Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Roll To Pony, My First RTD  (Read 9241 times)

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
Roll To Pony, My First RTD
« on: June 04, 2012, 09:24:27 pm »

Hello! This adventure will be about a group of ponies (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) who are friends and are going around together and random stuff happens, like meteors! This is my first RTD and here are the rules:

To enter a character you must provide description of these aspects:

Character Name:
Mane Color (If Applicable):
Coat Color:
Kind of Pony (E, P or U):
Cutie Mark:
Description/Background:
Talents:
Proposed Bonuses:
Text Color:

After you submit these details, then they will be considered.
Each turn, the players will decide their actions in reaction to stuff that happens. I will roll a d6 usually two times, the first roll will be Acting and the second will be Defense. In other words, if you roll to kick someone, then first your chance is rolled and if it is higher then the one I roll for the enemy dodging, then the kick succeeds. If that is not applicable, one roll will be made, using the system of:
1 - extreme failure!
2 - normal fail.
3 - partial fail.
4 - partial success.
5 - normal success.
6 - epic win!

After each turn a report will be given, detailing the new situation. Equipment and stats will sometimes provide bonuses to rolls.

The adventure will start once at least 3 people sign up.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 01:06:08 pm by CyberUrist »
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Pony, My First RTD
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 09:39:09 pm »

Posting to watch.

There used to be another Pony game here, but it died out. I'm running Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, which is half about Ponies, and half about fighting every single person in existence.

Also, you said 'Acting' and I think you meant 'Attacking'. It confused me for a while.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 09:46:04 pm »

Damn, don't trick me like that. I thought NobodyPro had brought his game back from the dead.  :-X

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 10:08:15 pm »

Thanks for your response, indeed I drew insperation from that thread. Teddy Roosevelt XD
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 06:06:12 pm by CyberUrist »

Andal

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning! Fourth wall breached!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 10:33:11 pm »

PTW, and possibly posting pony later if I can get my act together.
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 11:44:06 am »

PTW, and possibly posting pony later if I can get my act together.
Same as pinky up there.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 07:52:46 pm »

This is a character entry by my dad, who wanted to join the game.
Character Name: Grumblebluster
Mane Color (If Applicable): Mauve
Coat Color: French Racing Blue
Kind of Pony: P
Cutie Mark: Rolling gusts of wind
Description/Background: Grumblebluster is a pegasus from Cloudsdale. He is a somewhat strongly built stallion. He is quite cantankerous, persnickety, and obtuse. As a job he is a wind wrangler, working above Ponyville, stopping any uncontrolled gusts. Whenever wind is troublesome, they just call for Grumblebluster. In Cloudsdale he is known for braking wild wind better than anypony else around.
Talents: He is a master at creating and controlling wind.
Proposed Bonuses: +1 in dodging rolls, -1 in conversation/persuasion rolls
Text Color: Blue
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 09:34:35 pm by CyberUrist »

Andal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 08:00:04 pm »

Okie dokie lokie, let's do this!

Character Name: Thale Cress (Cress to friends and acquaintances)

Mane color: Light green

Coat color: White

Kind of Pony (E, P or U): U

Cutie Mark: A plant cell

Description/Background: A lean, scrawny unicorn with a disheveled mane that sticks out in all directions, Thale Cress is a researcher obsessed with cataloging and breeding the plant life of Equestria, both magical and mundane. He is best described as eccentric, scatterbrained and driven. Hailing from Canterlot, he was born into a family of merchant ponies who own several plant nurseries across Equestria. He attended Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, but barely graduated due to abysmal grades in several subjects (notably history, literature and manners) and a rumored incident that purportedly involved growing a large carnivorous plant in a seldom frequented but well-lit dormitory bathroom. He now supports his research by breeding new and stunning ornamental flowers, which also funds his frequent plant collection and discovery expeditions around the world. His passion for plant oddities, however, leads his neighbors to avoid his backyard greenhouse at all costs, and there are whispers of strange shadows seen moving and growing within on moonlit nights.

Talents: Plant-related magic, mainly pertaining to plant growth and health, and an encyclopedic knowledge of obscure plant trivia.

Proposed Bonuses: +1 in magic and plant related rolls, -1 in conversation/persuasion/social interaction rolls.

Text Color: Lime Green

Lemme know if anything needs changes/clarifications.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 08:21:52 pm by Andal »
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 09:31:45 pm »

Super accepted! Both bonuses taken up. Welcome aboard. I would add my own pony who is me, but I am the GM and I plan to show up later in the game, hint hint. As well, he is not fully-developed yet. I'm using him in a fanfic (that I haven't finished even the first chapter of).

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 09:37:22 am »

Oh, I forgot to mention, I will be posting for Grumblebluster.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:21:35 am by CyberUrist »

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 12:42:08 pm »

Your dad wants to play in your pony rtd? Just how cool is that! :D

Is this going to be combat centered or more like story/adventuring/partying/baking related? Just wondering whether one should prepare for violence or cupcake baking.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Andal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 12:45:17 pm »

Is this going to be combat centered or more like story/adventuring/partying/baking related? Just wondering whether one should prepare for violence or cupcake baking.

This is a good question. If you want some player feedback, I'd prefer lighthearted to grimdark (plenty of that in other RTDs), but that's your decision and I'm in for the ride regardless.

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 01:02:19 pm »

Definitely no grimdark. I might have DF-style 'sailing of in an arc', but those will be readily healable, because everyone knows ponies are made of a candy/marshmallow like substance. Other things, on the other hand, could be rendered completely limbless by some good rolls. Also, there will be a good bit of action as well as 'Roll to bake cupcakes'. However, prepare for violence. Also, I will be adding a new detail in the main post.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 01:08:08 pm by CyberUrist »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 01:17:29 pm »

Well, let's see. I wouldn't mind participating in this here enterprise, if only to just try out a less combat-oriented game than usual. I don't have time to write up a proper sheet at the moment though. In short, I'd like to even out the initial trio with an earth pony, specifically an eccentric male earth pony blacksmith named Bulat Ironwither. Dark orange-ish gray coat, black mane and (short-cut) tail. Cutie mark is a steel-grey anvil with two red-hot horseshoes on it. Talents and stats later, when I return. If anyone else wants to jump in during that time, feel free, I don't mind waiting.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 01:40:25 pm »

As soon as you provide the sheet, the game will begin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6