Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 200

Author Topic: Cartoon/Western Animation Thread.  (Read 285872 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Cartoon/Western Animation Thread.
« Reply #2880 on: March 19, 2021, 09:15:43 pm »

Paradise PD season 3 recently arrived on Netflix, and I just finished watching it.

A lot more toilet humor than I like to see in the first few episodes, but the season did get better as it went along. The jokes are hit-or-miss, often using obscure references or mistaking excessive edginess for humor. But there's also some creative ideas in this show that I love.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: March 22, 2021, 06:54:42 pm »

Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law ended in 2007. Then it came back for one last special in 2019. Now, a spin-off is on it's way!
Birdgirl premieres April 5, 2021.

Birdgirl Trailer

Also, Final Space Season 3 has begun!
Season 2 was a bit of a disaster. From the first episode, Season 3 shows the potential to possibly redeem this once-great cartoon.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: March 23, 2021, 06:35:04 pm »

I am absolutely going to watch Birdgirl when it drops, because the very concept of Birdgirl Antics excites me, and then I am absolutely going to be unsurprised when it's just strings of cringe-inducing condescending woke memes regurgitated onto a canvas of nostalgia.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: March 24, 2021, 04:02:16 am »

I am absolutely going to watch Birdgirl when it drops, because the very concept of Birdgirl Antics excites me, and then I am absolutely going to be unsurprised when it's just strings of cringe-inducing condescending woke memes regurgitated onto a canvas of nostalgia.
I'm hoping it isn't but with how things are now days I don't have high hopes.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: March 24, 2021, 07:27:24 pm »

If it's by the same creators, hopefully it should be fine. Edit: It contains one of the original creators, and one new one.

It also seems like they might not be able to use Hanna-Barbera characters for HBO Max reasons?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 07:35:03 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: March 24, 2021, 07:30:25 pm »

I hope it has COURTROOM DRAMA because honestly that tied the whole OG series together.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: March 25, 2021, 03:17:43 am »

It also seems like they might not be able to use Hanna-Barbera characters for HBO Max reasons?
Hope that's not true because that means almost the entire cast will be gone.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: March 26, 2021, 01:38:56 pm »

Hope that's not true because that means almost the entire cast will be gone.

Yeah that was... the entire charm of the OG series, actually. Otherwise it's just like... I dunno, another one of those rando Adult Swim IP's that lasts half a season.

I intend to hold out hope for good, funny Birdgirl stuff tho.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: March 26, 2021, 09:43:56 pm »

I finished watching Close Enough, seasons 1 and 2.

This plot is exactly like Regular Show, except with a bit more mature humor. So regular folks just trying to do regular things but inevitably getting caught up in supernatural forces or cosmic entities from which they narrowly escape with their lives.
If you liked Regular Show, definitely check this one out.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: March 27, 2021, 12:11:25 pm »

DOTA: Dragon's Blood recently appeared.

It's all about humans and elves and various beastmen who all hate each other and when they're not busy trying to survive in a world full of monsters they're breaking out into wars over whose god is the least shitty. It's all rather cliché, but well executed imo. At least from what I've seen so far. I'm only halfway through the season and very much enjoying it.

At the same time, season 2 of Solar Opposites and the first 3 episodes of Invincible just appeared, along with the first episode of Elliot from Earth. It's too much all at once! I look forward to enjoying each of these shows as time allows.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: April 05, 2021, 09:10:32 pm »

First episode of Birdgirl is out, and oof...
I really wanted to like this show, but it's gonna be pretty hard to redeem after that start.

It seems like they've tried to trade the wacky/funny style of Birdman in favor of more dramatic interpersonal relationships and more exciting superhero antics. But without the humor, both the drama and action are just too stupid to be interesting.

Season 2 of Solar Opposites was more of the same, in a good way. Ridiculous antics from the aliens parallel to more serious drama from the people in the wall. Both are very well done in their own way, but at the same time I can understand how some people might find it difficult to enjoy two very different styles juxtaposed.

Invincible is a fairly blatant ripoff of DC's superhero universe, but they pull it off well.
It's basically a Superboy coming-of-age story, combined with evil Superman, and a fairly gory setting where heroes and civilians alike get brutally deleted on a daily basis.
Love the 40-minute format. Lots of content to soak up in every new episode!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: April 06, 2021, 11:04:06 am »

They made an animated series for Invincible? That's surprising. It's a fairly bloody series if the one battle I've read is any indication.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: April 06, 2021, 11:11:25 am »

Season 2 of Solar Opposites was more of the same, in a good way. Ridiculous antics from the aliens parallel to more serious drama from the people in the wall. Both are very well done in their own way, but at the same time I can understand how some people might find it difficult to enjoy two very different styles juxtaposed.

Cheers for this, I gave it a watch last night and really enjoyed it. Given how much I hated the trailer, I wouldn't have tried an episode without your prompting!

It's definitely Rick-and-Mortyish but it's so much less depressing. Also goes back to the good old semi-improvised Roiland dialogue I sorely missed. Looking forward to seeing more.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: April 15, 2021, 01:19:11 pm »

16 episodes into Elliot from Earth, and it's got a whole lot of filler. I feel like I could have skipped episodes 5-15 without missing a beat.

Apparently it's created by the same team behind Amazing World of Gumball. I'm not feeling the similarity. It reminds me more of Hilda, with a cast of diverse and charming if somewhat boring characters and generally chill atmosphere.

Too much filler and too low-energy for my taste...but other people may enjoy this one.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: April 16, 2021, 04:34:58 pm »

I laughed a bunch at the first episode of birdgirl, tho. Is not bad.
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 200