Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making a custom animal extract, and a reaction to turn it into alcohol, help?  (Read 1280 times)

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How would I go about defining a custom extract from a animal that can be procured from a milker's workshop, then a reaction so that it can be converted to a custom, high value alcohol at a still?

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, so I've defined the material in a [OBJECT:MATERIAL_TEMPLATE] file, and added it to be milkable from specific castes of my creature. How to I make it so that this can be turned into a custom alcohol?

Brandstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Come hug me bro
    • View Profile

Files with [OBJECT:MATERIAL_TEMPLATE] are used to define templates, not individual items. If this is just a type of milk then all you have to do is copy the relevant milking tags from a cow and add it to your creature properly. You can even rename it to something without milk in the name if you want. You would probably want to leave out the cheese part of those tags, unless you want it to be able to be made into cheese as well. As for the reaction it has been a while since I made a custom one, but this page on the wiki should be helpful. Don't forget the milk you will be using in the reaction will be in a container, and will need some custom reagent tags.

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, essentially just a special type of milk, though I want different uses for different castes of this creature. Is it possible to define them separately like this?

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile

pretty simple...for example, the Mr. Farmy Robots in Deon's Wasteland have:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
with the workshop reaction:
and an old one I did (and later Crioca cleaned up) into adding Kefir to cow/sheep/goat milk is simply adding:
right underneath a creature's milk material
and then changing the first reagent in the mead reaction to:
   [REAGENT:honey:150:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:MEAD]
(mind...with this way, we had to add [REACTION_CLASS:MEAD] to the bees Honey material to actually be able to still make mead)
Your best is Deon's method...just change the names and copy into your new creature and reaction raws.

EDIT: Put that $#*% in Spoilers...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 11:49:54 am by JediaKyrol »

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Strange, using the first raws causes me to immediately get the alchol, rather than the product to turn into alcohol. Reaction's not turning up at the still, either.

EDIT: Now it's working properly, but the still won't give me the option to process my product.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:18:11 pm by Kaiser Reinhard »

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

that's...weird...

lemmie see your full creature, maybe it's something weird with placement.

It should work just slapped in there though...have no idea how you are getting the alcohol mat instead of the extract.

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No need, I'm already getting the extract, but there's no option to process it at the still.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you might have to gen a new world for the reaction to show up...as well as add it to your entity's permissions...(knew I forgot something...new reaction means new permission!)