Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: prone to rage question  (Read 2134 times)

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
prone to rage question
« on: May 30, 2012, 03:52:19 am »

So i got a question. If i add prone_to_rage (maybe even with :1000) to an intelligent creature (dwarf or any custom civilization) will it go to rage then seeing an enemy if i add personality traits like "never become angry" and "little emotionality"?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: prone to rage question
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 08:28:29 am »

Yup, I use PRONE_TO_RAGE:5000 for pretty much garenteeed insta rage, pretty sure nothing can stop the PTR tag

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 09:14:36 am »

So if my dwarf has "never becomes angry" and all other traits of SANE dwarf (though its oxymoron:) ) but has prone_to_rage then it will have all the bonuses he needs in a fight but will never attack fellow dwarfs? :) Now i know which reaction i want in a psychologist workshop:) Only question is how to change soul with interaction now:)

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 11:20:26 am »

So if my dwarf has "never becomes angry" and all other traits of SANE dwarf (though its oxymoron:) ) but has prone_to_rage then it will have all the bonuses he needs in a fight but will never attack fellow dwarfs? :) Now i know which reaction i want in a psychologist workshop:) Only question is how to change soul with interaction now:)

[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:ANGER:0:0:START:0]

does this work?
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 11:35:54 am »

ANGER is not a Physical attibute. so no, and I it's not a Mental one either. It is a personality it trait. WHich I think is unchangeable at the moment (had a simliar Idea with special mage training workshops)

So you can either have the dwarf have PRONE_TO_RAGE and live with it, or leave it off.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 03:13:45 am »

Anyway PRONE_TO_RAGE is a good thing to have for a dwarf as i see it:)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 09:18:50 pm »

ANGER is not a Physical attibute. so no, and I it's not a Mental one either. It is a personality it trait. WHich I think is unchangeable at the moment (had a simliar Idea with special mage training workshops)

Personality ranges are controlled in the creature raws by the tag:

[PERSONALITY:trait:x:y:z]

Where
trait is the name of thepersonality trait range to be modified
x is the lower bound of the range for that trait for that creature type (default, an lowest valid value, is zero)
y is the mean/average level of the trait for that species (default is 50)
and
z is the upper bound of the range for that trait for that creature type (default, an highest valid value, is 100)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 09:22:21 pm »

Personality ranges are controlled in the creature raws by the tag:

[PERSONALITY:trait:x:y:z]

Where
trait is the name of thepersonality trait range to be modified
x is the lower bound of the range for that trait for that creature type (default, an lowest valid value, is zero)
y is the mean/average level of the trait for that species (default is 50)
and
z is the upper bound of the range for that trait for that creature type (default, an highest valid value, is 100)
Ah by that I meant changed able by syndromes. It's either set in the creature like you mentioned and its like that for life

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 09:38:42 pm »

Speaking of rage, what does it actually do?
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 09:40:11 pm »

I think it gives a slight power boost and resistance to pain. also making the creature fearless

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 09:46:14 pm »

Thanks, Hugo. You're a cog.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.