Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 61

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 248753 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

Ah yeah, you're right.

I should probably make a release with all these little changes, it's just that I'd like 0.50 to be something special.  Like an updated shyguy dream exploration system, which I haven't gotten around to doing.  Or at least figuring out how to get the trading-items-in-crates system to work.  I can't figure out why it doesn't.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You could make a 0.49.1 so you could still save 0.50

Sir Shadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just starting using this mod and decided to go for the master race Koopa, and omg it's been pretty awesome :D Magikoopa 'teleportation' is sweet.

I had a couple questions though... I pastured the nibblers so they could mate/grow into piranha plants. How do I harvest the spawn? I had a good mix of male/female so I can only assume they mated? Also, the ones that are in range of each other began to eat one another once they became full piranha plants... any way to stop that other than hoping they don't decide to lane next to one another?  I guess I could make a ton of pastures evenly spread exactly where I wanted them, but that seems kinda excessive...

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile

Though I haven't played the mod yet, according to the readme, Piranha Plants will give birth once after maturing from the nipper stage. After that it's probably best to move them into defensive positions as soon as they've matured; apparently, from your observations, they consider each other as viable food sources. The fact that they eat each other stops you from piling them on/around your doorstep, I suppose.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile

This is my favorite DF mod, but I have not played in years after I thought you had abandoned it.  Good to see you have the time to work on this when you seem to be the only Gnome guy on the Masterwork DF team.  Not like I dig too deep for my fact checking though, heheh.  Here's hoping someone gets mounts to work so I can remake General Guy from Paper Mario.  Is Kevlard still in?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I thought general guys were in, in some way? Or maybe I forgot?

Anyway, AFAIK every race in Masterwork has one guy.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile

Though dwarves, kobolds, warlocks, humans, hermits, and I guess nagas now too, could be said to have 0.1666666 people working on them.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile

I do not want A general guy, I want THE general guy, when we can finally have mounts.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile

PTW.  Really enjoying this.  It'd be nice if Toads could get a Sawmill type building since they're very reliant on wood for building early on, but that's easy enough to add it.

EDIT: Magikoopas seem really, really common for some reason.  In my first migration wave of 8, I got 7 magikoopas.  It's nice that they can just zoom around, but it makes it tricky to keep koopa eggs from getting stockpiled unless I manually ban them from the stockpiles I set up.

EDIT2:  Pretty much all the minor races currently have pop caps of 50, which seems like a mistake when their per-site pop cap is 120.  It also means that in an entire world there might be 150 Frog People, since only three entities can be generated.  This results in the minor races dying out during Worldgen a loooot.  Also, Bob-ombs, Frog People, Hooskis, Mole People, and Yoshis (and maybe others) are consistently showing up as NO TRADE, despite having the tags for common domestic wagon pullers/pack animals.  Making Moo Moos pack animals fixed this for everyone but Yoshis which seems okay since Yoshis mostly exist as a civ to harass everyone but Toads anyway.  If you actually had wagons, Moo Moos can pull those, which also alleviates it, but of course they're not included in the mod raws since they exist in the vanilla raws.  So basically if you run RotMK by itself, a bunch of civs currently can't trade.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 01:41:48 pm by Thuellai »
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Copy paste error:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_PIPE_MARKET_MW]
[NAME:produce market warp pipe]
[BUILDING:PIPESHOP_MW:CUSTOM_P]
[REAGENT:azoth:150:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_1UP_MW:AZOTH][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:azoth container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][CONTAINS:azoth][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:wooden pipe:1:PIPE_SECTION:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_PLANT_MATERIAL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:PIPE_SECTION:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:MATERIALS_MW:WARP_LOCAL]
[SKILL:OPERATE_PUMP]
This produces a local pipe, not a market pipe.
Edit: Also, ALCHEMY_MAKE_AQUA_REGIA_MW makes AQUA_FORTIS_MW, and unlike the other reactions there isn't automatic.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 09:18:04 pm by Nahere »

Atomisk

• Bay Watcher
  • Majora
    • View Profile

I have come to report the most amazing bug, ever!

First note that I'm using stand-alone ROTMK, with a self-implimented DF-hack and dwarf therapist.

So this goomba civ pissed me off cause they wouldn't take my wonderful newly minted platinum coins the first i saw them. They left without selling me goods i desperately needed. So i imposed an embargo against them. But I always check their goods every year. For laffs. Anyway, this year they arrive but seem to be perpetually unloading their goods. So I checked the merchants, and sure enough, one of the goombas is not at the depot. He happens to be about 5 z-levels in the air, clinging to his pack puff which must have run away because of the wild puffs in the area. Now he's holding on for dear life in the air while the pack puff just stays there, since he's the one who's meant to be moving it, and he can't move any direction. This is great for a laugh though I assume next year they will come back complaining of the missing goomba. Which is fine, because I want to go to war with these goombas. Too silent a playthrough, no !!FUN!! yet. Just thought I should let you know about this.

http://imgur.com/a/njsye

Edit: Actually he's might higher in the air than 5 z-levels. Damn how is he even keeping up there.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 08:12:52 am by Atomisk »
Signatures are for people with things to show off. I'll show off something.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Update 0.5: Welcome to the Juice Bar!
« Reply #566 on: December 08, 2015, 05:12:20 pm »

ROTMK is back for DF42!

In addition to a basic update and bug fixes from the last version, here are some of the changes:

Alcohol is now alcoholic, but since not all mushroom worlders can hold their liquor, all playable civs now have the option of juicing instead.  Juice doesn't cause drunkenness, but you don't get the euphoria from drinking either, and it sells for less.  Make juice at the farmer's workshop.  You can also make tea from mushrooms or certain leaves.

Toads and koopas now use the vanilla reactions for making paper.  Toads need to make paper before they can post flyers in the market pipe, but writing a flyer is now a single job.  Shy Guys can't make paper or write.

Adventurers can buy drinks in taverns.  Every so often, you might find a power-up drink on the menu, which will be much more expensive than the regular fare.  If you're really lucky, you might even find a special frog drink, like a Kerokerocola or an Energizer.  Save these for tough battles!

Short-term syndromes - both positive and negative - are now synchronized between adventure mode and fort mode.  Getting mushroomized by an Amanita is no longer an automatic death sentence, for example; if you can survive for a few in-game seconds it will wear off.

Several new species are playable as adventurers.  All playable creatures have grasping body parts so they won't starve, but not all of them are intelligent.  Birdos and Ninjis are considered intelligent.  Monty Moles can speak, but cannot learn, so they don't count as sapient, although they have natural throwing and sneaking skill.  Wigglers are normally sapient but lose the ability to think and speak coherently when they rage.  Yoshis are now playable as adventurers, and depending on how your world generates, you might find some surprises in your adventurer selection list.

Vengeful gods may now turn you into a whole number of things.  Goombas now have a new "perk" in that they are immune to most shapeshifting spells and gods will not hit them with transformations.  That does give them a slight advantage when confronting wizards.  The downside is, of course, that they are still Goombas.

Toad and Pianta towns often are filled with Yoshis, thanks to the horseplosion bug.

I haven't actually tested fort mode yet, but I understand that intelligent pets will now perform labors.  Koopas can finally enlist their underlings into the military!

Oh, right.  You can play as a Dark Knight of Vanda outsider if you feel like cheating.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 09, 2015, 03:33:58 am »

Excellent. Time to build a toad tavern and make a pilgrimage there as a bard.
A few things I noticed in the last version that may or may not be fixed yet (or might be not bugs):
The martial arts quicksilver ability calls BOOST_DEFENSE_MW instead.
I couldn't learn firebrand from a slab, and noticed that [CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0] occurs twice in a row under the display name tag.
The teleport ability granted by the magic secret dropped my speed to minimum, possibly because the strength penalty caused to much encumbrance (which only just now occurred to me).
The stat boost and penalties for [INTERACTION:PHOTOSYNTHESIS2_MW] appear to have the same moon phases, barring the first day or so.
Shyguys, amongst other creatures, use simplified body plans which mean I can't snap their wrists.
Sorry for not reporting these sooner.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 09, 2015, 10:12:41 pm »

The game is updated. The mod is updated. I've got the battle music from Super Mario RPG in my head. Let's do this.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 11, 2015, 05:10:28 am »

Excellent. Time to build a toad tavern and make a pilgrimage there as a bard.
A few things I noticed in the last version that may or may not be fixed yet (or might be not bugs):
The martial arts quicksilver ability calls BOOST_DEFENSE_MW instead.
I couldn't learn firebrand from a slab, and noticed that [CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0] occurs twice in a row under the display name tag.
The teleport ability granted by the magic secret dropped my speed to minimum, possibly because the strength penalty caused to much encumbrance (which only just now occurred to me).
The stat boost and penalties for [INTERACTION:PHOTOSYNTHESIS2_MW] appear to have the same moon phases, barring the first day or so.
Shyguys, amongst other creatures, use simplified body plans which mean I can't snap their wrists.
Sorry for not reporting these sooner.

Thanks, I'll fix those.  (Many of them are no longer applicable though)

I don't suppose anybody would happen to know why like half of the races are listed as NO_TRADE?  They have COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL and COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK, what else is necessary?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 61