Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think about the Mod Manager? (3 max)

I like the Slap Graphics and how I can pick out any pack that is supported
I like the Settings, change aspects of the mod at will
I like the Tileset Changer
Slap Graphics could use some more work
Not enough settings (if so, what?)
Tileset changer has some flaws (suggestions)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: [MAJOR]: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.5 out 14/08/13  (Read 72683 times)

Someone1214

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.1 Update, now with generic materials
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2013, 09:11:53 am »

I know this might be a thread necro, but when I downloaded the mod I found a bug. When I used the candlemaker's shop, after making five candles, 30,000 thread appeared in the shop.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.1 Update, now with generic materials
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2013, 01:56:52 pm »

Not quite sure if it's a necro when the owner was thinking of working on it again.

as for the thread explosion I found the issue, I had a bad ratio.
Basically it took 1/15000 of thread, and made 15000 for each 1/15000 piece of thread

and with a 50% chance of this I can see how that would get cluttered.

I was working on a Hotfix before I had to get tangled up in college work, but alas wasn't fast enough.
Got hung up on goblin castes. I'll see what I can comeup with now

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.1 (1.2 under way)
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2013, 02:51:38 am »

Hi Hugo here with Regen, been quite a bit but I am working on another update, and hope to get this mod rolling again. This is a basic start of the change log that got done, and have wrote out some things to do before I send out v1.2

V1.2
-Insect Materials done.
-Fixed worms, they now use stardardize materials now.
-Fixed Thread Explosions while making candles
-Goblins now have 3 castes (Goblin, Orc, and Troll) and are known as "vashta nerada" and are considered twisted.
-Added new spells:
--Berserk, makes a target go crazed attacking anything in sight for 500 ticks (5 seconds)
--Heal, increases the recuperation of a target for 1 second (100 ticks)
-Added new magic classes, and seperated a few current ones into classes too
--Fire, Mainly fire like spells but things like Berserk
--Ice, Ice/Water based magic wil also have slow and heal spells
--Earth, Earth(mud) and confusion/rooting spells will be in here.
--Darkness, Dark magic need not be for only the twisted beasts planned spells are:
---Mind spike, cause exstream pain to the minds of the weak
---Blind, blinds a group of attackers, making archers inable of shooting and making fighters have trouble hitting
---Life tap, heal yourself (or others) at the expense of your target
---Plague, give a contagious and dark sickness to your enemies, that gives terrible symptomes
---Shroud, give allies and self invisablity.
-Magic system for humans will be revamped (to be done)
-Dwarves will have access to magic from trading with humans
-Dwarves will have a magic based caste(s) (to be done)
-Goblinoids will have boss castes for invading !!FUN!! (to be done)
-Look into and make certain systems a bit easier/fix bugs (to be done)
--Making mages
--Making guardians
--Making tinkers
--Making dwarven machines
--making shaper creations
-Work on adv. mode stuff (to be done)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.2
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2013, 05:46:02 pm »

I am uploading V1.2 now, Somethings in the changelog are not done as of yet, but since this has been dead for a bit, an alpha that has a few more bits of fixes and features is better then None. There is still quite a bit that needs to be done, but it will be done.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.2 now with a little more !!FUN!!
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2013, 06:29:34 pm »

IT LIVES!!!!!! Glad to see work has resumed.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2013, 07:11:12 pm »

Yup, I'm doing a test fort now, probably will involve alot of debugging cheatery but I've been away from the project so long that a good test run might refresh my mind on what needs to be worked on, from the poll it's Magic and the goblins. I got a rough system for the goblins now, can expand on it now. And some new spells, got to expand on it more.

I almost thought I had overpowered something to an extent that the game refused to gen worlds when I tried making this world, but try 40 was the charm. I tend to find that outcast elves are a bit much to handle (as they tend to kill me alot) well onwards to create a human castle, and start a shaper labortory.

Also just reliazed, tree farming is broken due to all trees being standardized.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2013, 08:22:10 pm »

I just found out a full set of Pure Steel armor is the most redundant thing ever, it's so heavy you might as well use training dummies instead of people for soldiers because of the speed reduction. Weapons are fine. So I will be making pure steel only a weapon, tool forge-able

I also have to fix the farm-able trees issue, or add all the trees back in but have them use one generic wood type. Either/or.

Doing some modder god powers and allowing the easy use of making mages and shapers I find that the method works well enough, so now all I have to do is work on the seperate mage classes that have a progressive spell learning (new mages will only know the basics, then after time like every year, their spells become stronger or learn new ones)

that is one idea for magic, another would be writing/buying spell tomes for mages and having them read it, that will make it a bit more micro manage-y and annoying and probably overpowered by having your master mage learn all the spells in the game, altho is that not what a master mage would do? (I don't wish to have a one way trip to an ultimate army of mages, thats a bit much) so I plan on making it so mages need the use of their mouth to cast spells and add a "silence" spell that makes the mouth un-useable thus stopping mages.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2013, 08:26:28 pm »

Anyone up for making a new Regen succession fortress? I think it would disastrously amazing!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 03, 2013, 02:12:38 pm »

That would be quite a fun idea, allow me to make a quick fix with some missed issues before you start one up. Also:

I have created a new poll (since I got the majority of the last poll done) I hope to have a new course of action by the end of the week which to me is the 5th of april 2013.

I'll have an update on my progress later tonight.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 05, 2013, 04:23:27 pm »

Ok ended the Poll, I cast a blind vote and will be subtracting and the results are:

Magic:|
|
|
Trees:
Various Mage Classes to upgrade to
One mage class that "reads" books to learn spells
Both have annually upgrading spells
|
|
|
All vanilla trees back in, with farmable capability,
but they use "rough wood" for being cut (even cacti)

So I'm going to get a vanilla copy of DF so I can bring the trees back so you can  see maples and palms again
but the magic is a bit confusing since there was a tie between two concepts. Which leads me to think:

Humans, they have one mage class, but must learn more complex spells, but can master all.
Dwarves must choose one path of magic as they are more in tune with natural elements (water/ice, fire, earth) fire magic is a type of magic im just iffy on because of all the !!FUN!! it can cause, so I might start with a ember/fire pellet spell, which will work up to  fireball, then maybe a firestorm like spell. With a long cool down on fireball and firestorm. Since those will be very dangerous (might kill your own army by lighting the world on fire, or crash game due to too many temp/fire calculations) but fire pellet/ember will be like the ice/earth shot, more of a physical damage sort.

Also had plans for magic that kinda explodes, going to see how those work in adv. mode (since the arena doesn't respect tempatures as I would have hoped) so might see fire/ice runes, maybe even rooting spells. or even a corpse explosion idk, so many posibilites. And concepts to play with. Have to say magic is one of the more fun things to play with in this Mod, next to shaping/crafting units.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2013, 12:22:10 pm »

Ok I got a physical damaging fire spell made up which can strike targets with embers, but now I have a delemma for the magic system for humans if I got the route of "learning" magic from tomes/books, when I human upgrades to a mage, what will his starting spells be? Or will they have non at all and you have to scramble to get them to learn some. I figure dwarves will be easier since I'll just create castes respected for each element (Fire Dward, Ice Dwarf, Earth Dwarf) I think dwarves only need 3 castes because i'll just divvy up the different spells between the three castes.

So in a sense Humans are more of a challenge but have better mages.
Dwarves are more gear'd towards industry so magic is pretty much on auto flight
Once I flesh out this magic system I think I'll touch on 'Bolds again and maybe get on the Wiki
and do some updates to info

Anyone have any suggestions for Goblinoid Bosses? 

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2013, 01:03:37 pm »

Dwarves do have innate ability with elements so i could see them starting with a spell or seven. Humans should have to research spells first. Well, I'm Just a reaction crafter so what do i know. :D
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2013, 05:21:45 pm »

So far dwarves and humans will use the same learning trees until I find some more spells to cook up and toss into the world of Regen. But this is how it works:

Humans when turned into new mages know 2 spells:
-Blind
-Silence
Blind does as it says, makes a target unable to see (good all around) it lasts for 500 ticks which is half a DF day I think, but has a long cool down (3 days I think)
Silence is for opposing Mages (when I add spell casting castes to invaders) this will halt spells from any hostile spell caster (note invaders will have these spells too)

But humans must write/buy magical spell tomes, which are not always 100% chance of working probably a rough 40-60% if you're lucky. But anyways this is the learning tree for each tree of magic:

FireIceEarth
Level 1Level 1Level 1
Ember (physical damage)Icicle (physical damage)Mud Ball (physical damage)
Level 2Level 2Level 2
Ember Spray (physical damage)
Berserk (makes a target become crazed, gainning
extra str and def)
Ice Shards (physical damage)
Slow (reduces the speed of a target by
50%)
Mud Spray (physical damage)
Befuddle (confuses or makes a target dizzy)
Level 3Level 3Level 3
Ember Flurry (physical damage)
Fire Rune (places a rune of fire on the ground
under the target, activated by pressure
once activated releases a cloud of flames)

Fire Ball (projectile capable of igniting
a target or flammable surroundings
Ice Storm (physical damage)
Ice Rune (places a rune of ice on the ground
under the target, activated by pressure
once activated releases a cloud of frost)

Mind Freeze (causes the target to suffer
extreme pain in their brain)
Mud Slide (physical damage)
Heal (gives the target a boost in regenerative
abilities for a short time)

Root (makes a target unable to stand for a short time)

Now ever level is a year, level 1 is the start, but this is the cool thing. The level spell gets better until it is mastered by the time Level 2 starts, the same with level 2 spells they get better until mastered when Level 3 starts. It takes 3-4 to master a tree of magic. Every 3 months a spell gets better, either by faster casting rates or more targets. This Diagram will explain a little better:
Stage
Effect
1This is the starting stage, very slow to cast and mostly targets only 1 foe
2This is the second stage, casting time is reduced (lower cooldown) and very rarely adds another target (can hit more then one)
3This is the third stage, casting time is reduced (lower cooldown) and very rarely adds another target (can hit more then one)
4This is the forth stage, casting time is reduced (lower cooldown) and very mostly adds another target (can hit more then one)
5This is the final stage also new spells for the next level are ready at stage 1, cool down is greatly reduced, and gets an extra target
There is a 3 month period between stages,
where stage 1 is 0 months (new)
stage 2 is 3 months
stage 3 is 6 months
stage 4 is 9 months
and stage 5 is a year (12 months, finished)

Human mages are pretty keen are mastering the spells of a level before learning new ones, However dwarves only like to learn one tree of magic. And are more dedicated to that element, they might get a few more spells in the given tree, but humans can master all trees of magic and have a few extras like blind and silence.
But just because a dwarf cannot master all the magic, doesn't mean the things they can create are not just as impressive.

I was thinking of having dwarves just magically know all their spells, but it's easier for me just to make them share the humans learning trees for now.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2013, 09:49:18 pm »

Ok I have to disable fire/ice runes for now, they tend not to be working in the way I was hoping them to work. So took them out for now, Going to work on getting a method of learning these spells, then ripping that over to the dwarves in which I will add in their magic castes. Then I'll test it a bit make sure everything is fine and dandy, and V1.3 the big magic update will be released.

EDIT:
Also have to disable Berserk, as it seems to not be working right. That is 3 spells that are mal-functioning.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 10:12:56 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2013, 12:34:42 pm »

Alright dispite the 3 spells that refuse to work, I'm working on trying to get the unpacking of magic tomes so you can use them. I also made it so you can trade for Focus Crystals allowing magecraft fairly early (only fair as magic takes so long to master) but tomes of magic is very expensive and have a 30% chance of being destroyed when read so 1 tome won't do you, but if you are lucky it might train one of your mages. I made it so in the combat log you can see if they learned it or not by adding "TARGET_VERB" to the learning interaction.

I will uploading a update very soon, stay posted.

EDIT:

Both downloads are now updated to V1.3
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 12:49:30 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15