Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Terraformer (No not that one) suggestion game  (Read 5470 times)

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
Re: Terraformer (No not that one) suggestion game
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2012, 10:08:33 am »

I didn't include mass molecule creation and besides while you can create ozone with that method it might be wiser to use microbiological life but I going to keep this open so I am not going to tell you the consequences of using high energy to do this. So turn will be up soon hopefully.

I do have plans for aliens in this game and while 15,000 years is short it isn't as short as 2 years in the other thread. Consensus on using high energy blast to create ozone or biological life to create ozone.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2012, 10:10:25 am »

It's a Mars like planet, which probably means it has quite a lot of ice(not only water but also frozengasses) trapped in the soil.

As for the bacteria, just cyanobacteria and bacteria capable of disolving rocks for now. That will loosen the soil a bit and give us some ground to plant things in later.

Enemy warships? We are the only currently know civilization.
An alien race attacking Earth, and then stupidly dieing out because they threw to much forces at it. Not very likely. There are probably some left.
Possibly but the AI that have been out here for 100,000 years have not seen them so in the words of a Britishman, "Not bloody likely."
They have jumpdrives, so they can easily outrun the AI. ABove that the AI where not build to search and destroy them. If an Ai stumbled upon one, it would quickly be destroyed, at which point they can use their jumpdrives. Also 100.000 years equals the blink of an eye on astronomical scales. Depending on that, terraforming on 15.000 years is quite short. Since we seem to have super tech, why do we bother with the planets at all.

So: The plan

1. Set up Solar Arrays at the closest Venusian planet. These are usefull in multiple aspects, not only power generation. We can use them to beam energy around, as lasers, to deflecr asteroids and enemy warships and to terraform planets.
2. Name the Planet Vulcanos's Forge. Continue to expand the industry and mining, and set up mass drivers.
3. Use the surveyors to check out the closest asteroid belt for suitable water asteroids. Mars planets are generally to cold, airless, dry, so we want to change that.
    3b: 10 scouts check the detailed conditions on New Terra. I want Atmosphere density and composition, temperatures, continental plate movements and crust thickness, soil composition, Magnetic field strength and a few others
4. Name the Mars planet: New Terra
5. Aim the afore mentioned solar Arrays at the mars like planet.
    5b: make several relay stations so we can move the beam even when the planets behind the sun
6. Get the synthezizers to make up microbiological life for seeding. (Cyanobacteria and simple rock dissolving bacteria)
7. If there's factory time left, begin to make orbital habitats and such.

Just wanted to mention it.  :P

Also, right now, we don't really need the Ozone.
I stick to ebbors plan.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:12:51 am by Dragor23 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2012, 10:11:59 am »

Yes I know. But the first was an overstatement. They do have some atmosphere, and we might want to know wherether or not it's poisonous.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2012, 10:15:20 am »

Yes I know. But the first was an overstatement. They do have some atmosphere, and we might want to know wherether or not it's poisonous.

Yup, poisonous gases can really ruin someone the day.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2012, 10:39:32 am »

I'm going with bacteria but for lols I tell you what might have happened at the end of the turn.

Above Vulcano's Forge constructors begin construction of a massive reflective surface. 74/100 construction goes smoothly

The newly named forge increases industry. 55/100 construction could go better two miners had kinks in their plates and will need to be repaired.

88/100 In the asteroid belt nearest massive chunks of ice, carbon, and nitrogen are located and quickly and efficiently moved into orbit ready to be dropped when the terraformer main AI (you) deams nessecary. More can be found and moved.

On New Terra the new solar array is aimed and 78/100 fired at the planet warming it up, about 5 ocean however it lacks greenhouse gasses so the array will need to be constantly on it.

Atmosheric density: If your in 300 foot deep canyon its a quarter of being on top of Everest.
Composition: Low methane though plenty of carbon and even some traces of oxygen. No real poisons that can't be easily dealt with.

The Bacteria are created: 77/100 (you guys have pretty nice luck) The bacteria are obligate anaerobe so that will solve some problems of disposal, moreover the soil turns out to be modestly nitrogen rich so I took the liberty of creating fixers.

Temprature usually is freezing 32 F or for you Metric users 0C

Low plate movemont shouldn't be a problem.

crust thickness 20 miles

soil isn't to badly packed.

magnetic field is strong enough for the task at hand.

Relay stations: 49/100 1 constructor is destroyed and three more are damage by accidently crossing the main beam.

You manage to make 2,000,000 worth of humans in comfortable positions though more if not, however atmosphere is not their yet.

Assets in a minute: 5 synthesizers to make life.
70 miners 2 damaged
20 factories
14 constructors 3 damaged
20 foundries
20 research ships to help you terraform and make technology for the humans.
40 surveyors that return to hub
1 hub
200 spare parts canisters

Arrivals:
50 research ships
10 Warships
2 observers
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:44:26 am by SoHowAreYou »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2012, 01:05:02 pm »

Posting to watch.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2012, 01:08:36 pm »

This thing died but if you want back all you guys need to post and I will start again.
Pages: 1 2 [3]