Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: ~Los Desperadoes~ (Ch. 6: I dun' goof'd)  (Read 11732 times)

barbequedcinders

• Bay Watcher
  • "The game is done! I've won! I've won!"
    • View Profile
Re: ~Los Desperadoes~ (A Dueling-based RTD)
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 07:54:55 pm »

I personally like the second option better, but maybe that's because I'm a player. :P

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 07:55:59 pm »

Sigh. I didn't join this because I thought I'd have to apply with a new char every single time my previous one died. Does this also mean the Industrial Japan RtD is dead?

Edit: And I think you should reset them back to 100, doesn't that make death harsher?

And you could have a cloning explanation ready for the ressurrecting characters.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 08:01:18 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 08:00:05 pm »

I'd prefer dying personally, it just seems like it makes more sense than, oh I got shot in the head, I'll just go back twenty ranks.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2012, 08:01:49 pm »

Sigh. I didn't join this because I thought I'd have to apply with a new char every single time my previous one died. Does this also mean the Industrial Japan RtD is dead?

Edit: And I think you should reset them back to 100, doesn't that make death harsher?

Yeah, Industrial Japan died. Not enough people came back to it to make me want to continue.

The thing about the 100-Reset, is that it would make this game go on for a really long time. Which could be a good or bad thing.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2012, 08:04:54 pm »

Yeah, Industrial Japan died. Not enough people came back to it to make me want to continue.
That's a pity, I liked it. And if you want a quick game, perma-death and 100-rank reset really won't cut it, perma-death even less.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2012, 08:08:04 pm »

Name: Takahisa Misayo
Appearance:Old, but still quite fit. Obviously of warrior descent. Wears a wise, dignified expression
Biography: Takahisa grew up the son of a warrior, where he learned both fighting and culture. He excelled in swordsmanship, but when he accidentally killed one of his enemies, he became a wandering swordsman. During this time, he tutored many young fighters, many of which went on to become more famous than he ever was. Eventually, he aged, and settled down on a secluded island, where the fighters came to him rather than the other way around. In fact, the only reason he became one of the most feared duelists is because one of them decided to test his strength by attacking him at his home. Takahisa soundly beat the young man, and sent him back to THE SHADOW REALM training.
Starting Clothes/Armor: Samurai Armor
Starting Weapon: A katana named Jinsoku
Skills: ST+0 PC+0 AG+0 EU+0 IN+0 LK+0
Attributes:
Designated Dueling Ground: Any area with varied and interesting terrain
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 09:50:14 pm by Spinal_Taper »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012, 08:29:01 pm »

Name: Takahisa Misayo
Appearance:Old, but still quite fit. Obviously of warrior descent. Wears a wise, dignified expression
Biography: Takahisa grew up the son of a warrior, where he learned both fighting and culture. He excelled in swordsmanship, but when he accidentally killed one of his enemies, he became a wandering swordsman. During this time, he tutored many young fighters, many of which went on to become more famous than he ever was. Eventually, he aged, and settled down on a secluded island, where the fighters came to him rather than the other way around. In fact, the only reason he became one of the most feared duelists is because one of them decided to test his strength by attacking him at his home. Takahisa soundly beat the young man, and sent him back to THE SHADOW REALM training.
Starting Clothes/Armor: Samurai Armor
Starting Weapon: A katana named Jinsoku, a Yomi bow named Kaze
Skills: ST+0 PC+0 AG+0 EU+0 IN+0 LK+0
Attributes:
Designated Dueling Ground: Any area with varied and interesting terrain

Everyone only gets 1 starting weapon. The only way to get more is to take them from fallen enemies.

Besides that, it's good. I'll put you on the Waitlist.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2012, 08:50:47 pm »

I vote for permanent death.

A problem I have is I don't see any incentive to research an opponent if everyone gets the information.  You almost always would benefit from training or challenging in that time period.

barbequedcinders

• Bay Watcher
  • "The game is done! I've won! I've won!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2012, 08:57:33 pm »

You know what, after some consideration, the 100-reset is probably the best option. Considering combat may start immediately, it would kinda suck if someone was just out of the game within the first few turns.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2012, 09:08:05 pm »

I vote for permanent death.

A problem I have is I don't see any incentive to research an opponent if everyone gets the information.  You almost always would benefit from training or challenging in that time period.

I've considered that. It adds to the brutality and gambling you must make. Every turn you ask yourself, "Is it worth it to research this Duelist and let everyone know, or go in blind and hope I win?" Also, low research rolls won't reveal much. Like on a really low roll, you might learn their name, and that's it.

Also, I'd like to address character death:

When your character is assassinated they are gone forever. However, if you want to make a character that's exactly the same except with a few minor changes, that's perfectly fine. (If you're playing a black-haired guy named Joe and he dies, I don't care if you make an identical chargers named Koe with brown hair.)

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2012, 09:23:23 pm »

YES! multiple Clint Eastwood rip-offs!... uh I mean my guy was totally original.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2012, 09:48:04 pm »

What about cyborg resurrections or black magic gone wrong?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2012, 09:48:55 pm »

What about cyborg resurrections or black magic gone wrong?

That would be fine also.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2012, 09:49:48 pm »

Permanent death.

Except for Dwarmin.  :P

So...turn?  :P

Edit: Ninjas...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2012, 09:50:25 pm »

Aw yeah. Each incarnation might be less sane and balanced than the last! :D
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11