Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The future of my Dwarf Modding is in your hands. Should I:

Keep this thread, and only release the RAWS for what I do.
- 0 (0%)
Keep this thread, but package all my works into a single mod, to overlap on a DF Install.
- 0 (0%)
Package my works into a full mod, and start a new thread for that purpose.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Delioth's Inventions  (Read 10150 times)

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
Delioth's Inventions
« on: June 01, 2012, 04:08:05 pm »

This is the thread with all of the information about and RAWs for the products of my boredom, or suggestions from people.
-Usage policy: I don't mind if you use any of these things for your mod, just make sure to give credit where credit is due.

Index:
 -Railbow and Minicrossbow: Next Post

-Brawling & War Knuckles: Page 1

-New Dwarf Caste=Badgerbear:  Page 1

-Battlestaff and Battleclaws: Page 1

-Throwing weapons, Bracer Shield, and Balaclava: Top of page 2

-Gunblades=2-hand, normal, and wristblade sizes: Halfway through page 2

-Various versions of Dwarven Fish: Rest of page 2

-Newest Fully working version of Dwarven Fish: 3 posts down on page 3

-Flamethrower: Middle of page 5

-Gem making and Diamond pressing: Bottom of page 5
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:04:28 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Delioth's Inventions
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 08:13:33 pm »

Alright everyone, here's my thread containing all of my contraptions and random things that I decide to make. Any advice or extra things you can think of that I could try my hand at are welcome. As of yet I am planning on making a sort-of hand crossbow to use with a shield, possibly utilizing pseudo-clips of ammo (3-5 hits a piece).

First off: The Railbow

~This mighty beast of a crossbow is made only by the dwarves, and packs a punch. With a shoot force of 5x that of the bow or crossbow, it beats most things that are on a 1-tile wide ledge, providing an excellent method for killing creatures that wish to get into your fortress. Comes with four different types of ammunition, one to pierce most any armor, one with a larger blade to chop off tongues and limbs, a third to beat things down with the force of a warhammer, and a fourth just in case you want to have one specifically for people to use while training. More crossbow enhancements forthcoming~

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My newest contraption is out, the hand crossbow! After doing a little research and testing myself, I concluded that 3- and 5-hit "clips" are impossible in the current release, so I settled for this. Slightly less force behind it than a regular crossbow and smaller bolts, but that's the cost of being able to use it with a shield.
       ~Can be used with a shield.
       ~Uses its own ammo, minibolts.
       ~Also includes a small knife attached to the crossbow to make it less completely useless in close quarters.
       ~Works very nicely with the exploding bolts, will give the reaction to make them if someone requests it.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 10:14:48 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 09:45:28 pm »

Delioth I'd like to bring to your attention that the bow, xbow, and railbow are all one handed. And in a strange twist of events, the smaller hand crossbow is actually harder to hold one handed
The small knife is a nice addition though the slash should probably hit more area as the smallest slash attack is 500 (boning knife), so maybe 100-150?
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 10:39:50 pm »

Thanks, ArK, I was reading what I could get from the raws backwards.

Fixed the problem of Railbow being 1-handed, will fix the regular x-bow in my raws. An interesting concept for the weapons... Must do testing to see if it is possible to wield a two-handed weapon and use bolts for it at the same time. Also made hand crossbow with a requirement of 10 for minimum size, and 5000 for 1-handed.
Help us write a story!

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 11:28:14 pm »

I love how people are always creating newer ranged weapons, usually in the form of buffed and pimped crossbows with cool names. Crossbows are awesome, and I'll be watching this.  :)

I think if you check LFR and Masterwork, they both incorporated the 'Javelin thrower' which you may want to have a look at for inspirations of any sort.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 11:38:23 pm »

I'm debating posting my complete race here... It's a lot of code, considering that I made a full 4 castes for, male & female differing slightly, and another one with capabilities to produce hundreds of babies and a material emisison.

They have adamantine bones and their skin is based off of iron.

Full entity file as well, and they will butcher and eat elves. I had a very good day when I found that out.

Also, they're blue and tall, not unlike the Na'vi from Avatar.

If someone wants it, I'll check through it again to make sure I didn't change anything that broke it and post it.

Help us write a story!

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 12:52:36 am »

Got bored, decided to make a useful brawling weapon. I've got two versions, the brawling knuckles and the war knuckles. The war knuckles are pretty much an upgraded version of the brawlers, and they both pack a decent punch. Fine-tuning still needs to be done with the blades on the underhand side of them regarding penetration depth, but they work very nicely overall. Between two grandmaster fighter/strikers, the one with the war knuckles comes out with only minor bruising after a nice smash over the head with both blades for an instakill.

Here's the code, don't forget to put them in your entity files.

Help us write a story!

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 10:45:45 am »

Those aren't knuckle dusters, they're dual-wielded trench spikes!
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 11:44:16 pm »

I've decided that I'm going to make a series of Dwarf Castes that are different from normal dwarves, that have associated themselves with specific 'totem' animals and taking some of their characteristics. My first is a group of ruthless, nongendered berserkers that are 10x more prone to rage than badgers, and have great strength, agility, and toughness(+300 from originals).

I also added in population ratios, so these occur as ~1 in every 21 dwarves.

Without further ado, the Badgerbear Totem Dwarves,

Just get into your creature_standard.txt file and find where toady defines castes for the dwarves, and replace those ~9 lines with this.

EDIT: @Jake: the knives on them are much to small to be trench spikes, according to some cross-referencing with a large dagger, they should only be ~1-1.25 inches long. I'll tweak the penetration depth down a little for your tastes, and because they are a little overkill. If they become too useless, I'll either get rid of them or make them useful again.

P.S. Hey people, you can and should post any suggestions or feedback! I do, in fact, run out of ideas at some point! If you suggest and it's possible, I will do it!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:53:25 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!

jackbod

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:KOBOLD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 10:58:26 am »

How about a battlestaff? with a blade on the one side and a blunt curve on the other, playing as a "necromancer" doesnt feel right weilding dual
swords =) loving everething you have added so far and looking forward to more
One often meets his own destiny on the path he takes to avoid it

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 02:00:44 pm »

@jackbod: Yeah, I'll work on that, probably have it up in ~10 minutes.

EDIT: Here's that battlestaff for you, and I also realized that I forgot to post the wolverine-esque battleclaws that I made. Hope everyone likes them both!

The Battlestaff:

The Battleclaws:

EDIT:
P.S.-I need many, many more things to do during my days.

GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 04:27:34 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!

jackbod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 01:24:09 pm »

Woah thanks will test it now =) thanks

jackbod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 01:29:25 pm »

Mind if I make another suggestion?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 01:39:00 pm »

suggestions:
Gunblades
Throwing weapons
Arm Bracer shield item (Castlevania LoS)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 02:23:13 pm »

How does headgear coverage/protection work?

Think you can make a sort of balaclava craftable from cloth and candy that can be worn under other headgear with 100% coverage?
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5