Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 61

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 249197 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet
« Reply #840 on: February 07, 2020, 12:00:44 pm »

That interaction looks really interesting. We could finally have medusas that actually work.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: February 07, 2020, 12:18:39 pm »

That interaction looks really interesting. We could finally have medusas that actually work.
I don't think creating a column of obsidian is very medusa-like , but okay.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

sampeng1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: February 28, 2020, 09:08:25 pm »

I installed this mod some time ago. After looking through legends mode I noticed that there are Forgotten Beasts still being spawned (Toad caravans (and other races) also refer to capital as a Mountainhome). Is this intended or did I install the mod incorrectly?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: February 29, 2020, 02:03:49 pm »

Did you use a custom world gen? Because I did not look into it, but if the mod is intended to REPLACE forgotten beasts, then it does it via a custom world gen, so you cannot have it in a standard worldgen parameter.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

sxtxixtxcxh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 10, 2020, 08:17:25 pm »

since it's MAR10... i've decided to upload my Super Mario World world gen I made a couple years ago... and thought it might be of some interest to y'all: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14921

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #845 on: March 12, 2020, 12:12:51 pm »

So for those wondering what's going on with this mod...

I've been experimenting with the new potential opened up by experiments and spawning reactions (Lakitu's Cloud gonna become a much more fun mount, heh heh) but one major thing that I think needs to be overhauled are the entities.  There are way too many of them, and one issue that I didn't realize was that in default worlds with no advanced parameters, sometimes civs just won't spawn, which can include the playable civs.

One way I'm trying to correct this is to make several of the civs into "archetypes" instead, with many of these archetypes having variable values (similar to vanilla humans) and make the race for each civ randomly selected from a list.  The more iconic civs, or those particularly important for gameplay, will remain as constants, but the one-off races like Doogans, Mole Folk, etc. will not appear in every world, and when they do appear they will have a more flexible set of potential values and roles.  It's also possible that some races might be consolidated, for instance Bonneters might be "dapper" Boos.  Also it occurred to me that Volbonans (literally just living forks) fit in well with the Machine Made archetype of "living weapons"...could they be peaceful Machine Mades?

since it's MAR10... i've decided to upload my Super Mario World world gen I made a couple years ago... and thought it might be of some interest to y'all: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14921

Looks neat, how do you make those?

sxtxixtxcxh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 12, 2020, 02:43:10 pm »

Looks neat, how do you make those?

i made a basic Super Mario World height elevation height map in photoshop, converted it to a DF world gen height map with: https://angrylawyer.github.io/DwarfHeightmap-coffeescript/ (but probably could have used a Perfect World or something), exported the other maps from legends mode, and tweaked them in photoshop to make them generate biomes closer to the SMW map and converted them to the DF world gen format again. for rendering it, i used http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73095.0

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 12, 2020, 04:11:56 pm »

side-by-side comparison:

SirQuinnalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 13, 2020, 09:10:10 pm »

Can't wait to see how the mounts in this mod will work. I can have an entire army of shyguys ride clouds to avoid melee combat and pelt their enemies with range attacks to block out the sun :D

malistaticy

• Bay Watcher
  • WAH
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 19, 2020, 05:06:40 am »

hoping to see an update to my #1 favorite mod soon  ;) i like the idea of making the odyssey races more consolidated with existing Mario races, because personally they feel like giant outliers as it is, and i removed them in my playthrough of the most recent ROTMK, no offense haha
"Honestly, I have no idea how that got there"

guard123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: June 10, 2020, 10:39:41 am »

Just a question, how compatible is this mod with graphics packs found in LNP? If not, what do you do to override the graphics pack?

GeorgeGrenville

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: June 13, 2020, 01:26:02 pm »

I can't remove the original raws without the game crashing at world creation, what should I do?

Hexatona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: July 24, 2020, 09:37:29 am »

This is one of my fav mods.  I really like total theme conversion mods for DF.

Makes me really surprised that very similar games like Cataclysm DDA have very few mods like that.  And none that I know of for a particular franchise.  I wonder why that is?  Different modder desires?  Modding things that way kinda difficult?

It's funny, DF was a Settlement Building game that changed into a roguelike, and CDDA is a roguelike that slowly moved towards a settlement building game.

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 28, 2020, 01:24:51 am »

One small suggestion: A workshop with reactions that consume certain power-up foods and apply their effects to the worker, so we can order certain toads/koopas/shy guys to eat something helpful when it's helpful instead of deciding the one Mega Mushroom in the entire fort would be a good midnight snack and not something to save in case of a megabeast.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 02:38:05 am by CaptainGame »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #854 on: July 29, 2020, 08:05:32 am »

One small suggestion: A workshop with reactions that consume certain power-up foods and apply their effects to the worker, so we can order certain toads/koopas/shy guys to eat something helpful when it's helpful instead of deciding the one Mega Mushroom in the entire fort would be a good midnight snack and not something to save in case of a megabeast.

Unfortunately, this isn't possible without DFHack.  You can forbid the foods you want to save for later but there's no straightforward way to control this.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 61