Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 61

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 249108 times)

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Update 0.5.5: Let's do the Odyssey!
« Reply #750 on: September 29, 2018, 07:54:41 pm »

So I just can't get my Yoshis to stop being depressed... mostly because they keep demanding clothing despite being unable to wear anything I produce. Any solutions?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #751 on: September 30, 2018, 04:19:29 am »

I haven't played fort mode in ages. Is there some way of making species-specific clothes?

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #752 on: September 30, 2018, 10:00:19 am »

What are your thoughts on the super crown? Not the whole Bowsette thing but just the fact that there’s a powerup that somehow turns a toad into a Peach-like being.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 01, 2018, 12:51:31 pm »

It fits surprisingly well with my "Toads are humans mutated by a plague" theory.  I guess the crown just "cures" them.

I don't think I'll put it into this mod though.  At least not until magic equipment is a thing.

SirQuinnalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 03, 2018, 07:24:40 pm »

Have you considered adding, https://www.ssbwiki.com/Petey_Piranha to the mod?
Maybe as a semi-megabeast or a megabeast?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 04, 2018, 04:32:39 pm »

Have you considered adding, https://www.ssbwiki.com/Petey_Piranha to the mod?
Maybe as a semi-megabeast or a megabeast?

They are already in, they are just called Boss Piranhas.

SirQuinnalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: October 08, 2018, 01:23:11 pm »

10/10 the Mod isn't working on Legend Viewer.
But also if I could get a Chompsette my life would be complete.
I don't care if she's a megabeast or able to just be semimegabeast, or like a vampire and take over towns etc.
A chompsette for the win. 

malistaticy

• Bay Watcher
  • WAH
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 10, 2018, 12:58:46 am »

10/10 the Mod isn't working on Legend Viewer.
But also if I could get a Chompsette my life would be complete.
I don't care if she's a megabeast or able to just be semimegabeast, or like a vampire and take over towns etc.
A chompsette for the win.

yeah its an unfortunate fact about how legendsviewer treats special characters, particularly the ones in the shy guy language
use notepad or notepad++ and use the replace all the special characters like ☺ with nothing to either your shy guy language file, or to your exported legends file
"Honestly, I have no idea how that got there"

SirQuinnalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 10, 2018, 05:04:01 pm »

Best Adventurers:

1: Quinn Actcrew the Blade: A human born nothing more than a simple man, wanting to take up the life of venture he set fourth with his maul and shield. Coming upon a temple in the name of a god not his, he toppled the holy alters that littered it. Being cursed with "shocking" abilities along with frost webs. However the curse he would be famous for is becoming a human colossus, with this "curses" bound to him he left the temple and set forth in real adventure. Finding a bandit camp he single handily paralyzed each one and proceeded to smash their hands in, from this camp he found another. A single nercomancer resided within it, same as the others. He too was numbed by Quinn's shock power and smashed his head in, taking his slab and reading it for the knowledge. He moved back into town and retired.

2: Poorguy (Insert random Shyguy text) Born a peasant and lived as one, until one day he wanted to find a higher calling. Leaving his freshly settled fortress brothers, he moved into a toad town. Anger by their wealth and riches, he destroyed their temple. Gaining the curse of metalskin, testing out his new body he jumped from a three story building. When unarmed he begun to slaughter the toads, after which. He began to randomly wander the lands encountering groups of feral beast, with his axe and shield in hand he quickly began a legendary fighter and even killed a Piranha boss by mistake with a pickaxe. However like how all good things come to an end, he died at the hands of a shadow. After surviving fighting several other shadows and night creatures. He died a slayer.   

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile

When running RotMK, the game crashes for me the second time per session it runs the "Processing raw data... Loading object files... Initializing..." stage (so, for instance, if I generate a new world, attempting to start a new game in that world will make DF crash unless I close and reopen it first); this seems to be delayed to the third time per session if I delete all vanilla DF creature, entity, and plant files first. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Sometime in the months since I posted this, I reformatted my computer, and today I decided to see if I could get RotMK to run on a fresh system. No luck; same as before, even on just a plain 0.43.05 Windows SDL download without anything else (not even tilesets, color schemes, or the like).

If you downloaded the graphics pack more than about a week ago, go to the raw/object folder and delete any files that use _mw instead of _rotmk in their title.  They are duplicated from an older version that I accidentally left in.

Sorry for not responding to this at the time; I was unsure whether you were replying to me or someone else, though looking back on it nobody else really makes sense. In any case, I wasn't using any graphics pack when the crash first started happening (nor am I now that I'm trying it again), so that can't be the cause here.

Has anyone else experienced this, with this or any other mods? It just seems strange for this to happen with a non-utility-based mod.

Update: I just decided to try the mod again, and although I had the same problem, I thought to google 'fault module stackhash' without specifiyng the _532e (with which I had tried previously, and was just led to nothing but my own post here), and was led to this Microsoft help page. Attempting to edit the DEP settings to exclude Dwarf Fortress.exe gave me an error message saying "You cannot set DEP attributes on 64-bit executables.", so I went and downloaded a 32-bit copy of DF and installed RotMK over that. To my surprise, when I went in for a test run before even editing the DEP settings, it worked without problem!

TL;DR: If RotMK causes crashes on Windows 7 64-bit, try 32-bit DF instead.

malistaticy

• Bay Watcher
  • WAH
    • View Profile

TL;DR: If RotMK causes crashes on Windows 7 64-bit, try 32-bit DF instead.

neat, ill have to try this later, bummer that it doesnt work with 64x
"Honestly, I have no idea how that got there"

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 18, 2018, 09:47:57 am »

Anyone have any guesses about what could be causing these particular kinds of crashes?  I've never heard of anything in DF quite like that before.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 30, 2018, 08:18:30 pm »

Question: How many races are in this mod anyway?

Plump Helmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 16, 2019, 03:26:59 am »

Who else is excited for the Steam release?

I've been following this project for a while--this is just the first post I've made in the thread. I'd be more than happy to provide graphical assets for the Steam DF if it ever gets ported over there.

SirQuinnalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 14, 2019, 12:00:01 pm »

I discovered this mod had the best weapon in the game. Combat Umbrellas. I had a shyguy use one until he died. Almost killed a dragon using one.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 61