Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Your personal favorite vermin  (Read 3327 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Your personal favorite vermin
« on: June 05, 2012, 05:23:53 am »

These tiny, blinking buggers that either annoy you or get killed by cats. What's your favorite ? Or are you truly a heartless overlord and hate all vermin equally ?

In my case, lungfishes because they can swim, walk AND fly over cascads (also i like the word "lungfish" for some reason, i think it's pretty easy on the tongue).

Also, two-legged rhino lizards. Mostly because they're the main vermin I tend to encounter, playing only in savage biomes. And they look cool and endearing as well !
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 05:25:49 am by Naryar »

Zale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your personal favorite vermin
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 06:43:01 am »

That is one stupidly adorable lizard.

It's taking all my willpower to not start creating pictures of them in funny hats.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 06:56:36 am »

I just had an image of rhino lizard X fluffy wambler fanfic. I blame the internet.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 07:15:12 am »

@Lagslayer

It's taken me about 5 minutes to guess what that could mean... (And I'm not certain)
You might say you blame the internet, I'd say you visit the wrong places.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 07:20:58 am »

I swear, I never meant to see these things. You think you are going to read an article about a respectable topic, and you end up getting redirected to 4chan or something.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 07:25:19 am »

rhino lizard X fluffy wambler fanfic

oh armok whyyyyy

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 08:08:46 am »

Spiders.  Industrious little critters, resourceful, and just pretty neat in general... I'm biased by real world spiders.

It still blows my mind that spiders invented taking their own air underwater way before humans did, and their version still works better than ours does.  Automatic, no power required CO2 scrubbing and oxygen replenishment... sheesh.  It's like spiders just allow us to think we're the smart ones while they laugh behind our backs and go on about the business of being awesome.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 08:13:15 am by weenog »
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 09:51:26 am »

Spiders.  Industrious little critters, resourceful, and just pretty neat in general... I'm biased by real world spiders.

It still blows my mind that spiders invented taking their own air underwater way before humans did, and their version still works better than ours does.  Automatic, no power required CO2 scrubbing and oxygen replenishment... sheesh.  It's like spiders just allow us to think we're the smart ones while they laugh behind our backs and go on about the business of being awesome.

Spiders indeed, are awesome.  :P Did you know there's a variety of ant that does a similar thing? they make hives below the high tide level, and have chambers designed to trap air when the hive floods.  :o

OT: I'm going to say bumblebees, there's nothing quite like sending your axelords out to fight a siege, and in the middle of all the carnage "Urist Mcsissy has been stung by a bumblebee!"
I also just had a human diplomat enter from the surface, hold a meeting, then exit the map via hell.... I guess he thinks he's pretty hardass.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 10:44:54 am »

Those are awesome spiders. Anyway, I'd go for ants. Their are species of ants which can weave nests with leaves in the trees or, when the area of the hive threathen to be flooded form a living raft. To be fair, not all of them survive, but they can create some quite large structures.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 11:49:36 am »

You know what i would love? Evolution *runs away at haste* :P. But on topic, so far i'd say Bats, if only because, well, there bats, and because of this. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108229.15 Hush, no more needs to be said. Also, this is a rather interesting side slant, which i can smell could easily become a dual road, so please continue about amazing animal trivia.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 02:07:41 pm »

Also, two-legged rhino lizards. Mostly because they're the main vermin I tend to encounter, playing only in savage biomes. And they look cool and endearing as well !
I always imagined those lizards are miniature two legged rhino's.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 02:15:14 pm »

Green tree frog. Herp derp.

Toads are awesome, too, for multiple reasons.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 05:57:02 pm »

Bees hands down. Some bees are smart enough to know that they can't fight bigger animals like wasps.

Instead, they do this.

Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Trickman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 02:53:01 am »

Having a favourite vermin is like having a favourite STD ::)
This is a plain text forum signature. All typedwarfship is of the finest quality. It menaces with sentences of plain text.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 02:58:47 am »

Either bees or two-legged rhino lizards. Bees for their usefulness, the lizards for being adorable and pretty cool.
Pages: [1] 2 3