Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11 Released  (Read 242909 times)

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11 Released
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 06:11:46 am »

There are some good fixes in this one. Il have a look at this.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 07:12:45 am »

For bash you should be able to do this to the launch script:

1) Change #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/bash

2) Change the last line to: cd "${PWD}"; exec ./dwarfort.exe "$@"

This will work.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 08:19:26 am »

(*) Auto-assign new baby animals to mother's pasture/pond
This one alone more than made my day! Thanks Toady, I almost feel compelled to report your post... to report it's awesome!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MadeOfStarDust

• Bay Watcher
  • Alone on the surface of an alien world
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2012, 11:07:25 am »

Thanks Toady for the new update! Now the newly-born dwarven babies in my forts will no longer cause horrible tantrum spirals over not wearing clothes!

(Also, I see that he had already fixed the "sleep in glacier - turn into magma crab" bug.)
Also...
Why is there a flaming headless zombie version of you in our moat?

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2012, 11:22:57 am »

Intelligent masons?
Hurray!

I suspect it's more like "less stupid masons". But I'm not complaining, it's still an improvement. But now we'll have to learn the quirks of the new behavior.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2012, 02:42:12 pm »

Thanks Toady for the new update! Now the newly-born dwarven babies in my forts will no longer cause horrible tantrum spirals over not wearing clothes!
What do you mean? They are wearing clothes! They now spawn wearing their birthday suits.

(Also, I see that he had already fixed the "sleep in glacier - turn into magma crab" bug.)
But... it was the best bug...

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012, 02:58:09 pm »

I assign hens to a 1x1 pasture so they don't get off the eggs, this will force all 10-14 poults to stay on that square with the mother instead of spreading out... Won't that make them fight?

Did you know that the average Dwarf Fortress hen has less than one tile of space in which to live, denying them their natural instincts like abandoning their eggs, slowing frame-rate, and stopping doors from closing when you really need them shut?

Buy McUrist Farms' free-range eggs today!  Our hens are free to roam in outdoor pastures, enjoying sunlight, blood-draining mists, and gentle rains of goblin arrows...

Lol, they're in a decent sized birthing room, I just got tired of the hens not always staying on the nest, so I made little pastures.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 06:19:08 pm by rtg593 »
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

terko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2012, 04:01:44 pm »

(*) Auto-assign new baby animals to mother's pasture/pond

Now all we need a possibility to sort animals by type and gender. Makes mass butchering assignments even easier then.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2012, 06:12:09 pm »

Actually, animals hatching from eggs aren't automatically assigned to pastures, so you're still safe on that, until Toady fixes it. ;)

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2012, 06:20:26 pm »

Actually, animals hatching from eggs aren't automatically assigned to pastures, so you're still safe on that, until Toady fixes it. ;)

Oh, goody. My sows only seem to ever give birth to 1, so they should be fine in their pens. Cool.
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2012, 06:46:36 pm »

For bash you should be able to do this to the launch script:

1) Change #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/bash

That would only matter if the script used any bash-specific features.  But it doesn't, so changing that would just make it stop working on systems without bash installed in /bin.

2) Change the last line to: cd "${PWD}"; exec ./dwarfort.exe "$@"

The last line of the Linux version is:

Code: [Select]
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress $* # Go, go, go! :)

The $* should be "$@" (with the quotes) as you said.  cd "$PWD" is a no-op (change directory to the current directory), so it shouldn't be there.  Adding the exec is good (but not strictly required).

Code: [Select]
exec ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress "$@" # Go, go, go! :)

"$@" is shell magic that expands the positional parameters as a list of words, one per argument, as if you had typed "$1" "$2" "$3" ... knowing how many parameters there would be.  $* or $@ (without quotes) are almost always wrong.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Abysium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2012, 07:02:54 pm »

wizardry!

but hurrray for new version!

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2012, 08:42:15 pm »

I assign hens to a 1x1 pasture so they don't get off the eggs

I don't think that there is any need to do this.  I don't assign my turkeys to any pasture, and when they're ready to lay eggs they find a nearby nest box, lay eggs, and stay on them until the eggs hatch or are collected by a dwarf.

EDIT: You may be in luck anyways:

Bug #5990: Babies hatching from eggs aren't auto-assigned to pastures
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 09:41:44 pm by HiEv »
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

Blucher

• Bay Watcher
  • Had a fine beer lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2012, 02:18:59 am »

Awesome!  Thank you!

EDIT:
(*) Stopped haulers from wandering in loops in certain circumstances
Does anyone have details on this?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 02:41:13 am by Blucher »

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2012, 03:24:47 am »

That is a thing that would happen. Every so often (but not so often that it'd interfere with your fort) you'd find a dwarf with a bin going in circles, unable to decide what to do with it. Forbidding the hauled object would break the dwarf's indecision, and you could reclaim it and get on with things.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15