Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 61

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 250898 times)

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile

So, I was having a sudden rash of berserk yoshis and couldn't figure out why - they'd freak out and start killing people, and have to be put down and entombed.  It was pretty annoying.

Then I noticed I had a Shyguy poet visiting, and both him and my Yoshis were spending a lot of time in the tavern...

Once I killed the Shyguy (sorry, pal) the Yoshis calmed down

EDIT:
Or maybe not.  Also, found another bug - the Grand Star reaction doesn't work, because it's PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_STAR_GRAND_ROTMK:STARMETAL_ROTMK.  It's missing INORGANIC between the ITEM_TOOL listing and the material listing.  Same goes for any Grand Star reaction that returns Grand Stars.  And some of the Grand Star reactions have numbers that are off in terms of returning enough stars+grand stars for their cost.

And Toad Houses are buildable, but they don't...  do anything.  There are no reactions that use the toad house.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 10:12:30 am by Thuellai »
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

Heh, I guess I should probably remove the Yoshi rebelling against Shyguy mechanism.  It was intended to make Shyguys have a hard time keeping pet Yoshis but with the more open-ended world it will probably cause more problems than it solves.

The other issues I'll fix up.  Although, most of the fort-mode Power Star reactions, as well as most Koopa magic, probably don't work anymore anyway - they rely on interactions, which sapient creatures no longer use except when in combat.  I suppose I'll need to figure out something else for Toads to do with their Stars.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

The other issues I'll fix up.  Although, most of the fort-mode Power Star reactions, as well as most Koopa magic, probably don't work anymore anyway - they rely on interactions, which sapient creatures no longer use except when in combat.  I suppose I'll need to figure out something else for Toads to do with their Stars.
I've been doing some testing and noticed something about this: namely, that it's not just combat. Being in the active military also lets them spam interactions at will. I really hope this is a bug and not intended behaviour.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been doing some testing and noticed something about this: namely, that it's not just combat. Being in the active military also lets them spam interactions at will. I really hope this is a bug and not intended behaviour.

The interaction system isn't really as moddable as it ought to be; it's only really reliable for doing the handful of things it does in vanilla and variations on those.  Hopefully it gets more fleshed out once Toady starts working on a larger magic system.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Toady's said a few times (not sure if it's been publicly? I seem to remember an FOTF reply) that the magic system is basically replacing interactions entirely, most likely in a way incompatible with current ones.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Toady's said a few times (not sure if it's been publicly? I seem to remember an FOTF reply) that the magic system is basically replacing interactions entirely, most likely in a way incompatible with current ones.
Well, guess we can all look forward to the riveting task that'll be remaking everything. Though I'll do it gladly if it means more options rather than just syndromes, transformations and material emissions.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Transformations counts under syndromes, heh.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you want, I can fire the patched reaction raw at you to save you some work.

Sucks that interactions have been changed in a way that makes them work less - at least the item-generating tricks still work.  My fort value is hilariously bloated thanks to building two Star Beacons and rapid-fire cycling 'leave craft before the stars' - Having legendary Clerics sprinkle stardust over cheap crafts is incredible.  I've also got gooper blooper soap!

If I ever get up to seven grand stars, maybe I'll start mass producing Star Rods.

Oh, also!  Sometimes Noki show up with stuff made out of request materials, like a '50 meat [instrument]'

Not exactly a game breaking bug, but weird.

EDIT:
Did some adventure mode testing, everything seems to be mostly working.  Shyguys don't have Panic! though?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 04:45:27 am by Thuellai »
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

~LegacyCWAL

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I hope that whatever the interaction system is replaced with, it is as flexible and moddable as the interaction system used to be.  Ought to be.

If you've got a patched up reaction raw, that would be nice.  I've pretty much only got time for the occasional adventure mode test lately, and infrequently at that.

Nokis have abstract creature materials?  That's odd.  Doesn't seem possible... Maybe it's a quirk of them bringing other nonexistent materials like pearls and coral?  Or maybe a side effect of the messed up method I used to make them bring calcium carbonate armor and weapons?

Lots of things on the front page are very outdated, the Shyguy panic ability for example was replaced by their unique gait physics that makes it easy for them to run away.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've noticed.  I'd kill for some updated documentation, but like you said, you're pretty busy.  I'll see if I can't remember which files I altered and upload them or pastebin 'em for you, just to help out.  I know the alchemy reaction set was one of them, so here's that.  And all the toad cooking 'plants' with adjusted values in the second link.

http://pastebin.com/bgy1fnm5
http://pastebin.com/vgzAHBA2

That should fix most of the bugs I've found so far, aside from the stuff I don't know how to fix like interaction raws or the noki thing.

Secondary question:  Is it intentional that none of the playable races have STRANGE_MOOD? As it stands, artifacts will never be created by any of the playable races.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:12:33 am by Thuellai »

~LegacyCWAL

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

I seriously doubt he's going to completely replace interactions with magic. after all, what would be done with cats and squids? granted, he might change the interaction system to a different one, but he's probably not replacing it with magic, because magic isn't going to be squids squirting ink and cats head-bumping each other(at least I certainly hope so).
quote from the new development page:Broad expansion of interaction system to support generated magic
NOTE: if there's going to be a discussion about this, let's make a new thread, okay?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 10:18:30 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have updated both the TWBT and non-TWBT versions of the tileset.

The TWBT version now supports version 0.5.3, as well as fixing issues where bins and saplings were displaying as black squares.
The non-TWBT version fixes the sapling issue; the bin issue was specific to the TWBT version.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rydel: Saplings (and wheatgrass which apparently shares that tile) are now fixed, thanks!

Indigo:  Your kitchen reactions are really, REALLY bad about losing track of items inside barrels.  I can hardly blame you for that though, since barrels/bins get buggy in vanilla sometimes.

EDIT:  Indigo, on the subject of things being outdated - do koopas still go through underground adaptation?  I see that goombas still have an evolution syndrome tied to their CAVEADAPT, but it doesn't look like koopas do?

EDIT 2: On the subject of vanilla bugs recurring, it looks like bone stacks are fixed, but yarn stacks aren't - a butchered Lakitu cloud will produce a big ol' stack of yarn that will end up converted into a single bolt of cloth.  Not on you, just amusing.  I guess you could try and fix them so that they produce fluff instead of yarn when butchered?  It'll add spinning to the processing but produce individual yarn threads as a workaround.

EDIT AGAIN:  Rydel, K-9 pups have no tile.  They're just showing up as black squares.  K-9 adults work fine.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 02:40:24 pm by Thuellai »

~LegacyCWAL

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just had an amusing/terrifying thing happen.  I have confirmed the existence of the Machine Made in my latest world...  because one visited as a scholar.

Unfortunately he was still hostile to everything, so my chomps murdered him at the gate, although they got pretty beat up in the process.

~LegacyCWAL

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The issue with invisible children (which also would have affected a few other creatures) should be fixed now.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 61