Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Cat Fortress: 34.11 V0.4 Alpha Release  (Read 6273 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Cat Fortress:Wip
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 11:40:57 am »

[CLOTHING] and the proper clothes items. But he has those. Do cats have [INTELLIGENT]? and [EQUIPS]?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 12:49:34 pm »

Gah. Got two waves of 6-10 in a row and was powerless to produce that much clothing. Emotionless cats it is.

Or you could give them a reaction that lets them produce a lot of clothing at once...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 12:53:11 pm »

Gah. Got two waves of 6-10 in a row and was powerless to produce that much clothing. Emotionless cats it is.

Or you could give them a reaction that lets them produce a lot of clothing at once...
A cheap tool that you can buy/embark with called "Box of kitty clothes" and a reaction that will turn a box of clothes into 20 sets of shirts/pants/shoesX4(if they are still walking on 4s)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 01:24:32 pm »

A cheap tool that you can buy/embark with called "Box of kitty clothes" and a reaction that will turn a box of clothes into 20 sets of shirts/pants/shoesX4(if they are still walking on 4s)
That... Just might work. Might have to make that producible in fort mode though as well.  Also, funny vid.
[CLOTHING] and the proper clothes items. But he has those. Do cats have [INTELLIGENT]? and [EQUIPS]?
Also, yes they do. His cats were emotionless and had acid blood and adamantine skin though, so I don't think he noticed the missing clothes.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2012, 02:18:11 pm »

So apparently I can't embark with the boxes for some reason.
Spoiler: tool raws (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Entity file (click to show/hide)
Do they just not have a material or something silly like that?
Edit: Derp, yes they do. Adding metal mat now to see if it fixes. I didn't add reactions to produce these anyway.

Edit: Yesss, it works now. Might make them cheaper because copper material double the price, making the minimum 50 and 100.

I made the option for cloth and leather, because I figure maybe you want to make armor, or clothes that last forever, or maybe you feel you don't have enough points to devote to that, or maybe you want to armor tons of cats at once.

Edit: Never mind, making it hard mat keeps it cheaper anyay.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:26:47 pm by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2012, 02:24:19 pm »

on the tools add [HARD_MAT] this will make them from wood and stone I think? then you can

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2012, 02:47:01 pm »

Apparently the reaction isn't appearing in the custom workshop.
The errorlog says this.
Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction UNBOX_LEATHER
UNBOX_LEATHER:Unrecognized Item Token: TOOL_BOXOFLEATHER
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction UNBOX_CLOTH
UNBOX_CLOTH:Unrecognized Item Token: TOOL_BOXOFCLOTH
I'm not quite sure what that means. I've tried ITEM_TOOL_BOXOFCLOTH, TOOL_BOXOFCLOTH, and BOXOFCLOTH by itself, and they all give the same error. The tool and entity files are two posts up, so I do'nt think it's necessary to post them again.

Edit: Oh durr, forgot to show the reactions.

Spoiler: reactions (click to show/hide)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2012, 02:56:43 pm »

Your reactions should look like this

[REACTION:UNBOX_LEATHER]
   [NAME:Unbox Leather]
   [BUILDING:UNBOXER]
   [REAGENT:A:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BOXOFLEATHER:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:20:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:YAK:LEATHER]

[REACTION:UNBOX_CLOTH]
   [NAME:Unbox Cloth]
   [BUILDING:UNBOXER]
   [REAGENT:A:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BOXOFCLOTH:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:20:CLOTH:NONE:PLANT_MAT:GRASS_TAIL_PIG:THREAD] --- times this by 10000 or use a [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:10000]

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2012, 03:01:24 pm »

I can't thank you enough for all your help. This is sort of my first real modding project. Now for the bit where I build a fort and see if sieges are working properly.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 03:10:38 pm »

maybe you can thank me by testing out Regen? lmao Just kidding, Your very much welcome.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2012, 03:54:34 pm »

Well that's weird. The reaction still isn't showing up in the building. Nothing in the errorlog though.

Edit: AHA. I just had to assign a key to the order. It probably would have worked if I had a manager and ordered them to do it.

The new reactions.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 03:59:02 pm by Person »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2012, 03:56:32 pm »

oops forgot this
   [BUILDING:UNBOXER:NONE]

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2012, 04:00:38 pm »

I keep not refreshing and figuring it out 3 minutes after you post. This is pretty amusing. I suppose giving it no key would work as well, but having a key is probably better in case I ever add boxes of say.... Wood, stone, or bars.

Edit: Oh, it has no hotkey anyway. Well, okay then.
Pages: 1 [2] 3