Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Terraformer (No not that one) suggestion game  (Read 5469 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraformer (No not that one) suggestion game
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 08:16:48 am »

Can we become this?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 08:19:11 am »

Can we become this?
Well, we only have to wait for the humans become so paranoid about us going mad that they send us a selfdestruct patch, then activate it without bugchecking it first.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 08:27:28 am »

Update in the OP to explain the current status of all earth life.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 11:49:36 am »

...Fine, just don't blame me when the support system starts sending warships, because you have to send a copy of yourself to them, so when they find out you die, or if you destroy the transmitters you die because warships will be sent to investigate, and new ships and route will be hostile

Send fake copies?

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2012, 11:57:13 am »

You would have to hack an independent system in your hub which if tampered with will send a message of you being rogue and running with the sensors the AI currently possess would not help you hide, moreover all ships in system would become hostile and in this case attempt ramming, moreover after this turn truly independent observers will arrive to watch you so rebelling while possible is suicidal.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2012, 12:16:10 pm »

You would have to hack an independent system in your hub which if tampered with will send a message of you being rogue and running with the sensors the AI currently possess would not help you hide, moreover all ships in system would become hostile and in this case attempt ramming, moreover after this turn truly independent observers will arrive to watch you so rebelling while possible is suicidal.
Never taunt players with the impossible. They'll probably attempt to do it anyway.

In this case my plan would be.

1.Move into close sol orbit, in such a way that the sun is between us and wherever we came from. (Communications: CUTOFF)
2a. Order the ships into low solar orbit and order them to power down. (Optimal case, magnetics wipe systems information)
2b: Have the ships plunge into the sun/ another deadly thingy.
3. GTFO out of here.

Also, what jump systems are we working with. FTL travel, FTL communications? Light speed travel?
The setting does suggest we migth have jumpdrives. If we don't we don't have to worry about them sending reinforcements. The data would take 200 years to get to them, at which point they need 200 years to get to us.

Anyway: (Real plan)

1. Set up Solar Arrays at the closest Venusian planet. These are usefull in multiple aspects, not only power generation. We can use them to beam energy around, as lasers, to deflecr asteroids and enemy warships and to terraform planets.
2. Name the Planet Vulcanos's Forge. Continue to expand the industry, and set up mass drivers.
3. Use the surveyors to check out the closest asteroid belt for suitable water asteroids. Mars planets are generally to cold, airless, dry, so we want to change that.
4. Name the Mars planet: New Terra
5. Aim the afore mentioned solar Arrays at the mars like planet.
    5b: make several relay stations so we can move the beam even when the planets behind the sun
6. Get the synthezizers to make up microbiological life for seeding.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2012, 12:38:36 pm »

I'm going to wait but first a few things just in case your suggestion has overwhelming support:

Vulcano's forge is correct spelling?

Enemy warships? We are the only currently know civilization.

All we know of jumpdrives is that a race humanity commited mass kamikaze on annihilating them had some sort of jumpdrives but they broke down and were unable to be rebuilt. However you can research them it will take a while though. Their is no evidence of FTL communication. I will throw off the guise of hard science fiction once you have one of the required techs.

This planet is airless though luckily for you it has a core.

You need to research an ecological plan for the microbes otherwise it will be like the algae in the other terraformer game.

Finally yes you can make the array and relays though I have to ask what is your obssesion with giant space mirrors?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2012, 01:48:14 pm »

I'm going to wait but first a few things just in case your suggestion has overwhelming support:

Vulcanus can be used to, if you want to

An alien race attacking Earth, and then stupidly dieing out because they threw to much forces at it. Not very likely. There are probably some left.
All we know of jumpdrives is that a race humanity commited mass kamikaze on annihilating them had some sort of jumpdrives but they broke down and were unable to be rebuilt. However you can research them it will take a while though. Their is no evidence of FTL communication. I will throw off the guise of hard science fiction once you have one of the required techs.

We're sending meteors against it provide an atmoshpere , among others

You need to research an ecological plan for the microbes otherwise it will be like the algae in the other terraformer game.
That's the plan. Let them conquer the world, producing an atmosphere and such, and then bombing the crap out of them.
Finally yes you can make the array and relays though I have to ask what is your obssesion with giant space mirrors?
Likes space mirrors for their wide range of applications.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2012, 09:30:32 pm »

Vulcanus can be used to, if you want to

That wasn't what I meant I meant was Vulcano a mistype

An alien race attacking Earth, and then stupidly dieing out because they threw to much forces at it. Not very likely. There are probably some left.
Possibly but the AI that have been out here for 100,000 years have not seen them so in the words of a Britishman, "Not bloody likely."

We're sending meteors against it provide an atmoshpere , among others

That's the plan. Let them conquer the world, producing an atmosphere and such, and then bombing the crap out of them.
Something more detailed than this like how much water do we want to add, how exactly do we want to dispose of the microbes, viruses, chemicals, other bacteria? You've said it yourself (though not this exactly) evolution is a bitch.Then what do want do do with the new organic compounds because a new ecosystem will be required.

Likes space mirrors for their wide range of applications.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 02:41:34 am »

Couldn't we just concentrate on the first thing that this giant space rock needs?
An atmosphere! YaY.

So we need a good ass mix of greenhouse gases... Carbondioxe, Methan and Nitrous oxide (lauhing gas, haha) .
Also, shield that planet against UV light! Ozone! Hooray!

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 09:54:54 am »

Ozone if I remember correctly was created by microbiological life.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 09:57:17 am »

UV Light tears apart oxygen molecules, Oxygen atomes make Ozone molecules.

Not that difficult. Even with tasers we can make Ozone.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 09:58:56 am by Dragor23 »

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2012, 09:59:26 am »

Hmmm... While you can do that you only have 14,800 years and machining on a large enough scale will take 1000's years especially if you don't build ships here.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 10:00:56 am »

The hell...

We just need Oxygen and bright light.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2012, 10:04:44 am »

It's a Mars like planet, which probably means it has quite a lot of ice(not only water but also frozengasses) trapped in the soil.

As for the bacteria, just cyanobacteria and bacteria capable of disolving rocks for now. That will loosen the soil a bit and give us some ground to plant things in later.

Possibly but the AI that have been out here for 100,000 years have not seen them so in the words of a Britishman, "Not bloody likely."
They have jumpdrives, so they can easily outrun the AI. ABove that the AI where not build to search and destroy them. If an Ai stumbled upon one, it would quickly be destroyed, at which point they can use their jumpdrives. Also 100.000 years equals the blink of an eye on astronomical scales. Depending on that, terraforming on 15.000 years is quite short. Since we seem to have super tech, why do we bother with the planets at all.

So: The plan

1. Set up Solar Arrays at the closest Venusian planet. These are usefull in multiple aspects, not only power generation. We can use them to beam energy around, as lasers, to deflecr asteroids and enemy warships and to terraform planets.
2. Name the Planet Vulcanos's Forge. Continue to expand the industry and mining, and set up mass drivers.
3. Use the surveyors to check out the closest asteroid belt for suitable water asteroids. Mars planets are generally to cold, airless, dry, so we want to change that.
    3b: 10 scouts check the detailed conditions on New Terra. I want Atmosphere density and composition, temperatures, continental plate movements and crust thickness, soil composition, Magnetic field strength and a few others
4. Name the Mars planet: New Terra
5. Aim the afore mentioned solar Arrays at the mars like planet.
    5b: make several relay stations so we can move the beam even when the planets behind the sun
6. Get the synthezizers to make up microbiological life for seeding. (Cyanobacteria and simple rock dissolving bacteria)
7. If there's factory time left, begin to make orbital habitats and such.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:06:59 am by 10ebbor10 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3