Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think about the Mod Manager? (3 max)

I like the Slap Graphics and how I can pick out any pack that is supported
I like the Settings, change aspects of the mod at will
I like the Tileset Changer
Slap Graphics could use some more work
Not enough settings (if so, what?)
Tileset changer has some flaws (suggestions)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: [MAJOR]: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.5 out 14/08/13  (Read 71529 times)

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.0, New Poll
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2012, 08:27:16 pm »

I downloaded the most resent version of the mod and have noticed the urist shop is missing from the workshops options to build. I double checked furnaces, where is it supposed to be?

Edit: I checked the raws and tool shop and noticed I dont even have the option to build the assembly for the emporium, circle and geneforge
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 08:29:03 pm by Stronghammer »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.0, New Poll
« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2012, 08:29:48 pm »

Oh yeah I had removed that one, Just open up "entity_regen_dwarf.txt" and add "[" to the start of teh PERMITTED BUILDING:
REGEN_MUME

and the PERMITTED REACTION:
MAKE_MUME
I have added headers and the reaction is in "tool maker's shop"

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.1 Haw Yeah!!!!
« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2012, 10:15:03 pm »

Just released V1.1 so check the OP, has a few fixes and Dwarves have a cost system for crafting. Haven't really tested anything yet.. But it should all work just fine...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Checked the Poll, haha so far some have asked for the 28x36 Tileset, here is a preview of what it looks like atm:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Altho I will have to rework it, Since well DF and how things work require some tiles to be used more then once for alot of things, which kinda ruins my DF to EXILE feel

Exile is a old game made by Jeff Vogel, owner of Spiderweb Software. And these Tiles are property of him and his graphic designer.
This is from his "Blades of Exile Source Code" release.
It feels like I'm advertising his game :-\ but I have to credit his work, cause well, it sure aint mine.

EDIT:
But I'm a Noob at Tilesets, but Once I figure out all the Do's and Don'ts I'll be going fully Custom or atleast borrowing from alot of concepts.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 02:03:51 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Alright, large delay, and will be delayed quite a bit 2morrow as well. Buddy is coming back so we will probally do another Borderlands marathon, or something like that.

But I think I will start the castes for goblins or the "EVIL" entity and start some book writing, which will expand the Magic system greatly. Allowing mages to learn more spells that they can fling at whoever looks at them the wrong way.

I also have nothing to report on progress saddly, but I'm getting things mapped out.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey

I have gone through a lot of the custom reactions and havent really noticed any problems. However that said it would be nice to have a sort of tech tree to see what workshop does what, and what things come from were. Also would it be possible to make animals more useful. As right now other then meat shields and emergency rations they are a tad useless. Maybe have them give more stuff like when butcher more things that turn into more leather or when sheared they give more wool (or are sheared more frequently.). Other then that everything is great, though I am going to have to go through the geneforge as I have been trying everything else first. (a step guide to that would be handy too).

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

To make a Geneforge you need:
Discover Magma
Make a Metal Vat at the Tool Maker's Shop
Make steel bars at the smelter with it
Build Alchemy Lab
Obtain essence pods (most likely from trading)
combine Steel bars and Essence Pods at Alchemy Lab to make Pure Steel (50% chance)
take 20 pure steel bars, and 10 essences pods to the tool maker's shop
use Geneforge assembly to build Genforge
Send normal human to become a shaper.

Also don't forget to trade/bring some "large beetles" with you.

EDIT:
I can make faster shearing rates, maybe make them lay unsual eggs (items) for more usefulness?
I may also be able to add more layers of skin to the creature, like a cow or something, so when butchered would give more skins, I think that will work.
Perhaps up dog power? or have a special upgrade caste of dogs in which they are a tad bigger with higher stats?

EDIT2:
I may make a method of getting essence pods through bee farming. Edit: but that may allow all races to get this? might have to make a specially made bee like creature.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 01:53:54 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i like all of those ideas. also, it is humans with geneforge right? also how does one make the clockworks for dwarves.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 09:16:51 pm by Stronghammer »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Yup Geneforge is Human only, Clockworks for dwarves is made at "McUrists Mechanical Emporium"

In which it is:

Make MME at tool maker's shop
build MME
send normal dwarf to become a tinker
buy desired clockwork kit (costs varying amounts of gold and silver coins)
make a "action place"
set the alchemy labor for a tinker and use desired kit around a "power geode" which is born from "clockwork spiders"
clockwork spiders are made by transforming "large beetles" into them.

Warning results are not always gareented.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

awesome. Thanks

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Ok sorry for the long withdrawl of progress, I've been tangled with College stuff, which is alot of Paperwork. And work, and all the other excuses.

I've just managed to do some minor work, which is just bashing my head against generic insect materials. got a few bugs fixed, alot more needs to be done tho.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

Bad news Hugo. I will be taking a full hiatus from main internet and sticking to LAN only. I have personal issues that must be taken care of before i can focus on anything. In short, I'm going to try to grow up ??? I'll see you and regen when I return.

EDIT: Also forgot to metion that while im away I'll be working on a few things related to DF. Basically something that will pertain to deserts. So for now time to grab regen and go stir crazy 8)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 01:44:07 am by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews

Well done Hugo on bringing back this mod from the brink of death ^_^
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Took me a bit, and with some help from Sanure got it dragged out of the grave.

@Sanure
Also good luck with your journey to the elders, I know I managed to grow up too fast. Now I'm too old for most things lol like parties.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

quite a delay in a update, and not a very big one. I'm just fixing up Insect generic materials, then I will probally get on making the goblin castes. So invasions from them will never be the same everytime. Will have to rename them to something like.. I don't know, something that is evil sounding and very over-used.

so no more "Goblin Dark Fortress" probally be like "twisted/wicked/orcish/some LoTR Ref dark fortress"

But a issue I see is, I'm heading off to college very soon, So I will probally only be able to get a hotfix out. With some minor features. And try to work on it here and there.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15