Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Delioth's Inventions

(1/14) > >>

Delioth:
This is the thread with all of the information about and RAWs for the products of my boredom, or suggestions from people.
-Usage policy: I don't mind if you use any of these things for your mod, just make sure to give credit where credit is due.

Index:
 -Railbow and Minicrossbow: Next Post

-Brawling & War Knuckles: Page 1

-New Dwarf Caste=Badgerbear:  Page 1

-Battlestaff and Battleclaws: Page 1

-Throwing weapons, Bracer Shield, and Balaclava: Top of page 2

-Gunblades=2-hand, normal, and wristblade sizes: Halfway through page 2

-Various versions of Dwarven Fish: Rest of page 2

-Newest Fully working version of Dwarven Fish: 3 posts down on page 3

-Flamethrower: Middle of page 5

-Gem making and Diamond pressing: Bottom of page 5

Delioth:
Alright everyone, here's my thread containing all of my contraptions and random things that I decide to make. Any advice or extra things you can think of that I could try my hand at are welcome. As of yet I am planning on making a sort-of hand crossbow to use with a shield, possibly utilizing pseudo-clips of ammo (3-5 hits a piece).

First off: The Railbow

~This mighty beast of a crossbow is made only by the dwarves, and packs a punch. With a shoot force of 5x that of the bow or crossbow, it beats most things that are on a 1-tile wide ledge, providing an excellent method for killing creatures that wish to get into your fortress. Comes with four different types of ammunition, one to pierce most any armor, one with a larger blade to chop off tongues and limbs, a third to beat things down with the force of a warhammer, and a fourth just in case you want to have one specifically for people to use while training. More crossbow enhancements forthcoming~

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
--- Code: ---[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_RAILBOW]
[NAME:railbow:railbows]
[SIZE:500]
[SKILL:HAMMER]
[RANGED:CROSSBOW:RAIL]
[SHOOT_FORCE:5000]
[SHOOT_MAXVEL:3000]  This is just to make sure a near-weightless object doesn't go faster than the string could possibly go.
[TWO_HANDED:50000]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:15000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:3]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:10000:4000:bash:bashes:NO_SUB:1250]

[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_RAILBOW]
[AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_RAIL_PIERCE]
[AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_RAIL_SLASH]
[AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_RAIL_BLUNT]
[AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_RAIL_TRAINING]

[ITEM_AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_RAIL_PIERCE]
[NAME:spikerail:spikerails]
[CLASS:RAIL]
[SIZE:250]
[ATTACK:EDGE:5:10000:pierce:pierces:NO_SUB:2000]

[ITEM_AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_RAIL_SLASH]
[NAME:crescentrail:crescentrails]
[ATTACK:EDGE:150:2000:slice:slices:NO_SUB:2000]

[ITEM_AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_RAIL_BLUNT]
[NAME:smashrail:smashrails]
[SIZE:350]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:10:200:crush:crushes:NO_SUB:2000]

[ITEM_AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_RAIL_TRAINING]
[NAME:trainingrail:trainingrail]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:200:10000:stab:stabs:NO_SUB:1000]
--- End code ---

My newest contraption is out, the hand crossbow! After doing a little research and testing myself, I concluded that 3- and 5-hit "clips" are impossible in the current release, so I settled for this. Slightly less force behind it than a regular crossbow and smaller bolts, but that's the cost of being able to use it with a shield.
       ~Can be used with a shield.
       ~Uses its own ammo, minibolts.
       ~Also includes a small knife attached to the crossbow to make it less completely useless in close quarters.
       ~Works very nicely with the exploding bolts, will give the reaction to make them if someone requests it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
--- Code: ---for item_weapon:
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CROSSBOW_HAND]
[NAME:hand crossbow:hand crossbows]
[SIZE:200]
[SKILL:DAGGER]
[RANGED:CROSSBOW:MINIBOLT]
[SHOOT_FORCE:800]
[SHOOT_MAXVEL:1000]
[TWO_HANDED:5000]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:10]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:2]
[ATTACK:EDGE:5:1000:stab:stabs:mounted knife:1100]
[ATTACK:EDGE:200:750:slash:slashes:mounted knife:1000]

for item_ammo:
[ITEM_AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_MINIBOLT]
[NAME:minibolt:minibolts]
[CLASS:MINIBOLT]
[SIZE:75]
[ATTACK:EDGE:2:1000:stab:stabs:NO_SUB:900]

for entity_default under the dwarves':
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CROSSBOW_HAND]
[AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_MINIBOLT]
--- End code ---

ArKFallen:
Delioth I'd like to bring to your attention that the bow, xbow, and railbow are all one handed. And in a strange twist of events, the smaller hand crossbow is actually harder to hold one handed Spoiler (click to show/hide)bow, xbow, railbow:
[TWO_HANDED:0]---Must be this big to hold one handed
[MINIMUM_SIZE:15000]----must be this big to hold it at all, so by practicality TWO_HANDED is actually 15000

hand xbow:
[TWO_HANDED:27500]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:5000]---Though it does work for some of the smallest of creatures The small knife is a nice addition though the slash should probably hit more area as the smallest slash attack is 500 (boning knife), so maybe 100-150?

Delioth:
Thanks, ArK, I was reading what I could get from the raws backwards.

Fixed the problem of Railbow being 1-handed, will fix the regular x-bow in my raws. An interesting concept for the weapons... Must do testing to see if it is possible to wield a two-handed weapon and use bolts for it at the same time. Also made hand crossbow with a requirement of 10 for minimum size, and 5000 for 1-handed.

Pan:
I love how people are always creating newer ranged weapons, usually in the form of buffed and pimped crossbows with cool names. Crossbows are awesome, and I'll be watching this.  :)

I think if you check LFR and Masterwork, they both incorporated the 'Javelin thrower' which you may want to have a look at for inspirations of any sort.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version