Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 200

Author Topic: Cartoon/Western Animation Thread.  (Read 285936 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cartoon/Western Animation Thread.
« Reply #2895 on: April 17, 2021, 12:20:05 am »

I laughed a bunch at the first episode of birdgirl, tho. Is not bad.
Is the humor similar to Harvey Birdman, or have they gone off in a new direction?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: April 17, 2021, 10:04:40 am »

Mmmmmm it's got that deadpan delivery on occasion, but it is different.

There were no hanna-barbara characters, which was weird. Not sure if I'll stick with it, but I did not hate it, and I laughed. Also, it was not comprised of woke memes. 7/10.

Pilot is on youtube.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: April 17, 2021, 03:58:08 pm »

Second episode was a move in the right direction imo...still a long way from Birdman:AAL, but maybe Birdgirl just needs some time to warm up.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: April 18, 2021, 04:18:42 am »

The no Hanna Barbara characters is gonna be a weird thing to see, but at least it isn't a woke filled mess like some crap they put on air now days.

I really should watch the pilot soon.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: April 30, 2021, 09:22:24 pm »

Invincible Season 1 has concluded, and it was excellent.

From the comments of those who have read the comics, it sounds like it's going to get even better. Season 2 and 3 were announced just before the finale, so it may be awhile before they arrive. I'm very much looking forward to that time.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 03:31:04 pm by Folly »

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: May 05, 2021, 04:40:50 am »

My current obsession: Helluva Boss

Warning: R18+ rating

Pilot Episode
Episode 1: Murder Family
Episode 2: Loo Loo Land
Episode 3: Spring Broken
Episode 4: C.H.E.R.U.B
Episode 5: The Harvest Moon Festival

Rude, crude and funny, with plenty of black humor. But the opening song of Episode 2 got me good, it just went full Bowie and gave me all the feels. If you study the Ars Goetia from the Lesser Key of Solomon grimoire of demonology, Stolas is depicted in the ancient text as a long-legged owl whose domains are astronomy, herbs, plants, and precious stones. The easter eggs for his character in the animation version are littered through the series, and I just adore finding them hidden within the background. The creators gave him a lot of love.

Plus the animatronic murder-clown in Episode 2 is actually voice-acted by a broadway veteran, Alex Brightman, of Beetlejuice fame. It's God-tier animation, voice acting, and story and I'm quite certain this series is eventually gonna be snatched up and paywalled before long. Until then, I'm enjoying the episodes as they come out on the animator's channel.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: May 05, 2021, 12:33:29 pm »

Ep.5 has Norman Reedus in it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: May 08, 2021, 01:09:28 am »

Second episode was a move in the right direction imo...still a long way from Birdman:AAL, but maybe Birdgirl just needs some time to warm up.

I loved it, great show I think. No HB characters? That is unfortunate. I will miss Peter Potamus, Reducto and Mentok. I hope they hired the smiling bear back at least. *wrnnn* <- bear noise

I'd watch the rest but Comcast took away my cartoons, the villains.

Ha Ha! Monopolies.

EDIT: Finding a picture of Phil Ken Sebben to insert image here was surprisingly difficult. Maybe the various fanwikis have disabled hotlinking images to forums or whatever it's called? I didn't spend much time looking. I found one with him neck deep in a pool of money surrounded by bikini babes, and when that didn't work I quit looking, spirit broken.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 01:30:49 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: May 09, 2021, 05:23:15 am »

This one?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: May 10, 2021, 03:24:48 pm »

Birdgirl season 1 concluded after an odd 6 episodes.
This show did improve a little towards the middle of the season, but came crashing back down towards the end.

Birdgirl is either too clever for me to understand, or it's a series of utterly nonsensical plot devices strung together with semi-comedic rhythm and lots of nostalgia. If it's the former, then I apologize, I guess I'm just not qualified to evaluate this show. If it's the latter, then this embarrassment of a spin-off needs to be denied renewal so it can go to wherever all the other failed spin-offs went to die.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: May 12, 2021, 02:46:02 pm »

Cartoon Network's Adult Swim has announced 3 new movies in the works, for Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Metalocalypse, and Venture Brothers!

I'm a bit 'meh' about ATHF. I found it to be a mildly amusing series early on, but far too cringe towards the end. And I honestly cannot imagine what value a movie could add to this entirely episodic series.

Metalocalypse and Venture Brother each had interesting stories which got cut short when the series were cancelled, and I'm very eager to see what they do with this opportunity to provide fans some closure!

Release date details expected soon!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: May 13, 2021, 01:34:07 am »

I'm hyped for all of those, hopefully Venture Brothers and Metalocalypse will get an ending.

Also ATHF has already had a movie.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: May 13, 2021, 02:13:46 am »

Aww darn, they cancelled the Venture Brothers? That was one of my favorites. Metalocololypse was too but that's been done for a while.

It's cool they are getting movies though to wrap them up, I'll watch them probably
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: June 22, 2021, 09:48:55 pm »

I finished watching the first season of M.O.D.O.K.

It's made by the same team that did Supermansion, and has much the same feel. For reasons I don't quite understand, some people just don't appreciate this style of humor and storytelling. Personally I found both to be quite entertaining.

With two distinct antagonists, the season had lots of twists and turns, got really intense towards the end, and finished with a cliffhanger that left me eager for more. A second season has not yet been renewed, but with fairly positive reviews I am optimistic that we will someday learn where Modok goes next.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: June 23, 2021, 01:46:20 am »

New Rick and Morty dropped. I didn't enjoy the new one as much as I had hoped, but they finally did something with Jessica!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 200