Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11 Released  (Read 242572 times)

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11 Released
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 07:26:54 pm »

Most Excellent™

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 07:41:46 pm »

Whoah! Thanks Toady, I just happened to glance up top while I was reading other topics and was like ".11? Wait, what??"

Spiffy!

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 08:07:06 pm »

Keep on the good work!

Btw for Adventure mode I sorely miss some way to know how much "air" i have left when swimming underwater , as it is now it's kinda hard to know when you will drown.

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 09:03:24 pm »

Might be a stupid question but, can I update from .09 to .11? Or do I need .10 first? I have to update # Pathfinding errors...
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

smariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 09:14:06 pm »

(*) Made command line understand quotes so that parameters with spaces in their names can be used (doesn't seem to work on linux/osx, not sure how to fix)

It doesn't work because how bash interprets command line arguments. There's nothing wrong with the loading script. That's just how bash works. If a space needs to be passed inside an argument, it has to be escaped with the '\' character. Alternatively, flags for options could be used (like '-title <title name with spaces'), where everything between each flag is interpreted as one argument by concatenating subsequent non-flag arguments in bash. Act like the end of the arguments is the last flag, and presto.

What he said. The shell will deal with all the quotes and escapes for you before your program even starts executing.

Examples:

./foo x y zargv[]={"./foo", "x", "y", "z"}Without quotes or an escape character, spaces separate arguments.
./foo x\ y\ zargv[]={"./foo", "x y z"}The spaces were escaped, so they're part of the argument and not separators.
./foo "x y z"argv[]={"./foo", "x y z"}The spaces are inside a quoted string, so they make up a single argument.
./foo "\"xyz\""argv[]={"./foo", "\"xyz\""}Double quoted strings can contain escaped characters.
./foo 'x\ y\ z'argv[]={"./foo", "x\\ y\\ z"}Single quoted strings can't contain escaped characters.
Likes schrödinbugs for their reality destroying implications.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 10:36:54 pm »

I didn't see

* added indication for assigned items in specific item list for military equipment

on this update, but it is on the log as of yesterday. Is it... you know, in? Because if it is, I LOVE YOU TOADY.

If not, I STILL LOVE YOU TOADY

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 10:50:38 pm »

I didn't see

* added indication for assigned items in specific item list for military equipment

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=110932.msg3344965#msg3344965
4th item from the bottom.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2012, 11:04:33 pm »

Well, I always did know I was blind!

:D

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2012, 12:17:13 am »

That's a heaping helping of improvements. Me likey.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Iriel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2012, 01:04:23 am »

For bash you should be able to do this to the launch script:

1) Change #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/bash

2) Change the last line to: cd "${PWD}"; exec ./dwarfort.exe "$@"

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2012, 01:05:18 am »

(*) Non-fire-immune creatures will dodge out of hot squares

Excellent!
Quote from: Gerottomo on May 03, 2012, 04:34:11 pm
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

The Giant Bat who decided an axe made a better weapon than claws:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108229.30

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 02:48:59 am »

(*) Auto-assign new baby animals to mother's pasture/pond

Is there a toggle to disable this? I assign hens to a 1x1 pasture so they don't get off the eggs, this will force all 10-14 poults to stay on that square with the mother instead of spreading out... Won't that make them fight?
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2012, 03:11:51 am »

Wel you'll need soundsence now to hear the sound of new babies:)

Thanks for your work Toady. Armor reducing bad thoughs for nudity was my most awaited change for a loooooong time:)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2012, 03:35:30 am »

I assign hens to a 1x1 pasture so they don't get off the eggs, this will force all 10-14 poults to stay on that square with the mother instead of spreading out... Won't that make them fight?

Did you know that the average Dwarf Fortress hen has less than one tile of space in which to live, denying them their natural instincts like abandoning their eggs, slowing frame-rate, and stopping doors from closing when you really need them shut?

Buy McUrist Farms' free-range eggs today!  Our hens are free to roam in outdoor pastures, enjoying sunlight, blood-draining mists, and gentle rains of goblin arrows...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 03:37:51 am by Urist McTeellox »

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2012, 04:39:05 am »

Intelligent masons?
Hurray!
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15