Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 200

Author Topic: Cartoon/Western Animation Thread.  (Read 281820 times)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cartoon/Western Animation Thread.
« Reply #2865 on: October 30, 2020, 12:40:58 am »

I've recently caught up with Bee and Puppycat Season 1 and 2.

I really enjoyed Season 1 with the whimsy and understated normality of the characters within a decidedly abnormal setting. I loved that they recorded their voice actors and simply kept the first take, mistakes and all, then animated the show around their vocal stumbles. It gives the series a great lack of polish that sets it apart from other shows. Also, a bunch of easter eggs make for enjoyable rewatching, especially with knowledge from the later episodes to guide the viewer.

Season 2 brought some closure to some open plotlines, but lacked the magic of the first season. It was still good, but more by-the-numbers.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: November 08, 2020, 09:07:10 am »

RWBY Season 8 is here!

And wow...that may be the most depressing season premiere I've ever seen. Dark times ahead.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: November 20, 2020, 09:37:34 pm »

After 22 years, the Animaniacs have once again escaped from their water tower!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: November 20, 2020, 09:50:58 pm »

After 22 years, the Animaniacs have once again escaped from their water tower!

First Pinky and the Brain was fantastico.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: December 02, 2020, 07:28:51 pm »

Ducktales has been canceled after three seasons.

Much as I've enjoyed the show, I feel like they never made it beyond cameos and references to the old show to contribute anything new, despite having more than enough time to do so.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: December 05, 2020, 08:25:15 pm »

I'm worried animaniacs is gonna go that way :[]
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: December 05, 2020, 10:16:55 pm »

Big Mouth Season 4 is here!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: December 17, 2020, 08:45:02 pm »

Season 2 of Hilda has arrived!

The Life of Hilda
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 06:01:14 pm by Folly »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: January 03, 2021, 10:13:18 am »

I just finished the first season of Onyx Equinox, a show set in Mesopotamian culture, about mortals and the gods who toy with them.

Animation can be a bit rough at points, particularly in the first few episodes. But I absolutely love the way the gods are depicted, both stylistically and their role in the story. The mortals on the other hand, can be more annoying than interesting.

It's hard to say exactly what audience this is suited for...one minute there's nudity, gore, and horrific trauma. Then the rest of the episode is about a whiny boy with a ponytail who plays with pokemans. Pick a lane.

Overall though, a decent watch. I enjoyed some of the big reveals and plot twists towards the end. Hope it gets another season, but if not, at least the first season ended at a calm place.

Nelli's Song

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: January 04, 2021, 12:59:00 pm »

Some guys are making remastered versions of the old Battletech cartoon

It's widely considered to be Not Very Good, but for what it's worth it is a corny satAM 90's cartoon, and there's dank early CGI sequences.  There was no real home release of the cartoon either so it's a big deal in terms of preservation.  The project is ongoing and apparently there should be 13 episodes.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: January 07, 2021, 01:30:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Second season of Transformers: War for Cybertron is here.

I was very critical of the first season. Second season immediately felt better. Better music, better drama, better action. Nothing amazing, but just an all-around decent show compared to what came before.
Unfortunately the season suffered from pacing issues, with new characters and locations being injected multiple times each episode, only to then be deleted in later episodes, without giving adequate time for me to care about or indeed understand what was going on.

Second season is a step in the right direction, but this is still a difficult show to recommend.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: January 10, 2021, 09:03:33 am »

Following last year's Central Park, the creator of Bob's Burgers has made yet another show, The Great North.

The show focuses on a family living in Alaska, doing Alaska things. Like with mooses and snowmobiles and plaid shirts. You know, Alaska stuff.
I don't know, I can't really put my finger on anything particularly creative or interesting going on here...yet I really enjoyed the first episode. Looking forward to more.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: January 15, 2021, 10:59:35 pm »

Disenchantment part 3 has arrived!

Edit:
Finished watching season 3.
This season had a lot of character growth for our protagonist, Princess Teabeani. Most of it felt forced...but within the light comedic atmosphere, that's okay sometimes.
I really disliked the 'Green Smoke' mystery that took up several episodes. Absolutely no satisfaction when that question was finally answered.
Annoyingly, much of this season was also spent setting up new arcs which were left completely open when the season ended. Kinda wish I'd waited until season 4 came out and just binged them both at once.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 12:36:08 pm by Folly »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: March 08, 2021, 12:45:35 pm »

I finished watching all 3 seasons of Pinky Malinky, a Netflix cartoon about an inexplicably animated Sausage in a world with absolutely no other unusually animated objects.

General vibe of the show resembles Amazing World of Gumball, with animation that looks more like Clarence, and just a bit of Home Movies mixed in. The titular Pinky is a high-energy character who does his best to spread joy to everyone around him, even though his efforts often turn out to be misguided.
The show is fairly entertaining. Good for a casual watch in short intervals.

These are people that you might know.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: March 15, 2021, 10:09:48 pm »

Ducktales has ended. Again.

The third season felt rushed, with new characters and magical artifacts being introduced almost every episode and not having time to be developed properly. But this was a result of the show being canceled early. All things considered, they did a pretty good job of wrapping up their story despite the rush. The finale was great. Loved the Gargoyles reference. Hope the Darkwing spinoff is just as good. And hope we get other spinoffs, especially Rescue Rangers.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 200