Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 249196 times)

Sir Shadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet
« Reply #885 on: January 08, 2023, 11:21:45 pm »

That's an interesting idea, though I never personally had issues with worldgen.

With the way that adding mods to worlds works now, you could just have some submods that expand the side races if you want to have them in that particular world.

darnokthemage

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: January 10, 2023, 03:29:45 pm »

The toad Graphics looks great, Do you have discord?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #887 on: January 11, 2023, 09:30:23 am »

I will be removing the civs with more weird mechanics, like the Machine Made, replacing them with a tower secret instead of making them a proper race. That should hopefully prevent the instability that arises when trying to stretch the game's mechanics to its limits.

Hexatona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: January 13, 2023, 12:17:12 am »

Yessss, this has always been my absolute favourite mod, glad to see it is still active for this new turning point in the game's development.

Sir Shadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: January 14, 2023, 09:25:03 am »

The toad Graphics looks great, Do you have discord?
Thanks, yeah Shadow#9380

Sir Shadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: January 19, 2023, 08:30:25 pm »

I've finished a first runthrough of the base koopa, now working on getting the other castes in. I'm thinking of going for a multi-tile visual for the Sumos like bigger creatures have.

Sir Shadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 03, 2023, 09:12:40 am »

I've finished a base run of the graphics for koopas and their castes (minus one, but I'll do that with megabeasts).

Check it out here!

Moving onto the last major race, I'm having to think a little harder about how Shyguys should be handled... I have no idea what they look like under their masks and I don't think anyone does (maybe not even Nintendo considering how it's handled in every game where their face could be revealed). With the way that the layering graphics work in DF Steam, there are some creative and cute things that could be done to handle that, but it would take a lot of work and is definitely not something I'd do on a first pass...

HorribleGonzo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 12, 2023, 11:16:41 pm »

I don't use this site often, this is my first post I think, but I just wanted to say that I love this mod, and Sir Shadow's graphics look amazing! Can't wait for the shy guy sprites, they were always my favorites.
This mod is actually inspiring me to plan my own mod, based on the Kirby series! I figured the cute and cuddly characters mixed with the dark lore and scary boss battles would be PERFECT for Dwarf Fort! :oD

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 16, 2023, 07:42:57 am »

Still updating this. And I agree, the graphical additions look great!

I will probably release it initially on Steam with only classical graphics, and the proper graphics can be added later.

As for Shy Guys, I think the best approach would be to not overthink it too much. Maybe little dark abstract creatures with glowing eyes, like how they look in Luigi's Mansion. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the mechanic that makes their head classed as a lowerbody - while the behavior does lead to them being embarrassed when their heads are uncovered, it also leads to them wearing pants on their heads, which I think is worse than just making masks their civ's only available hat, which they should wear anyway.

Sir Shadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 23, 2023, 02:23:57 pm »

I've been slowing down a bit due to work and IRL things, but I done a bit of concept doodling just to get some shapes down. I decided to go with a more amorphous shadow creatures for their base appearance, but they should be covered up with their classic style most of the time.

Elf Lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 23, 2023, 07:20:56 pm »

Can’t wait to see a new version of this update! Would use it so much when it’s updated! I know it’ll be very popular due to the coming Mario movie

HorribleGonzo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 28, 2023, 12:04:21 am »

I decided to go with a more amorphous shadow creatures for their base appearance, but they should be covered up with their classic style most of the time.
ohohoh.... chunky guyse. :) Love it!

The Royal Plumber

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 28, 2023, 06:13:02 pm »

I'm also going the amorphous shadow creature route for the stonesense graphic set. My headcanon is that they are so embarrassed to be unmasked that they imagine themselves into amorphousness.

I haven't touched the graphic set in a while but it's pretty far along. I'll try to get something uploaded soon.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 30, 2023, 04:52:45 pm »

Yeah, that's a pretty good design for them!

I'm trying to get the update out but I'm still running into random worldgen crashes.

What's even stranger is that I'm encountering an issue where, when deleting any two, three, or four creatures before sparky, podoboo, or blaarg (which are next to each other in the files), I get "undefined local creature material set to default" in sparky, podoboo, or blaarg, respectively. Deleting five or more creatures does not produce an error.

If I move any of these three creatures to other points in the filesystem I do not get this error message.

I swear, I have encountered the most bizarre bugs with this mod...

Elf Lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 30, 2023, 06:38:54 pm »

I’ve run into this same issue with the mod and I’ve found that by removing certain races it seems to stop some of the crashes
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61