Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 61

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 249234 times)

EonDragon20

• Escaped Lunatic
  • "Lost time is never found again."
    • View Profile

So, I'm not sure if this is a common problem, or if this solution is common knowledge, but here goes.

I'm a regular user of LegendsViewer and LegendsBrowser, and for the longest time I've been almost completely unable to get them to work properly with RotMK. But today, I finally found out why (and really, had I paid more attention to the error messages I would have solved this sooner).

It seems that a lot of the unicode characters that the Shyguy language uses are considered invalid. Even when I view the language file in Notepad++, I see a lot of black unicodes, rather than actual characters. This includes things like the double exclamation marks, and the musical notes, as well as a few others. These characters caused LegendsViewer to think the XML file was corrupted, and the LegendsBrowser would just keep saying "invalid unicode character 0x1". By replacing all of those strange unicode characters in the language file, I've managed to get it to work. This DOES remove the neat little characters, like the hearts, musical notes, and such from the game, but it also lets me use LegendsViewer, which I practically need to play DF.

If there's some other solution I could have done to make LegendsViewer work and STILL have the characters, feel free to let me know. But for now, thought I'd put this here in case anyone else who has the problem I had comes across it. :)
"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted."
~John Lennon

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've released a version of the tileset for TWBT Next at http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12791

This new version will let the original background show from behind items instead of them having a pre-rendered background

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile

I've decided to play as the Toads.

I find some new workshops that I am not sure of their purpose.

What do the Toad House, Requests Office, and Vim Extractor do?

Okay, I understand the Vim Extractor, but WHY?

If I remember right, vim is toad blood. Why would we need to extract it?

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Requests Office lets you create requests you can fill at the Warp Pipe to Market for rewards.  The process is outlined here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=110704.msg4615177;topicseen#msg4615177

Vim is used to convert plain-old pipes into Warp Pipes at the Pipe Factory

Toad Houses let you package up power ups, I guess to stop your Toads from eating them when they shouldn't.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

Toad houses have reactions?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just can't get the special tile set working... I installed everything on a vanilla DF folder - no PeridexisErrant Starter Pack - used the latest versions of everything, and I'm still getting the same error someone did earlier - the one where the game crashes right at "Finalizing body detail plans". The error log is too long to post, but I'm getting the same "raw/objects/plant_mw_powerup.txt" problem the first guy got, but you said that was a problem involving mis-matched graphics packs and mod versions, and I got the latest versions of each..

Any ideas? I've done everything I can think of, and I'm pretty confused.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It looks like the version or the TWBT graphic set in the main post included some outdated files.  Try redownloading it now.

Also, if you are using TWBTNext, you'll want to use the tileset here instead: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12791
It takes advantage of the new TWBTNext features.  It isn't linked in the main post, but when mifki merges these features in to the main TWBT, I'll merge the tilesets as well.

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The thing of it is, I was using the Next tileset... The one you linked to a few posts ago. If this one is the exact same one, I doubt it'll help...

Kinlok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had the same freezing problem. What I had to do was get rid of Rydel's mw files since rotmk download uses _rotmk instead of _mw with certain raw txt files.

The files being:

building_mw,
creature_mw_ocean,
plant_mw_powerup,
plant_mw_standard,
and mw_standard

Rydel's graphics already has rotmk files for those five in there. Having both sets of files caused that freeze. Well, at least I think that was it. Once I did that, it stopped freezing on the body detail and worked. I'm not sure if doing that broke anything else but it works for me in the hours I played it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 12:53:14 am by Kinlok »

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That seems to be working! If I hit any problems with this set-up, I'll be sure to post about them, but until then, thanks Kinlok!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 04:48:07 pm by CaptainGame »

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile

When running RotMK, the game crashes for me the second time per session it runs the "Processing raw data... Loading object files... Initializing..." stage (so, for instance, if I generate a new world, attempting to start a new game in that world will make DF crash unless I close and reopen it first); this seems to be delayed to the third time per session if I delete all vanilla DF creature, entity, and plant files first. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you downloaded the graphics pack more than about a week ago, go to the raw/object folder and delete any files that use _mw instead of _rotmk in their title.  They are duplicated from an older version that I accidentally left in.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Update 0.5.4: Just some fixes (and fixed links)
« Reply #702 on: September 20, 2017, 04:54:47 pm »

Are you going to add new creatures to the game, considering there are new games since you last did so?
And will you utilize the next releases additions on pets?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Update 0.5.4: Just some fixes (and fixed links)
« Reply #703 on: September 24, 2017, 04:42:24 am »

I don't expect to be making any updates until the next DF update.  After that, possibly.  I haven't cracked DF in ages, being mostly focused on my own projects with occasional breaks in modding, but traveling armies seems like a game changer.  What updates to pets?

Hey, maybe I should make a Plague Inc mod as a prequel to this...

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 24, 2017, 01:13:40 pm »

What updates to pets?

Quote from: Toady, 6/15/17
Things are still a little rough and square-ish in parts, but we're calling it for kobold caves. The new entity animal framework is set up, though I've only used it for kobolds. It's pretty basic -- you can compel an entity to use creatures that either belong to a list of classes (classes can also be excluded), or by their token, and you can set them to either use matching animals from the environment or to get a free environment-independent starting population as with the current domestic creatures. You can optionally override the mount/wagon puller/etc. roles defined in the creature definition, setting them to always or never be used for those roles. Kobolds use their new entity animal definition to keep as pets any creatures in the surrounding environment that are in the new poisonous class which do not have the new mammal class. In my test cave, this led to a scary pit room filled with giant cave spiders and rattlesnakes.

Basically, you can easily restrict pets to certain civs now and/or compel a civ to only use specific animals.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 61