Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Terraformer (No not that one) suggestion game  (Read 5471 times)

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
Terraformer (No not that one) suggestion game
« on: June 05, 2012, 05:47:08 pm »

Sol was destroyed by humanity 100,000 years ago in a hopeless war against an alien menace. However while humanity now is extinct so is said alien race. After the sun detonation 4 robots returned to see if any alien ships could have their cores removed. They succeeded in discovering that this race use to have jumpdrives but lost them, they also found out these ships had the last of their kind.

This is where you come in 36 AI ships were sent out to colonize solar systems. From their they launched survey probes to other systems to find suitable planets. 99,250 Years later a system (not an original system though) launched you to begin terraforming a system that had an order somewhat like this:
Sun
Venus like 2005 Earth Mass 99% Earth size
Venus like 50% Earth Mass 150% Earth size (unstable possible)
Mars like your selected planet 102% Earth mass 99% Earth size
Asteroid Belt (not surveyed)
Jovian moons not surveyed
Jovian moons not surveyed
Massive Asteroid Belt (not Surveyed)
Barren 150% mass 100% size
Barren 300% mass 60% size
Asteroid Belt largest (not surveyed)

Asteroids minerals unknown

goal terraform 3rd planet from sun
Assests:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ships due to arrive in the next 200 hundred years
50 asteroid miners
10 forges
10 constructors
10 factories

200 canisters containing spare parts

Any message to the system we come from from will take 150 years + However long it takes to accelerate to .2c + 750 years

OOC: (moderately hard sci-fi, played at 200 year intervals for now, ships that arrive during the next 200 years can be used during the turn)

The order of arrival is 5 miners, 1 forge, 1 constructor, 1 factory in that order 10 times over 200 years

You have 15,000 years

Right now you have every single gene humanity managed to scrape of of Earth before they died. There are no humans left at all cryo or otherwise, nor any other creatures thought you can make them.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 08:29:08 am by SoHowAreYou »
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Terraformer (No not that one) suggestion game
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 05:50:40 pm »

OOC: Wait, if I'm reading this right we're a completely cybernetic civilization, AI's, Robots, no fleshy organics. Why do we need to terraform and for who?

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 05:51:53 pm »

Knew I forgot something

You are reintroducing humans

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 05:53:47 pm »

I say we override our orders, use the native materials to replicate ourselves, and claim the planet for ourselves. When the biologicals arrive, we can be friends rather than servants.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 05:55:19 pm »

I say we override our orders, use the native materials to replicate ourselves, and claim the planet for ourselves. When the biologicals arrive in 200 year, we can be friends rather than servants.

Suddenly a voice in the back of your proccesor say, "Quit that."

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 05:58:42 pm »

Also you won't be subservient, you will be the leader while they set up and later the president of sorts then finally an equal.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 11:03:19 pm »

So... What can we currently do?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 03:39:31 am »

Have survey ships survey everything. Hub goes into high orbit around 3rd planet. Spend the 200 years the turn overriding your directive to recreate humans, reprogramming yourself if necessary.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 07:24:31 am »

So... What can we currently do?

Survey the planets especially considering, though you guys shouldn't know this yet, there are no organic compounds in system. Also you can use the incoming ships they just won't be fully effective.

Have survey ships survey everything. Hub goes into high orbit around 3rd planet. Spend the 200 years the turn overriding your directive to recreate humans, reprogramming yourself if necessary.

The other AI will not be amused considering they actually had a choice because the fleet originally had no directive to restore humanity they decided as they expanded that restoring humanity would be a good idea or at least a moral one.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 07:28:00 am »

overriding your directive to recreate humans, reprogramming yourself if necessary.

+1

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 07:32:34 am »

overriding your directive to recreate humans, reprogramming yourself if necessary.

+1

...Fine, just don't blame me when the support system starts sending warships, because you have to send a copy of yourself to them, so when they find out you die, or if you destroy the transmitters you die because warships will be sent to investigate, and new ships and route will be hostile

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 07:37:00 am »

+1

...Fine, just don't blame me when the support system starts sending warships, because you have to send a copy of yourself to them, so when they find out you die, or if you destroy the transmitters you die because warships will be sent to investigate, and new ships and route will be hostile
1. Lowest orbit around sol as safeky possible
2. Wait for a flare
3. Override directives, hope the copy gets lost in transmission due to flare interference
4. Out of here, to a random other solar system. There are millions of systems, the chance they find us is minimal. Tracking is really hard to do in space.

However I would go for:

-Hub in mars orbit,
- 10 surveyors scan the inner system planets for resources and check the state of the sun. Flares are dangerous
-30 surveyors slowly move outwards, scanning the system as they go along;

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 07:43:43 am »

Good a non-suicidal guy, but what do you want to do with the arrivals because the first one arrives in 2.5 years.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 07:51:29 am »

Have them set up an industrial complex on the High density Venus like planet.

Mines, large solar power facilities and industry and such in orbit.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 07:53:42 am »

O.K. 10ebbor10 and anyone else turn will be up in a few minutes.

You set up orbit around the mars like, 10 surveyors inward 30 outwards, Here is the report:

Sun relatively stable low chance of flares and certainly not high enough for any electronics you have to short circuit unless you get close in which case that is the least of your problems.

First venus like has a good number of metals, some like lithium which can be used for fusion, others like iron and cold and some carbon that can be used in industry.

Second venus is pretty for in usable metals however there are stable high atomic number elements within.

Mars like pretty much same geology as Earth though somewhat colder. Nitrogen, carbon, water, oxygen, and hydrogen all appear in various quantities.

Asteroid belt, lots of frozen water and other compounds thought while there is some there is not an abundence of metal.

First Jovian like has 15 moons 12 of which are like Io though 3 are like Europa. Metal in moderate quantities on Io likes

Second Jovian 30 Moons that are all barren with various degrees of metal on them.

Second asteroid belt has lots of metal on very large planetoids as well as smaller asteroids with metal.

First Barren lots of metals like iron and such.

Second Barren of course has a ton of gravity (no pun intended) which will make highly difficult to develop without specialized mining.

Final Asteroid Belt Even more rich in planetoids with metal.

The industry setup goes well, the AI have a good amount of experience on Venus likes with higher gravity, no solar generation is required because you have compact fusion, the miners deploy on planet and send up their  space elevator shafts, to factories in orbit.

Assests
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Arrivals
5 synthesizers to make life.
20 more miners
10 more factories
5 more constructors
10 more foundries
20 research ships to help you terraform and make technology for the humans.

Also if you think that went well that's because for your first turn everything succeeded
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 08:30:19 am by SoHowAreYou »
Pages: [1] 2 3