Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think about the Mod Manager? (3 max)

I like the Slap Graphics and how I can pick out any pack that is supported
I like the Settings, change aspects of the mod at will
I like the Tileset Changer
Slap Graphics could use some more work
Not enough settings (if so, what?)
Tileset changer has some flaws (suggestions)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: [MAJOR]: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.5 out 14/08/13  (Read 71721 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

guh... I need to stop dropping from existence....
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Soundsense is working with that mod?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yes, Soundsense does work with every mod. :)

EDIT:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:DIG_STONE_54]
[NAME:dig for anhydrite]
[BUILDING:QUARRY_REGEN:NONE]
[REAGENT:cart:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_WHEELBARROW:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:spade:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SHOVEL:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:90:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_WHEELBARROW:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:cart:NONE]
[PRODUCT:75:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SHOVEL:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:spade:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:ANHYDRITE]
[SKILL:MINING]
[SKILL:MASONRY]

You have two skills on all of these... that doesnt work. DF only accepts one of them. I cant remember if it is the first or the last skill, but its definetely only one skill. I tried to make one reaction using any medical skill for example, didnt work, always ended up using diagnose.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 10:14:39 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Should it work when playing human race fortress mode?

or working just with dwarfs?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Soundsense will always work. It is a completely independent third-party utility, I wouldnt even know how a mod can affect it. Yes, you can add custom-mod stuff, but no mod will change anything that is already included in soundsense.

So, in short: Yes, it will work.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Please make it compatible with Mayday tileset  :D

I can do that, Altho I'm having trouble finding the Tileset and Graphics If you can Link me to a download of it I'd be happy to try to get it working with Regen

It happens lol There is still adv. mode stuff waiting for you if you so choose to help with that still lol

EDIT:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:DIG_STONE_54]
[NAME:dig for anhydrite]
[BUILDING:QUARRY_REGEN:NONE]
[REAGENT:cart:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_WHEELBARROW:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:spade:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SHOVEL:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:90:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_WHEELBARROW:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:cart:NONE]
[PRODUCT:75:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SHOVEL:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:spade:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:ANHYDRITE]
[SKILL:MINING]
[SKILL:MASONRY]

You have two skills on all of these... that doesnt work. DF only accepts one of them. I cant remember if it is the first or the last skill, but its definetely only one skill. I tried to make one reaction using any medical skill for example, didnt work, always ended up using diagnose.

Takes the last Skill (order of events) I've just been too lazy to fix it (cause masonry is good enough for a quarry me thinks) because the other skill really doesn't kill the mod on runtime :P

Also thank you for answering the questions regarding Soundsense, I'd figure it'd work for all races because it reads events from the Gamelog.txt. I never use it but I've read up on it.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It happens lol There is still adv. mode stuff waiting for you if you so choose to help with that still lol

Ive been thru the adv reactions, so if i dont crash outta existence i "should" be adding a lot of stuff to it.

if there is anything specific i should work on first then send me a message. now to go play a bit of Warframe and pass out
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Alright well as you know I'm getting into alchemy and potion brewing, I'll probably get back to you on the spacifics but the gathering reactions might need to be altered a lot and/or removed (I know the stick gathering and maybe food will be good to keep.) but crafting needs quite a bit more :P also remember I got Skype (I know that you don't like it, but I've retired Mibbit for now)

Other news, I finally got my program to take a file, read it, alter it, and output it. But there is a hitch, it can't do it to the same file in the same location. So as a work around (too lazy to find a proper way of doing it) would be I will be making a "Regen Raws" and "Regen Data" foulders which will contain "templates" or in this case the originals of the raws, however I'll always upload with Ascii installed, but once I get this thing working in fine order all that needs to be done is run the mini program in the main foulder which will take the files it must alter from the Regen xxxx foulders change them, then slap them in where they are suppose to be.

Now since I am still new to Java (and to IO in general) saves will need to be altered by manual override (run program, copy 'raw' open your uncompressed save and overwrite the old raws in the save to apply the changes), Also since I'm going to be digging through the two to three graphic packs, it's going to take extra time for me to draw out a system that will let my program(s) work in a timely and correct fashion (make lists of files that have tiles changed, graphic files that need overridden, init settings, etc.) of course I would love for someone to make up a list of files that have tiles changed by mentioned before Graphic packs, however I'm quite anal about how things are lain out and done I'd probably tear it up or ignore it and make my own lists anyways.

Also Hopefully I'll be able to make a GUI so I don't need little java batch files to do my dirty work.

Ok so for the past few days I've been busy with company, so not going to lie the only thing that I've been tinkering with is the program atm, only cause I started 30 mins ago. But I have Phoebus and Ironhand downloaded (did I mention this already? Can't remember) gonna be some work remaking this mod (pretty much) but then again some of the new changes coming with the next Release of DF I might be doing it anyways. So onward with change.

EDIT:
So i'm doing the program in .NET I was hoping for Java since it crosses more OS systems but most that play DF on a mac use "Wine"? some sort of Windows virtual machine? Not sure never run a Mac, I just cannot figure it out. Anyways I'm on the right track for getting a nice "Take a file here, change it, inject here" system going, just have to make a few config files that will read from text files to load some nifty interfaces for easy usage. Hopefully have a prototype that can change the correct values in files (I think Phoebus has 3 different tiles for different valued gems?). I have a few ideas in mind to remedy that, by using sort of filters will be very easy for me to do this code since I'm basing the raws off of ASCII . Only thing that might be an issue will be the raw/graphics portion of it, but i'll deal with that when I get there.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 02:36:50 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Ok Update on my Progress:

I've stopped working on the mod for the time being as i'm going head on to this program, I've got what little of my filters to work which mean PROGRESS! (sorry not !!PROGRESS!! don't want my machine on fire) just had most of today to finally hunker down and code away, so far inorganic_gem/soil/mineral are all altered correctly and sprite text files (the files in /graphics that allow sprites for creatures to work right) are injected perfectly so once I get this program running at full I need only one master set of raws to edit, and the program will make the correct changes to the raws so that you can play your fav graphic packs. And While I'm at it, I might throw in some more config files (like picking what civ is playable like dwarves, humans, kobolds. One or 2 or all three if you are the master of the tab key) should be nice to be able to pick and choose how hard or easy your Regen Experience is, because some of the evil civs I have in now I have trouble fighting off (probably cause i'm a noob lol)

I've also Locked the Poll, the 7 voters have it. Everyone wants the Alchemy so I'll draw up advanced plans on it, and farther update the plans for the new evil race and continue in my experimenting with naturally armored/clothed creatures. After of course the program, might as well finish it up cause once it's done. Won't be hard to include other packs into as well (just as long as I can acaully download said packs, can't include something I don't have access too)

Once I get the program done, I'm going to alter my current change log to be V1.4a as an advanced patch and probably bundle DF Hack in too. Once again sorry for those that lack a .NET framework I will at some point convert it to Java once I learn how to make an interface (been mainly using the LWJGL and creating displays for 3d rendering)

Also I think I'll post the changelog as it stands right now:
Quote from: the Log
v1.5
---<AMMO>---
-New ammo "Cannon Balls" which are classed as shell and can be used with Hand- Cannons

---<ATTACKS>---
-Back Hand attack has been made SECONDARY due to the AI using it alot
-Most attacks are now a creature v file, and are known as 'Styles' (will be expanded apon when new DF comes out)

---<CREATIONS>---
-Some creations didn't want to fight, so I added NATURAL in them in hopes they respond to hostiles like dogs do, the natural enrage just wasn't enough to ensure they engage in combat.
-Also added in BONECARN and NOFEAR

---<ENTITIES>---
-Outcast elves now only come after a large amount of population is reached
-Overseer nobles can now meet with dipomats

---<FARMING>---
-Fixed surface tree farming, they probably gave weird logs, should be fixed now.
-Farmable trees have now been reduced to simple "tree" instead of "small <tree name here>" making the plant list alot smaller

---<GOBLINS>---
-Troll castes have gotten an increase in their body size, to counter the humans creation sizes

---<HUMANS>---
-all creations have been given NOEMOTION
-combat creations have NO_SLEEP, and NO_DRINK but still eat.
-Mages and Shapers are now Ageless.
-Creations have their Fish Dissector and standard profession names the same.

---<KILN>---
-Found the proper body burning reaction

---<MATERIALS>--
-Human battle glass no longer makes armor.
-Most weapon grade metals have been classed as "COMBAT_METAL"
-Several inorganics that were dedicated for chaping/crafting have been moved into a creature to prevent weirdness like "Dave SomeHuman likes Landmine Crafting Learning" and forgotten beasts being made out of these non solid materials
-New Gas template was created just so I could shorten some values that I use over and over again.
-Ink has been altered to use the INK_TEMPLATE (still an inorganic)

---<MATERIAL CREATURE>---
-new categorys added (SHAPING and CRAFTING)
-Ice material has been added to the MAGIC category, for Frost Tomb spell

---<NEW FILE>---
-c_variation_regen.txt
--adds combat variations for combat styles
---Humanoid brawler fighting style
---Giant Humanoid fighting style

---<REACTIONS>---
-Most tools in the tool maker's shop will be made from COMBAT_METAL or strong metals. (no more tin shovels)
-All Shaping and Crafting reactions now are directed to new material sources

---<REMOVED FILE>---
-inorganic_regen_shaping.txt
-inorganic_regen_crafting.txt

---<SPELLS>---
-Frost Tomb has been added as a lvl 3 ice spell filling the gap that was made with the absense of Ice Rune (can cause friendly fire)
-Roots duration has been cut in half, in fortress mode it looks like it lasts for a fraction of a second, in adv. mode it lasts a good bit but not too long.

---<WEAPONS>---
-All Throwing weapons use the BOW skill (AI brought the weapons, not the ammo.)
-Bolter is now a hand-cannon (in a sense it's like a bazooka or large gernade launcher, only with cannon balls)

---<OVERALL>---
-most to all files have been reorganized, not saying that any renaming went on just that some tags in files are one liners for a future method of incorperating graphic packs.

PS the OVERALL just bit me in the ass as a few of my filters got confused and had to revert the files back.

EDIT:
Great news, the Phoebus Setting works perfectly (of course I haven't made any Filters for buildings yet, I'll do that sooner or later) now all I must do now is finish up the filters for Iron Hand. And regen will always be ready for ASCII,Phoebus, and Iron Hand anytime.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:49:47 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Once I finish up a few more filters I'm going to release v1.4a and my Program that will apply your desired graphic pack. After that I'll get back to modding, and will probably tweak my program to work a little better, right now some file paths are hardcoded and config foulders litter the whole thing, not to mention error catching and the file list is not complete which means only a select few files are copied over (not to mention there are no Building filters yet, just finishing up with the plant filters)

By the time this is done all file paths that the program needs should be external (reaches into a file, gathers what file paths it needs, then from there branches out gathering other information it needs)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Hi Hugo here, I'm going to tell you that
Regeneration now comes packed with
Slap Graphics!
You're gonna love my nuts program.

I've pushed out a Hotfix "V1.4a" that has some fixes and alterations, of course I only released this so that I might get some feedback on a few bugs (mainly for the program) I know one issue so far is that Iron Hand's trees look a bit funky, and a few shurbs are a bit odd, Idk if that's me messing up the data mining or not (I know the tree issue should be fixed next release, Iron Hand uses TREE_COLOR to no doubt set colors in places that he wanted them to.) Also something that will pop up in the Errorlog will be a creature that can't use a color modifier, I know the exact critter it is a new monster and it's basically incomplete atm. On that already

Now how to use the program:
  • Open the packaged "aSlapGraphics/SlapGraphics"
  • Once it opens click your preferred graphic set
  • Click the "Apply Package" button (remember to do the above step)
  • You man close the program and play DF:Regen
NOTE: you do not need to run the program everytime, Applying the changes don't go away until you overwrite them.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile

SlapGraphics works fine but may i suggest pouting a little message saying that its done case its a bit confusing when nothing happens. Also are save games from older versions compatible with newer ones?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

I was just thinking of a "Action Complete" and adding a list box that will hold errors (that label saying "no errors have happened lately" will be the success or not success message)

I also need to handle errors (like if a file path, or file is missing or both are miss spelling (say in a config file)) so if one happens it logs it, moves on to the next. Once it is done it will spit out what error and what file it was trying to do, with some other debugging data, that will help in fixing he problem (mostly errors will be from baddly setup .txt files which is human error, I know for a good bit of testing SlapGraphics I found I had but a capital in the wrong place or a wrong "\" for a path.)

So yeah I'll get on that bit, right now I'm just updating the rawFileList and will probably include a "load art" button which will drop tile sets into the data/art and the raw/graphics. I might have to alter Phoebus's method (has nested foulders for sprites) and make them mingle with Iron Hands art. Also need to update Iron Hands Plant Filter to include tree colors.

As for Older Saves they should be the raws are stored in the save file. I'd probably say to be on the safe side I changed quite a bit around between v1.4 - v1.4a so it might ruin your save, and I cannot gareentee V1.5 when I finish it to work with older saves too because I already know I changed alot in it.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Ok I'm going to be doing a massive overhaul for V1.5 so this pretty much means "I'm changing how this is going to be downloaded, at least for major changes I will do this. I'm going a P&P (Plug and Play, another meaning is Pre-Packaged) and the RAWS download is going to be more of a "BACKUP" in case you accidentally oops and forgot to make your own backups"

Reason for this, is Slap Graphics is undergoing a massive change, with that the Mod is going under massive changes as well (Files being renamed, moved, deleted) I'm also planning out ways to make it more "user" configure-able (Like access to changing values in the init files for each pack) maybe a difficulty changer (Hard is all Hostiles, Medium is a few new ones, and Easy will probably be only 3 hostiles) along with different settings and such and maybe an option for those that turn off tempeture that certain features are removed (like Shaping, Crafting Clockworks, Making Mages) because they use boiling stones and if no tempeture, no boiled stone.

Progress of Slap Graphics:
Progress of Mod:
DoneI have a "Success" Message show up when there are no issues
If an issues happens a "Some errors have happened" message appears and a "errorLogSlap.txt" is made telling you what went wrong (if it's one error other functions will still go through, it simply records the error and moves on. Before it just said "PROBLEM! STOP EVERYTHING!")
Mainly File clean up and fixing a few materials to more or less kill themselves when spent (automation ammo for one) and things like a soot monster (altho cool, it might just vanish in a puff of smoke, Litterly soot boils into smoke it's a special effect material.
To-Do
Right now i'm trying to get errors to get caught correctly when using a Graphic Pack (Right now ASCII error messages show correctly, but Graphic Pack don't respond in the same manner. Have to reorganize how it handles files and filters, and what to do with said filters on files. Gonna take an complete overhaul, but I'll make a side program that will help me make filters faster. Allowing me to work on the Mod more.
  • Well first there is the industries, they need to be reviewed and altered accordingly.
  • But that is after I get Alchemy at least fleshed out (Materials, Tools to be inspected and made (if need be), and ingredients (what can be extracted from what)), after the fleshing I need to make the dressing (Reactions, buildings, etc).
  • Then I need to work on the Gun Making industry for dwarves (currently disabled I believe until there is a tree (by tree I mean you need these branch items to make the main one)), since making ammo for guns requires Alchemy (gun powder) guns come after that goal (or at least farther work on guns).
  • Reorganize some castes in creatures, at least the ones that require really custom settings.
  • Look into update Kobolds, maybe add some tribal art things to add to equipment.
  • Create more standard materials types "Evil, Ocean (crabs and such)". Then get around to going to each creature and altering materials as see fit (Elephants should use a tougher materials then a goat)
  • Do some preps by changing all base attacks in creatures to variations (so that when new DF rolls out, can do mass repairs effortlessly), not only that but make large beetles a cave critter and dwarf only pet (Yes Humans use them too, so trading for them is just as good as dwarves trading for magic) or you can brave the cave sickness that humans naturally have and try to trap some of them (although the cavern tribes might attack you as well). So in general just got to make some things more balanced, and correct that my absent tinkering has lead to make one thing underpowered (where it used to be powerful) and other things overpowered (by adding untested powers to it)

The Mods Todo is bigger cause there is alot of backlog (and fixing bugs are more priority then new features, so bugs slow the list too) and even if the ToDo for Slap Graphics looks small that little paragraph is a whole other story all together, since it likes to play games with me (damn code)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How well do guns work in Dwarf mode/ how fast do they fire? Im thinking of making some gun making tools for adventure mode after i finish the armor part.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15