Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Candy box !  (Read 22024 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Candy box !
« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2013, 08:48:35 am »

Incidentally, I beat the game with a healing sword, so bah.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2013, 11:51:15 am »

I just noticed that the candy gain speed upgrade is the Fibonacci sequence and the cost of upgrading is based on the next number up the sequence.

EDIT: Also, why has no one else suggested acid scrolls for taking out fireballs and ghosts? They one hit both of them and affect everything on the map.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 12:11:06 am by Leonon »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2013, 02:04:57 am »

I just noticed that the candy gain speed upgrade is the Fibonacci sequence and the cost of upgrading is based on the next number up the sequence.

EDIT: Also, why has no one else suggested acid scrolls for taking out fireballs and ghosts? They one hit both of them and affect everything on the map.

I've tried to use attack scrolls on certain maps but they didn't work (specifically hell)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2013, 02:07:07 am »

Acid rain works perfectly fine in hell, it just works on one line only.

And yes, works great on both fireballs and ghosts, but even better than acid rain on ghosts is a summoned imp.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2013, 05:04:29 pm »

Careful testing says that 17,402 lollipops planted is the exact number required for 100/sec, by the way. I'd take a screenshot, except I only realized it would be a good idea after I planted 73 more to have the lollipop number end in 00.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2013, 05:32:09 pm »

Careful testing says that 17,402 lollipops planted is the exact number required for 100/sec, by the way. I'd take a screenshot, except I only realized it would be a good idea after I planted 73 more to have the lollipop number end in 00.

I upped it to 20,000 because round numbers are nice.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2013, 05:42:28 pm »

But then the lollipop number is awkward and it makes me sad. I have 17545 planted and ~242k as of this post, because I haven't found sorc hut yet. >.<
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2013, 06:16:14 pm »

My current cost to upgrade candy speed is 30250 klp. So i'm going to let this run another day or so to get it. Fun game, i just leave it running and I dont even have to bother to play it anymore, I just open the tab and see how its going.
I got nothing

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 12, 2013, 06:34:38 pm »

I'd just like to point out that:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It is also pretty useless in the end. You are better off redoing the last stage and converting that candy into lollypops if you need it.

Besides my favorite bug is for the Lifesummonfire sword

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 12, 2013, 07:39:06 pm »

If we are talking about bug abuse;

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 13, 2013, 04:31:52 am »

If we are talking about bug abuse;

Also, I apparently got a whole other group of people addicted to this game by telling one person about it.
"Everyone hates you for this btw"
"I had to share the brilliance. And the candy"
"You really did"
"It was out of my control"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]