Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 61

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 252223 times)

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom 2014: Experiments in Monster Psychology
« Reply #450 on: July 11, 2014, 09:50:38 pm »

This is awesome. Thanks for your hard work!
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Update 0.42: Special Powers for Every Race
« Reply #451 on: July 15, 2014, 08:28:23 am »

Updated again!

The world will be much more populated now, with different races spreading across the world but settling primarily in particular areas.  Most civilized races have some kind of special ability now, and their automatic abilities now work with secretions so you don't have to remember to activate them first.

Toads: Still glass cannons.
Koopas: Can withdraw into their shells, parakoopas can fly, magikoopas have a special movement speed (Teleport) that uses a lot of energy but allows them to move really really fast and can use magic attacks, burly koopas are big and strong.
Shy Guys: High agility.
Bandits: Special movement speed (Super Dash) that uses a lot of energy but is good for running jump attacks or making a quick getaway.
Bumpties: When prone, they slide.  This has a long buildup but a high top speed and uses no extra energy.  Also good at resisting blunt attacks.  Terrible attack power though.
Frog People: Poison spit, poison sweat, and hop instead of regular running, which has no build up but lower top speed than sprinters.  Also natural swimmers.
Mole People: Extravision, stat boosts, and the ability to sense creatures at a distance, but only when underground.
Piantas: Really strong, and stronger aboveground.  No good armor though.
Nokis: Fast swimmers and agile.
Squeeks: Very small and can crawl as fast as they can run, making them good at sneaking.  Even if sneaking wasn't already overpowered.  Also have very sensitive noses.
Bub-ulbs: Stronger aboveground, can use Pollen Nap to put creatures to sleep.  Can also sense plant-based creatures.
Doogans: Natural appraisal skill, good endurance for long merchant journeys.
Craws: Can fly.
Bob-ombs: Kaboom!  You can also use weaker, non-fatal explosions that will throw everyone around but won't kill you.
Goombas: Can sense and analyze any monster created through alchemy (i.e. that contains Shining Coins).  Different symbols show up depending on the monster's "tier".
Shamans: Frost webs, lightning bolts, charms and curses.  Weak fighters though.  Watch out, they will use curse as a negative social reaction so don't get them upset.  It's temporary though.
Kongs: Really fast climbers.  You can also choose their size now, Greater Kongs are really huge.
Kremlings: Sharp teeth and tough skin.  You can choose their size now too.
Humans: Larger than most races, combat trances.

Koopas will build dark fortresses again, which will be ruled by generated demons.  Unfortunately, this means that Demon Koopas will generally not become their leaders.  That's upsetting, so I made Demon Koopas playable as an outsider so you can go and try and conquer a Koopa kingdom yourself (or just terrorize the world, you cheater ;))

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 15, 2014, 04:59:39 pm »

Koopas will build dark fortresses again, which will be ruled by generated demons.  Unfortunately, this means that Demon Koopas will generally not become their leaders.  That's upsetting, so I made Demon Koopas playable as an outsider so you can go and try and conquer a Koopa kingdom yourself (or just terrorize the world, you cheater ;))

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know what I was expecting, but this is absurd.

I love it so, so much.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile

Just want to point this out... jumping is now a viable method of attacking. It helps this feel even more like Mario.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just want to point this out... jumping is now a viable method of attacking. It helps this feel even more like Mario.

Yes, although it seems that most creatures will be able to avoid your jumping unless they are unconscious.  It does do a fair amount of damage though, so it helps with finishing off durable enemies, especially if you're playing as one of the smaller races that has trouble dealing brain damage with more conventional attacks.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

Someone should roleplay Mario... or Luigi, he he he
._.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 20, 2014, 01:43:05 pm »

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Wow, I can play as Bowser?!  Downloading now!

One little bug: Koopas can't brew drinks.  I think they're lacking the brew reaction.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 21, 2014, 02:23:37 am »

One little bug: Koopas can't brew drinks.  I think they're lacking the brew reaction.

This wasn't the case before.  Ah, I guess brewing now works by reaction instead of being automatically added.
I haven't even tested fort mode for 2014.  I've been focused on adventure.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

There's multiple brew reactions now. It was always a reaction, just one that used material reaction products.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

There may also be a bug where the new plants can't be brewed, even if the brew reaction is enabled for the civilization.  Fortunately, Koopas aren't alcoholics, so they can just live on water and whatever meager booze they can purchase from caravans.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

There's multiple brew reactions now. It was always a reaction, just one that used material reaction products.
In 0.34.11 "brew drink" was a hardcoded reaction, so you did not have to add it. Only the mead brewing was in the raws.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Von Krieger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Download link does not work. Did DFFD explode with sheer amount of DF2014 download stuffs?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

Yeah, I can't brew either. luckily Toads aren't alcohol dependent, and I embarked by a river.

Edit: I've also noticed that Toads seem to have some bones that can be broken. My expedition leader was attacked by a cheep-cheep while drinking, then punched by a disgrunted mason (just recently pulled under and torn apart by the same cheep-cheep) and suffered a seriously bruised leg and a broken ankle. The leg cleared up fast, but the ankle remains broken after several seasons.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 01:46:07 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Update 0.43: The Road is Full of Dangers
« Reply #464 on: July 28, 2014, 04:29:19 pm »

Update!  This one is fairly minor, basically most monsters have discipline now so they won't run away immediately.  A few new creatures have been added as well, mainly from the latter-day RPGs.  Also, the missing brewing reactions have been added.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 61