Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Cat Fortress: 34.11 V0.4 Alpha Release  (Read 6233 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cat Fortress: 34.11 V0.4 Alpha Release
« on: June 05, 2012, 12:27:53 am »

With the help of a few people, I've created a mod of dwarf fortress where you play as cats instead of dwarves.
They're still alcohol dependent, and all weapons have been scaled down. There may be balance issue, but we'll work those out as we go along. All mega and semi megabeasts except forgotten beasts/titans are removed for now, because they wipe out entire civs. Normal sentient civs are removed, except for kobolds. The game plays normally for the most part, and there are two hostile civs. No other friendlies right now, but that may change. I've started work on a much harder hostile enemy. Try it out and let me know if you find anything that seems off.
Link: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6621
To install, delete your existing raws and replace them. I may or may not do some work to separate the files eventually, but that's probably a bit far off.

Spoiler: Civs (click to show/hide)
Latest Changes:
Ranged weapons weakened for balance reasons.
Enemies siege sooner!
Boxes of metal added! Unbox them for random bars!
Minor bugfixes.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 12:24:58 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Cat Fortress:Wip
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 02:03:36 am »

Sufferinf from isnomia atm. Did you make sure "ALL" weapons that "CATS" can use have had their MINIMUM_SIZE and TWO_HANDED sizes altered correctly?

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 02:08:54 am »

Yeah, they use weapons fine, I checked. Maybe I just missed crossbows somehow.
Yes, yes I did. ;p Fixed now.
Edit: Hmmm. I'm not quite sure how to reduce the size of armor. Normally it's automatic right?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:12:21 am by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 02:10:54 am »

maybe ;) if a critter can't  equip something, it's probally because  it's too big

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 02:13:05 am »

I fixed crossbows, now it's just a matter of getting clothing working.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 02:14:44 am »

Is it in their entity? civvies only wear clothing that is COMMON/FORCED to their entity

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 02:34:27 am »

All of it's common in the entity. So it must be a matter of size, which I don't know how to mod. Is there a particular ratio?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:38:05 am by Person »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 02:39:21 am »

clothing and armor should be made to fit by the entity. What is your entity? post in a spoiler'd code'd reply

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 03:35:25 am »

Nothings really heavily modded.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 03:40:50 am »

odd from what I seen they should wear clothes

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 03:52:47 am »

But yet, they don't have them on embark. I supposed until someone gets some sort of clever idea, I'm going to make them emotionless which will make them not care anyway. but while I'm at this, I'm going to make some armor and see if they wear it.

Well that's interesting. As an experiment I embarked with 7 alpaca wool vests. They all immediately went to Pickup Equipment, but started with nothing else. So I suppose you're going to have to spend a lot on cloth if I don't do the workaround. Clothsmaking would have been important anyway with how fast cats breed. ;p So basically, they wear clothes but don't spawn with any. Very interesting indeed....

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 03:57:20 am »

I can see cats farming cotton

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 04:18:10 am »

Ahahahahah. I just remembered cats have 4 feet. No wonder they're wearing 4 shoes. This complicates things slightly eheheh. Actually, now that i think of it, is wearing shoes on SOME of your feet enough to remove the bad thought?
Edit: Nope. 2/4 shoes isn't good enough. Thankfully it's just the one thought, because all 3 at once is far worse. The kitties are still generally ecstatic.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 04:27:40 am by Person »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 06:13:51 am »

Gah. Got two waves of 6-10 in a row and was powerless to produce that much clothing. Emotionless cats it is.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 08:30:30 am »

So what triggers playable creatures spawning already wearing clothing in fortress mode?
I am mostly sure that the other guy doing his own cat fortress minimod managed to get things working fine.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange
Pages: [1] 2 3