Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 61

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 249222 times)

Terry Lennox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Update 0.5.5: Let's do the Odyssey!
« Reply #765 on: April 25, 2019, 08:44:25 pm »

Anyone have any guesses about what could be causing these particular kinds of crashes?  I've never heard of anything in DF quite like that before.

Wish I could tell you, the game was running perfectly last night.  Today I attempted to load the game and bam!  Crash.  The only thing I didn't know if I had to do is remove the original raws from the game...because I left them in. I am running it with the Lazy newb pack r-5. 

SirQuinnalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 25, 2019, 09:30:29 pm »

Some quick things I noticed.
When making a world at year 5, just about all lairs were empty for some reason.
When attempting to embark a civ in an evil biome crashes.
After settling away from parent home-land, after several years with just about 30-40 something shyguys. Not a single creature had attacked or showed up.

After making a couple of random throwaway worlds, also have to mention that in adventure mode. When trying to play a drybones from a dark fortress crashed.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #767 on: May 05, 2019, 04:36:38 am »

I'd like to show you this tumblr blog ("Weird Mario Enemies", it covers various creatures found in the Mario franchises), if you haven't seen it already. For the sake of inspiration, of course.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 08, 2019, 07:06:07 am »

I love the idea of this mod. It reminds me of playing Super Mario RPG back in the day. Have you considered adding mole people to the playable races? They could act similiar to dwarves. Possibly dig without picks?

Hexatona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 12, 2019, 02:49:01 pm »

Is it weird to just... remove default entities from this mod?  Like, I feel like humans, elves, dwarves, and goblins are just weird in this world.  Would removing that file cause any problems, you think?

...Or, wait - am I supposed to copy these files over vanilla DF, or delete these folders and copy the new ones over?  I'm never quite sure...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 03:09:46 pm by Hexatona »

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 12, 2019, 03:42:45 pm »

Is it weird to just... remove default entities from this mod?  Like, I feel like humans, elves, dwarves, and goblins are just weird in this world.  Would removing that file cause any problems, you think?

...Or, wait - am I supposed to copy these files over vanilla DF, or delete these folders and copy the new ones over?  I'm never quite sure...

delete vanilla and use these

SirQuinnalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 22, 2019, 10:03:21 pm »

So Koopa eggs.
Yeah that's not working.
have like 20 infertile eggs.

SirQuinnalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 26, 2019, 07:01:58 pm »

Not sure what it is causing it. Though in adventure mode I suffer from constant crashes when trying to enter certain regions.
Carving out a junk of the map I can't even explore.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 17, 2019, 01:26:50 pm »

Can i contribute to this mod? Like if i design weapons to replace the standard sword, cross bow, and such with... star wands, bullet bill launchers, chain chomps and so on.

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 17, 2019, 10:33:53 pm »

A youtuber named Krugsmash made a cool video about this mod

JasperTheUpset

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 18, 2019, 12:47:30 am »

ive been trying to mod this into my game for ages but I cant seem to. i have the right versions, ive combined the raw and data of vanilla and the mod, i tried replacing it, nothing works.

could anyone share how they installed it?

JasperTheUpset

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 18, 2019, 12:48:29 am »

ive been trying to mod this into my game for ages but I cant seem to. i have the right versions, ive combined the raw and data of vanilla and the mod, i tried replacing it, nothing works.

could anyone share how they installed it?

... nvm i just found it i cant read

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #777 on: October 18, 2019, 10:50:47 am »

A youtuber named Kruggsmash made a cool video about this mod
How delightful to see a modded Kruggsmash video, I don't think he has done one before. And with a link here, to boot! Krugg really has done a lot for the spreading of this community, and I'm glad to see that extending even to this subforum.

Any ways, if you've been led here by that link, or otherwise is new here, welcome to the modding community! This specific thread is for one of the finest mods, but there are many others. Look to the Community Mods and utilities list for >70 mods +many utilities, or browse the Mod Releases board for the full plethora of mods, big and small.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 19, 2019, 06:08:49 am »

Yeah, people mention videos, but they don't link back, as I assumed was the custom. Anyway, problem solved!

njolma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 20, 2019, 11:18:09 pm »

Ok a few items. 1. Yes krug showed me this mod 2. I love your mod more than vanilla. 3. Has anyone done a write up with info dumps for new players? Like what's a road house do? Etc? 4. Amazing job I want you to have my babies they are in the car its unlocked take them
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 61