually (not really much to do since they have no noses or ears). Note, that this is just the graphics and I haven't even touched the file for putting it all together yet.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VImR0lT7wALbeHWy-JVg90f969h3RdZg?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 01:56:55 pm by Sir Shadow »

Elf Lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 08, 2023, 06:03:57 pm »

A good way moving forward might have to be having the other races as optional add ons instead if included by default. From what I can tell some of the civs are whats leading the the game crashing in world gen
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61