Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 200

Author Topic: Cartoon/Western Animation Thread.  (Read 285696 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Cartoon/Western Animation Thread. -- Bill is watching.
« Reply #2580 on: August 12, 2017, 11:19:56 pm »

DuckTales 2017
I still kinda hate the artistic style of this reboot...loving everything else though. The music, the jokes, the cameos...good stuff.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: August 13, 2017, 10:20:04 am »

DuckTales 2017
I still kinda hate the artistic style of this reboot...loving everything else though. The music, the jokes, the cameos...good stuff.

Honestly I kinda like the animation. It's nothing special, but it's certainly not terrible in my opinion.

Also I really like Glomgold for some reason. He's probably my favorite part of the show so far.

Spoiler: Glomgold quotes (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: August 18, 2017, 05:23:52 pm »

What the heck is Ms. Beakley's position?

She can talk back to him so she isn't a low end servant... So she is likely an aide, assistant, Butler, or "Person who gets things done"

But she seems so angry with just taking notes... All those jobs would include assisting however needed.

So is she just a house keeper? I mean that was her position in the original but she did do her job, while she had the ability to tell her boss what to do that came out of mutual respect and trust in her judgement (though its Scrouge, he don't trust anyone's judgement).

Actually she is really bad at her job from what I've seen and seems to criticize and boss around her boss (and threaten him physically... and damage the house) far more then she does ANYTHING right, and she does the BARE minimum...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 05:26:10 pm by Neonivek »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: September 23, 2017, 10:02:44 pm »

I just finished Season 4 of Bojack Horseman. There were a couple of weaker episodes...but overall, it's my favorite season yet. Episode 9 in particular, that ending caught me completely off guard. And both of the episodes focusing on Bojack's mother were so creative and insightful.

I almost wish this was the end, because we finally got a season with a happy ending. Alas, Netflix has renewed for Season 5. If they actually manage to outdo Season 4, I don't know if my heart will be able to take it...

https://twitter.com/BoJackHorseman/status/910896431933689857

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: September 24, 2017, 10:30:19 pm »

AH HA! I finally found this thread!

Does anyone have any idea what the run schedule for OK K.O is? I was unfortunate enough to miss the latest episode.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: October 10, 2017, 12:00:22 am »

I usually use this: http://ok-ko.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_Guide

Speaking of, it's an excellent show. I'm blown away by some of the stuff they do with these bite sized stories, and the art and characters are absolutely delightful.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: October 20, 2017, 08:21:19 pm »

Milo Murphy's Law e18 Fungus Among Us

Wow, that ending caught be completely by surprise! I can't wait to see what happens next!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: October 23, 2017, 07:59:05 am »

Does anyone actually know about the chain of events leading to the Voltron reboot that I keep hearing about?

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: October 23, 2017, 08:45:10 am »

Milo Murphy's Law e18 Fungus Among Us

Wow, that ending caught be completely by surprise! I can't wait to see what happens next!

What happens next is that I become a new fan of this show, and the status quo is somehow returned.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: October 23, 2017, 11:05:30 am »

Does anyone actually know about the chain of events leading to the Voltron reboot that I keep hearing about?
Netflix and Dreamworks got together and said, "Hey, let's make some shit"?

More specifically, I don't know why they decided on a Voltron reboot, but I dig it. I've only seen the first season so far. My daughter has watched all of them.

I think it was especially illustrative when I dug up an episode of the original Voltron, and we watched it together, and I felt ashamed for my childhood. The old series was.....not good. Especially the voice acting.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: October 23, 2017, 01:10:02 pm »

Netflix and Dreamworks got together and said, "Hey, let's make some shit"?

I think they also got some people who worked on Avatar: Legend of Korra on the job for that reboot.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: October 26, 2017, 10:59:31 am »

So I binged Over The Garden Wall recently. Damn that was hella good.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: November 07, 2017, 10:31:40 pm »

I was iffy on the Star vs Evil season 2 ED song the first time I heard it...but after hearing it a few more times, I'm now in love. It's something I look forward to at the end of each episode~

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: November 11, 2017, 03:19:07 am »

The latest Stevenbomb is here. I found it a bit disappointing. 6 new episodes, and all that really happened is Lapis ragequit Earth again, and Stevonnie had a minor fight.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I appreciate the Lapis episode. For some reason it never really clicked with me before, but Lapis was actually happy serving under the Diamonds. She had a satisfying job, a safe place to live, a generally happy life, and then the Crystal Gems came along and started a war that she wanted no part of. She did her best to avoid the violence, but somehow got caught in the crossfire anyway and was nearly shattered. Later, it was a Cystal Gem who brought her back. They completely destroyed her entire life for no reason, and now Steven was here expecting her to be grateful, and maybe even join the team. Now all of her reactions make sense. This is why she lives apart from the other gems in a barn, and is always moody around them.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 06:44:03 pm by Folly »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: November 16, 2017, 01:03:38 pm »

Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 200