Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think about the Mod Manager? (3 max)

I like the Slap Graphics and how I can pick out any pack that is supported
I like the Settings, change aspects of the mod at will
I like the Tileset Changer
Slap Graphics could use some more work
Not enough settings (if so, what?)
Tileset changer has some flaws (suggestions)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: [MAJOR]: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.5 out 14/08/13  (Read 71631 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

How well do guns work in Dwarf mode/ how fast do they fire? Im thinking of making some gun making tools for adventure mode after i finish the armor part.

Right now they shoot as fast as a Dwarf gets a turn, idk if the next version will allow faster firing (through the attack/movement split) or dual firing (two pistols)
Guns are a mix of gunpowder and modern percussion cap ammunition (hammer strikes percussion cap, ignites gunpowder, fires bullet and discards shell casing)
Since you are making tools I'll be able to use them too, I was thinking:
-Stock
-Barrel
-Hammer
-Cartridge chamber
-Bolt
-Trigger

In my mind i'm combining the Barrel, Muzzle, and Sight into one. The Bolt and it's handle as one, etc.
So basically until we know how ranged weapons act in the new version all firearms are bolt action in a sense.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github

Working on a remake of the Slap Chop commercial for your Slap Graphics; going to be good :P
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

How well do guns work in Dwarf mode/ how fast do they fire? Im thinking of making some gun making tools for adventure mode after i finish the armor part.

Right now they shoot as fast as a Dwarf gets a turn, idk if the next version will allow faster firing (through the attack/movement split) or dual firing (two pistols)
Guns are a mix of gunpowder and modern percussion cap ammunition (hammer strikes percussion cap, ignites gunpowder, fires bullet and discards shell casing)
Since you are making tools I'll be able to use them too, I was thinking:
-Stock
-Barrel
-Hammer
-Cartridge chamber
-Bolt
-Trigger

In my mind i'm combining the Barrel, Muzzle, and Sight into one. The Bolt and it's handle as one, etc.
So basically until we know how ranged weapons act in the new version all firearms are bolt action in a sense.

Cool. as soon as i get finished with the armor reactions (will include resizing the armor you find) ill begin working on gun making and weapons.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Alright so I've gotten to a point with Slap Graphics in which it does roughly what I want it to do (And fixed alot of oddities with Iron Hand, not all of them tho still random ass tiles wandering about) but now I'm currently working on some Alchemy right now, I've made up 3 buildings (well 2, the third was the current alchemy shop) in which each one will serve a different function, and in tow need products produced at each one (one deals with chemistry like Sulfuric Acid, Black Powder (gun powder), Iron Salts (the product of Iron and Sulfuric acid), and distilling alcohol (Sulfuric Acid and Coal Gas wiki link now some true chemists will probably argue, and please due I'd like to know the proper way of making "pure alcohol" and its uses)

Another will deal with making special Alloys (through science and other fantasy things) and extraction of base elements from "hard" materials, will also have fun things like "Lead to Gold" even tho real alchemists only managed to make "fool's gold" in Regen we got magic (and science) raw glass can also be brought here to make containers and tools that are alchemy related.

The final one will deal with extraction of base elements from "soft/organic" materials, tinctures (pure alcohol + certain plants or magical body components), potion making, and I don't know what else it could do. Probably make more caustic liquids and things for other workshops and devices, maybe move the mercury extraction here plus quicksilver production.

I will have I think 5-7 custom materials that will be extracted from various materials, in which said materials can be mixed and matched in the 2 new alchemy shops for potions or alloys or harder certain materials (make tough leather, which can be farther strengthened to make a lightweight but durable armor.) Will be able to have some fun with this. And once I get that done, might has well bring back the paper and writing industry to further expand various industies (mainly alchemy, imagin some special reactions requiring alchemist notes).

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

I've created a new poll regarding Alchemy (think of it as part 2) and the Industries I currently have (Candle Making, Mining, Quarries, Brewing, Lumbering, Smelting, Glass making, and Writing/ink/paper) including Gunsmithing (which I believe have disabled up until now, if I haven't; work on it some more)

Right now I have 7 custom materials related just for alchemy, and As you know I have the buildings done, now I just have to make up potions (and maybe some poisons) and some mixtures of these new materials and some other stuff to make these magical drinks (that mostly everyone will drink in fortress mode, and I mean everyone) so these potions will have very long lasting effects (maybe a year or 6 months) potions of regeneration might be good for already wounded but out of bed people (broken leg or arm) which also means anyone will drink it and waste it. Unless you do something with barrows and forbidding drinks to special rooms.

But this gives me an idea, maybe special potions can be made with alot of elements and materials to make a "permanent"  effect potions, even special ones like Potions of immortality, no sleep, no emotion, no pain (might have side effects for these, something maybe intermittent and sort of bi-polar like no pain might cause coughing up of blood every now and then) I will also allow the making of Mithril (but I have to do it in a way where the civ (other then high elves) have access to it naturally)

Also "Pisskop" gave me a great idea for a new cave 3 (hellish layer) critter, which will be a huge pain in the ass if it decides to wander around into your fortress (and even if you can't see it, you'll know it's there) and also the chosen critter to be its minions will have a ranged interaction, making them more of a pain in the ass. But the drops from them will be worth it (High level elements and ingredients) the "Big Mama" will for sure drop very rare parts. I'm also adapting this idea for a summoner caste for the new evil race, for the extra !!FUN!!

EDIT:

Also any comments so far? Also HARD do you have a copy of Mayday? I can't seem to find it and I wouldn't mind at all adding it into Slap Graphics.

But for everyone else thoughts?

EDIT2:

Just reworked to OP and added a little more information on it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 09:47:13 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I made you a plant table with my script. Lots of trees got misclassified as plants because my script doesn't understand BASIC_MAT:PLANT_MAT:TREE:STRUCTURAL token (yet) and expects USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WOOD:WOOD_TEMPLATE. Ah, I think this is not actually a bug and special plants that can be processed into logs can be grown in this mod. The rest of it looks OK.

Read 113 plants.

Dfhack # getplants commands for easy designating tree cutting and plant gathering:

Aboveground bushes: (only edible, cookable or brewable)
# getplants ROOT_MUCK TUBER_BLOATED BERRIES_PRICKLE BERRIES_STRAW_WILD GRASS_LONGLAND HERB_VALLEY WEED_RAT BERRIES_FISHER REED_ROPE SLIVER_BARB BERRY_SUN VINE_WHIP

Aboveground trees:
# getplants MANGROVE SAGUARO PINE CEDAR OAK MAHOGANY ACACIA KAPOK MAPLE WILLOW GLUMPRONG FEATHER HIGHWOOD LARCH CHESTNUT ALDER BIRCH ASH CANDLENUT MANGO RUBBER CACAO PALM

Underground bushes: (only edible, cookable or brewable)
# getplants MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP GRASS_TAIL_PIG GRASS_WHEAT_CAVE POD_SWEET BUSH_QUARRY

Underground trees:
# getplants TOWER_CAP FUNGIWOOD BLOOD_THORN

Aboveground crop table:

Name
 ID
ValueGrowsSeasonsEatCookBrew (Value) (Cook)Products (Value)Hints
mangrove
 MANGROVE_SMALL
166All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
saguaro
 SAGUARO_SMALL
166All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
pine
 PINE_SMALL
166All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
cedar
 CEDAR_SMALL
166All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
oak
 OAK_SMALL
166All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
mahogany
 MAHOGANY_SMALL
166All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
acacia
 ACACIA_SMALL
166All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
kapok
 KAPOK_SMALL
166All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
maple
 MAPLE_SMALL
166All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
willow
 WILLOW_SMALL
166All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
larch
 LARCH_SMALL
166All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
chestnut
 CHESTNUT_SMALL
166All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
alder
 ALDER_SMALL
166All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
birch
 BIRCH_SMALL
166All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
ash
 ASH_SMALL
166All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
candlenut
 CANDLENUT_SMALL
166All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
mango tree
 MANGO_SMALL
166All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
rubber tree
 RUBBER_SMALL
166All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
cocoa tree
 CACAO_SMALL
166All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
palm
 PALM_SMALL
166All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
muck root
 ROOT_MUCK
125N/A? All yearYesYesswamp whiskey (10)N/ABrew
bloated tuber
 TUBER_BLOATED
125N/A? All yearYesYestuber beer (10)N/ABrew
kobold bulb
 BULB_KOBOLD
125N/A? All yearNoNoN/AEXTRACT(Flask): gnomeblight (100)

--
prickle berry
 BERRIES_PRICKLE
125All yearYesYesN/AN/ACook
wild strawberry
 BERRIES_STRAW_WILD
225All yearYesYesstrawberry wine (30) (Y)N/ABrew
Longland grass
 GRASS_LONGLAND
225All yearYesPr.Longland beer (10)FLOUR: Longland flour (20)

Brew
valley herb
 HERB_VALLEY
525N/A? Spring NoYesN/AEXTRACT(Flask): golden salve (100)

Cook
rat weed
 WEED_RAT
125All yearYesYessewer brew (10)N/ABrew
fisher berry
 BERRIES_FISHER
225All yearYesYesN/AN/ACook
rope reed
 REED_ROPE
225All yearYesNoriver spirits (10)THREAD: rope reed thread (2)

Thread Brew
blade weed
 WEED_BLADE
225All yearNoNoN/ADYE: emerald dye (20)

Useless Dye
hide root
 ROOT_HIDE
125All yearNoNoN/ADYE: redroot dye (10)

Useless Dye
sliver barb
 SLIVER_BARB
125All yearNoNogutter cruor (60)DYE: sliver dye (20)

Brew
sun berry
 BERRY_SUN
325All yearYesYessunshine (120)N/ABrew
whip vine
 VINE_WHIP
125All yearYesPr.whip wine (10)FLOUR: whip vine flour (25)

Brew Mill

Subterranean crop table:

Name
 ID
bulbous plant
 PLANT_TANNIN_2
358All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
fungiwood
 FUNGIWOOD_SMALL
166All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
bulbous mushroom
 PLANT_TANNIN_1
358All yearNoNoN/AN/A--
plump helmet
 MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP
250All yearYesYesdwarven wine (10)N/ABrew
pig tail
 GRASS_TAIL_PIG
250All yearYesNodwarven ale (10)THREAD: pig tail thread (2)

Thread
cave wheat
 GRASS_WHEAT_CAVE
283All yearYesPr.dwarven beer (10)FLOUR: dwarven wheat flour (20)

--
sweet pod
 POD_SWEET
283All yearYesPr.dwarven rum (10)SUGAR: dwarven sugar (20)
 EXTRACT(Barrel): dwarven syrup (20)

Brew
quarry bush
 BUSH_QUARRY
283All yearNoPr.N/ALEAF: quarry bush leaves (5)

OIL: rock nut oil (5)
 SOAP: rock nut soap (5)
 PRESSED: rock nut press cake (1)

Leaves Embark
dimple cup
 MUSHROOM_CUP_DIMPLE
241All yearNoNoN/ADYE: dimple dye (20)

Useless Dye

Fake plant table:

Name
 ID
power ups
 POWER_UP
100N/A? NoneYesNoN/AN/A--

« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 06:16:45 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

that's pretty cool, altho I believe I cut the growable trees down from a varity to a standard "tree" since they all produce the same wood, figured might aswell just make a growable tree just a generic thing. Still have the big trees that you chop down as vanilla (willows, oaks, birches, etc) I'll also be throwing in a few more plants to the mix (cotten, Mandrake, some disturbing plants for cave level 3

Anyway to make your script find materials in the plants? Because my power-up plant is going to hold all my potion materials and other extras, would be cool see it say POWER_UP has these syndrome materials:
-item
-item
-item

maybe not worded like that, but you'll figure it out.

And since im here posting here is a sneak at my plans for alchemy:
Rone - stone/minerals
Aehl - blood/meat
Fahe - plants

Ierha - Fahe + Aehl
Iethr - Rone + Aehl

Areeoa - Ierha + Iethr + Moon/Sun/Bloodstone gems

Rone is extracted from base stone/minerals, it's the element of earth in a sense
Arhl is extracted from organic tissues like blood and meat/muscle/bone as it's the element of life
Fahe is extracted from organic fiberous tissues (like plant matter) it's the element of growth

Ierha is produced from combining life and growth elements to make the element of creation
Iethr is produced by combining  earth and life elements to make the element of protection

Areeoa is made from mixing the elements of creation and protection, and a magical gem stone to create the element of soul

These elements can be mixed with other materials to produce new ones, or another kind.
such as:
growth + stone = flux
life + stone = fuel
earth + stone = obsidian

metals may require two elements for simple transmutation but metals can be mixed with the greater elements to produce new alloys

also elements + plants (and sometimes tinctures) can produce potions with benefits, some more drastic ones can have side effects but will grant a permanent boost. Only potions that require Areeoa and very rare and distilled ingredients can grant safe boosts and even boosts that no other potion can give (like agelessness, need of sleep removed, greater regeneration) There will even be a super potion that will be incredibly hard to create but it will grant to consumer near immortality and superhuman(dwarven) attributes, giving them an edge over lesser beings (putting them almost at odds with vampires)

potion making will be by far the most difficult thing to manage in my opinion, which I think mainly advanced players will attempt to try as lots of chemicals and high grade materials will be needed to get a decent potion making setup possible. I know so far one creature in the 3rd cavern layer will need to be hunted for gray mold, this mold has regenerative and body bolstering qualities. Also a new plant will be created (along with some extra cave critters) that will allow for rare ingredients found nowhere else.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm...

I fixed aboveground trees by adding TREE:PLANT_MAT:TREE:WOOD token to change plant type to "WOOD". Now there is a getplants macro for aboveground trees for this mod.

> I believe I cut the growable trees down from a varity to a standard "tree" since they all produce the same wood, figured might aswell just make a growable tree just a generic thing.
Well, I used the RAWs from the first post, which may not be up to date. Yes, it is probably best if you have just one type of wood producing plant and call it plywood or wood stalk or bamboo or whatever. Less clutter that way.

> I'll also be throwing in a few more plants to the mix (cotten, Mandrake, some disturbing plants for cave level 3
The whole point of my script is so that people can update tables like these quickly once they modify their plants.

> Anyway to make your script find materials in the plants?
This is out of scope for my script. All it checks are the plant RAWs (in this case plant_regen.txt), not material templates, reactions or anything else. I might add syndrome column (speaking of which the faster healing syndrome boosts recuperation 10 times, not twice) at some point, because more than one mod uses them, but I don't plan too many mod-specific extensions (with the exception of FoE, which gets full support).
The point of my script is to perform the bulk of boring work when making crop tables for mod manuals. You're actually supposed to look at the produced tables and edit them manually to better suit your needs before posting them as part of a manual. Making the script smarter is just too many corner cases and I'm fed up with it. For example there is nothing inside Masterwork's wood stalk that says it can be processed into wooden logs called branches, so I'd need to either hard-code that or look at reaction RAWs.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

fair enough on regards to extra coding.

@Mod
I'm going to try an experiment with clothing and armor, it's gonna make things a tad bit more difficult combat wise, but should stop some exploits (and maybe stop those random moments where a giant's shirt can block a steel axe)

lots of things to do, so little time.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Ok so I've made up the Potions, and some methods of extracting elements. I just need to add in some mixing reactions which will probably be the majority of the third Alchemy Labs duties (Alchemical Workshop) to handle mixing of elements to make potions and greater elements

Still thinking of a way to make raw mithril at the metallurgy (ingredients wise) same with potions (probably Suger and some other things to make certain potions)

Who knew that this potion making crud would be so complex?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Can you add those two tilesets?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126934.0

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=53649.0

Obsidian's spin on Phoebus I have added in already, however I just managed to get my hands on May Day. So I should have 4 packages bundled in for the release of v1.5

Iron Hand
Phoebus
Obsidian
May Day (maybe, hope to get this in for sure)

I'll probably remove accented chars from lang files because of some oddities with text regarding certain packs, and setup some filters for buildings and all should be well (I hope) slowly getting the potion making done up, then a few transmutations, as well as roaming fixes and balancing issues.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Ok I got Mayday put in with some standard settings (since mayday is very close to vanilla (well some of his tilesets) I haven't made up any filters (also there was no raw/objects so could pry for any special changes))

I've also changed my mind, once I get alchemy done and a few other tweaks im going to release v1.5 because i'm going to safely assume that the next release of DF will be in roughly a month if not longer (this is my prediction, don't go by this as what the great Toad said. This is my opinion, he hasn't given out no dates or exact time frames (at least during the making of this post))

I'm also going to split my two download options to "Regen FE: Complete" and "Regen FE: Hot Fixes" the complete will be basically a pre-installed game with currently 4 (5 if you count ascii) graphic packs that you can choose from, and the Hot Fixes will be small changes that will most likely compatible with saves (when I make a patch) these will mostly be graphic pack updates. I'm also tweaking Slap Graphics a bit more, and soon I'll have an option to choose a location (since right now it's hard coded) have to find some way of getting the program to load up everything in "data/saves/" so you can just "pick" what file you wish to be updated be it the local raws or a save to update minor changes.

I've just managed to make a mockery of a filter maker, *WARNING* using it is at your own risk the worse that could happen is that Slap Graphics crashes or you accidentally overwrite a .txt file. the filter maker is developer use only, and is located in a "filters" tab so you don't actually have to stare at it. I'm currently trying to get a settings option up so features can be toggled off and such but right now it's just their to look pretty, Probably will have to rewrite the code and re-arrange files about to get the new system to work correctly, didn't expect the program to advance to this level.

current changelog atm for V1.5
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've got like I said some transmutations and a few more potion making options to go, then probably push it out and upload some quick fixes as I progress.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Ok I made a new poll up. 11 choices, and 4 you can pick from. Some options if they gain the greatest favour might be included in the next release (v1.5) or will be a power goal for the hotfixes.

So vote away, and please give feedback on the current version, I can't find all the bugs or things that might need some "improvment" as everyones play style is different. Heck a feature might seem too OP and should be removed or nerf'd Idk.

Hope to get some of your opinions!

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github

Funstuff. Really enjoy playing Regen; voted in the poll. Ye need more voters though! >.<
'ere the Chias get hungry...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15