Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 61

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 249241 times)

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Update 0.5.5: Let's do the Odyssey!
« Reply #795 on: November 02, 2019, 04:15:36 pm »

Your numbers seem a little off there. Everywhere else in the game it's 100 coins or 5 star pieces to a power star, not 500 of either.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 02, 2019, 06:20:09 pm »

Your numbers seem a little off there. Everywhere else in the game it's 100 coins or 5 star pieces to a power star, not 500 of either.

Thanks. You're right. It looks like a Shining Gold Bar is 500 Coins though, so maybe 1 bar of Shining Gold can make 5 Power Stars? From the wiki: "to the true Shining Gold, the sacred metal from which stars are made. 500 Shining Coins can produce a single bar of Shining Gold."

So maybe this?

> 1 Power Star -> 5 Star Pieces
> 1 Star Piece -> 20 Shining Gold Coins
> 25 Star Pieces -> 1 Shining Gold Bar
> 500 Shining Gold Coins -> 1 Shining Gold Bar
> 1 Shining Gold Bar -> 5 Power Stars

Do you have any suggestions for some Star Items by the way? I am thinking of making really powerful/valuable items that still feel like mario items (maybe some cool legendary items from the games). So, maybe an All-Star Bat, Star Suit, Golden Gloves, Shining Gold Frying Pan, Sonic Symbols etc.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 06:37:55 pm by brolol.404 »

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 02, 2019, 09:10:07 pm »

Maybe instead of melting shining gold into bars you could have it so power stars can be used to upgrade items into star items? I'm not hugely familiar with Mario lore but your ideas for star items sound good.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 02, 2019, 10:28:07 pm »

Maybe instead of melting shining gold into bars you could have it so power stars can be used to upgrade items into star items?

That's a good idea. I added the gold bars so if you reclaim a koopa site you have use for them, but what I can do is have the Star Anvil require a gold bar, but after that Star Items only cost 1 power star. That way the barrier to entry is a little higher and you can only forge stars/star items at a star forge:

At the Star Forge:
1 shining gold bar > 5 power stars
5 star pieces > 1 power star
100 shining gold coins > 1 power star

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 03, 2019, 08:56:23 am »

Well, I got the green light to make an unofficial addon to this mod. So, after much anticipation, I have decided to start work on an addon that adds the mole people from super mario rpg as a playable race: ROTMK - Unofficial Addon (Mole People)

The mole people are a friendly subterranean race that are known for their hard work and productivity. They are exceptional miners with incredible abilities in stone, gem and metal industries. Making vast and expansive tunnels underground, the mole people form small surface settlements with elected leaders for trade. Their small village structures are connected by their vast underground labyrinths and navigated by mine carts.

As a subterranean race, mole people do not have access to axes, wood, outdoor plants or domestic creatures. The mole people gameplay revolves around vast tunnels and an expansive fortress in the underground. They thrive when they are safe and productive and expect to be constantly mining out gems and ore and transporting their treasures along expansive mine cart rail systems for trade with other settlements.

Mole people are able to hold their own in combat with a strong and sturdy body composition and sharp claws, but do not enjoy fighting and each settlement can only form one small squad of sentries. They have limited access to weapons and no access to armor until late game when they can forge items from Star Metal.

The mole people are master smiths with hidden knowledge of the earth's metals and gems. They are able to unlock powerful energy from the earth's minerals and use them to forge items of immense power. Using technology from the Toads, the mole people are able to build Warp Tunnels to transport fireworks to the Toad civilizations and their allies in exchange for Star Pieces. The mole people are then able to smelt those Star Pieces into a Star Anvil and at the depths of the earth are able to forge the stars themselves!

Pros:
> Exceptional miners with access to picks, hand picks, drill claws, mine carts, stone, gems and metals.
> Extravision, vibration sense and natural claws that are nearly as effective in combat as short swords.
> Lots of allies to trade with.
> Ability to forge items from Star Metal.
> Elected nobles: no mandates or demands and minor room requirements.

Cons:
> No access to axes, wood or outdoor plants (must be obtained through trade).
> Limited access to weapons (baseball bats, hammers, throwing hammers, wrenches, throwing wrenches, heavy frying pans, claws, mallets, battle picks, picks, hand picks, drill claws and cannons) and no access to armor until late game when they can forge items from Star Metal.
> No access to domestic animals (animals must be captured and trained).
> Can only have one small military squad.

Overall focus in Fortress Mode: mining, trade, underground tunnel building and production of stone, metals, gems and mine carts.
Adventure Mode: They have extravision, creature sense and natural claws that are nearly as effective in combat as short swords.

Spoiler: New Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Star Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Plants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Buildings: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Alchemical Items: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Starter Guide (click to show/hide)

I appreciate any feedback, concerns or recommendations.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 06:17:55 pm by brolol.404 »

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: November 03, 2019, 08:58:30 am »

I moved the post above as a list error seemed to destroy the old post. Besides adding a few more Star Items, I am done with everything for release. I just need to do some testing first.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: November 07, 2019, 09:40:10 am »

I only have one more reaction to fix before v1.0 of the moles should be ready to release. I am however thinking about adding Croco from Super Mario RPG (boss in moleville) as a very fast item thief megabeast. Thoughts?

https://www.mariowiki.com/Croco

EDIT: I could add crooks as item thieves to the first cavern layer as well:

https://www.mariowiki.com/Crook
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 12:29:22 pm by brolol.404 »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #803 on: November 25, 2019, 08:49:39 am »

That's a pretty elaborate add-on, well done.

As for Croco and the Crooks, I considered Croco to be a rogue Kremling, and the Crooks could be any one of a number of small intelligent species that happen to be bandits, so I didn't think they needed their own species.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: November 25, 2019, 10:13:58 pm »

That's a pretty elaborate add-on, well done.

As for Croco and the Crooks, I considered Croco to be a rogue Kremling, and the Crooks could be any one of a number of small intelligent species that happen to be bandits, so I didn't think they needed their own species.

I tried to make it fit seamlessly into the mod.

And that makes sense.

Dante041

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 26, 2019, 10:30:55 pm »

Hi I'm new to the modding scene and relatively rusty to dwarf fortress but wanted to get back into the swing of things with this particular mod since I've always loved the super mario universe and dwarf fortress. However my knowledge of the super mario universe and dwarf fortress seem to be clashing considerably (especially with items in the embark! List as I don't know what any of it is or if its good or not *Like the poison mushroom spawner, is that like a trap? Or some kind of redundant thing that kills your toads or what exactly?* So I was wondering if there was some kind of wiki or something to help me familiarize myself with Rise of the mushroom kingdom or is this more of a learn through trial and error kind of deal?

Thanks in advanced for your answers or advice. ;)

Kinlok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: November 27, 2019, 01:18:04 am »

Hi I'm new to the modding scene and relatively rusty to dwarf fortress but wanted to get back into the swing of things with this particular mod since I've always loved the super mario universe and dwarf fortress. However my knowledge of the super mario universe and dwarf fortress seem to be clashing considerably (especially with items in the embark! List as I don't know what any of it is or if its good or not *Like the poison mushroom spawner, is that like a trap? Or some kind of redundant thing that kills your toads or what exactly?* So I was wondering if there was some kind of wiki or something to help me familiarize myself with Rise of the mushroom kingdom or is this more of a learn through trial and error kind of deal?

Thanks in advanced for your answers or advice. ;)

Sorry, but there is no wiki for this mod. The only things you can do is trial and error, read through this topic, read the opening posts thoroughly, and the document that comes with the download that explains some things. As for your question, I assume you mean spawn and not spawner? It is a seed you can plant to grow a poison mushroom, which can be eaten or cooked although looking at the raw file and what it does, not sure why someone would cook or eat it. Put it into a container to trade it maybe?

Dante041

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 27, 2019, 02:13:48 am »

Ah that's a real bummer to hear, but alright, thanks for taking the time out to respond to my questions. Oh I almost forgot, is there a way to choose the race you want to play or is it just RNG each time? Oh wait they're food? Huh I thought it was a spawner ala minecraft and just spat out poison mushrooms that would kill anyone dumb enough to come near them. Hmmm i wonder if I can still use these as a kind of trap of some sort, thanks anyways I'll just have to make a notebook of my experiences and go from there then. :)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #808 on: November 27, 2019, 05:17:57 am »

Poison mushrooms are pretty useless, yeah.

You can select different races by switching between civilizations on the selection screen.  However, if you're new to DF, I'd suggest trying out Adventure Mode instead. This mod adds a lot of fun Adventure mode features, and fort mode is more complicated than basic Dwarf Fortress fort mode so you'll probably get confused if you aren't already familiar with the base game.

Dante041

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 27, 2019, 01:59:20 pm »

I'm not new to DF just this mod, hence my above statements as my knowledge of DF and super mario world are conflicting as I'm trying to view them in one game or the other and just don't know what would be good for my toads/yoshi's. My other above statement was made out of a glance of ignorance  (I was totally checking out the fighting yoshi's in the embark trade list with great envy) An was trying to think of things I could give back to get enough points to get me a breeding pair so I was glancing through my list of items and mistook poison mushroom spawn, as poison mushroom spawner and thought they where some kind of new trap/defense for my toads.Especially after reading the document/wiki about how toads are super weak/frail in a fight I thought there'd be new traps and the like or something, wait now that I think about it does that mean fire flowers and power mushrooms actually work like they do in Mario world? On to your other answer, there's new adventure mode features eh? I haven't been on an adventure since that terrible dragon business and I would like to see mountains again....
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 06:00:30 pm by Dante041 »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 61