Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think about the Mod Manager? (3 max)

I like the Slap Graphics and how I can pick out any pack that is supported
I like the Settings, change aspects of the mod at will
I like the Tileset Changer
Slap Graphics could use some more work
Not enough settings (if so, what?)
Tileset changer has some flaws (suggestions)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: [MAJOR]: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.5 out 14/08/13  (Read 70734 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

I'm going to leave the poll up for another 24 hours before I lock it and make a judgement on what to do based on the results, I've been working on several things like trying to get ammo that will degrade slowly if not contained properly (works sorta) and guns + gun making (I have some standard guns in right now, but just playing with some numbers to get a desirable effect)

Been trying to make my own Night creatures and curses and regional weather effects, and non of them are popping up, kinda making me sad. Going to remove throwing weapons (from civs and all that, leaving it in for adventurers a simple convert this to weapon to allow throwing knives (which at some point will be craft able))

And yeah kinda need some more voters lol Would be nice to really know what people want or interested in.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Alright locked to poll looks like the winners are:

Guns
Ink and Writing
Weapon and Armor Balancing
and Clockwork Dwarves from the grave

Time to head off and do some work.

EDIT:
4 voters?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:24:46 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i was sure to vote

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

I got a resurrect interaction made up, but it only works once (can't re raise a dead cyborg (called clockwork dwarves)) I might make some different variants as some point but right now they sort of look like the cyber demon from Doom 2 and cyborgs from CnC Tiberium Sun, I'm just trying to see if my auto repair works as I intend. I know I had a small oddity where a dwarf was raised as a cyborg but somehow left a corpse behind (luckily it didn't raise as another one) But during this experimental testing I've found a way to improve my summoning method by 100% for hostiles (special ones, some hostiles would be suicide to use a summon)

Now once I test all the features of cyborgs i'm going to make it so tinkers can learn this ability and ship it off to McUrists Mechanical Emporium then move onto weapon and armor balancing (which may or may not allow the use of fingers to wrestle people) be weird do see someone strangle another to death with his little finger.

But I know I hope to have Caps cover the head, but Helms and Hoods will cover ears and noses and other facial features that are exposed.
Gloves and such should cover fingers, same with socks and boots.

Then of course lowering the protection given by clothes, but allowing armor to be more efficient which will lead to me making weapons that are suppose to bypass armor able too, and weapons like short swords a bit harder to slash through armor (still possible, but not easy) and I think whips are still OP so I will have to deal with those (might make them and edged attack with a very small PENETRATION value.)

then after that Dive into the writing industry (allowing for skill training and perhaps sellable novels)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: [MAJOR]: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.4a
« Reply #199 on: June 26, 2013, 03:39:00 pm »

with some help from "evictedSaint" I got some clothing and armor layering things to work right, weapons will be a bit different to test intensivly but I've been messing with whips a bit and they are somewhat nerf'd just got to lower the momentum modifier and that should take some of the OP out of them.

also generalized clothing items so many types that did all the same things seemed redundant, some even just sat there unused so just tossed em.

Ink making and such will probably be a easy fix, which I can probably flesh out the Ink/Paper making and Guns out at the same time.

EDIT:

Also dropping in a temp fix for the bug that when migrants come those with high appraisal skill (called Traders) will be "friendly" however peasants will be non exsistant
all dwarves and humans will have a natural +1 in apprasing, and a natural +2 to engraving in which apprasing skill cannot be learned (to prevent migrants and such from getting too talented and showing up as friendly traders that you still need to bury/slab if they die from invasions.)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 03:54:04 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 01, 2013, 03:13:51 am »

Been a little busy with the Java Project, And Raw Cloner. But sometime I should finish up making the gun parts and then the reactions, and an Assembly for the Gunsmiths shop.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 16, 2013, 10:15:35 pm »

Ok so some major progress has been made on the Java Project which gives me some time to work on Regen, and I decided since I've advanced in my programming logic and knowledge I expanded Slapgraphics, which that name no longer suits it, considering it now has...

SETTINGS SUPPORT!

Yes now you too can control what is in your Regen Experience all with a few clicks, which means I'm gonna rename the programs name but have the Slapgraphics title in there somewhere :P, also for those that are dying for v1.5 I still got some things to work out. But I think I might have a few new creatures and an entity when I release, and yes release before the new DF version is out. Oh here is the current changelog as of now:

Quote from: the Log
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
v1.5

---<CREAUTRES/BODIES>---
-Made a cyborg body, eyes, joints
-Tinkers had viewranged upped a bit.
-Body detail plan made for cyborgs
-Creation (geneforging and automations) creatures should act like dogs (naturally aggressive to hostiles)
-Some new "Full" bodies have been made (full spine,organs,humanoid,features)
-Main races have had Full plans applied to them

---<ITEMS>---
-Added a belt item for pants
-Removed low boots
-Removed Extra Clothing items
-Slings now use the BOW skill

---<MATERIALS>---
-inorganic_regen_magic has been transferred to a creature.
-inorganic_regen_automation has been transferred to a creature.
-PLANT_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE has [REACTION_CLASS:ALCOHOL] added to it for distilling.
-Sun/Moon/Blood stones now have [REACTION_CLASS:SOUL]
-All Ignouis stones have [REACTION_CLASS:RONE] (excluding ores)
-Blood/Ichor, Muscle/meat/organs, and bone all have [REACTION_CLASS:AEHL]
-Most plant materials have [REACTION_CLASS:FAHE]
-Potions have been added to the POWER_UP plant placeholder.
-Probably fixed a stockpile bug where scale and chitin goods wern't being hauled to stockpiles

---<ENTITES>---
-kobolds have been currently disabled as playable for now. (fortress mode)
-Humans have had their language changed back to vanilla for now.
-Throwing weapons have been removed from entities, reserved for adv. mode

---<PLANTS>---
-Farmable towercaps and natural towercaps had a raw confusion, as been fixed.

---<BUILDINGS>--
-Two new alchemy shops have been made, and the first one renamed
--Chemists Workshop (smallest alchemy shop, makes simple products)
--Metalurgy Workshop (medium alchemy shop, works with alloys and extracting base elements from minerals)
--Alchemcial Workshop (large alchemy shop, works with making poitions and extraction base elements from organics)
-Set custom build keys for new buildings so they shouldn't conflict with vanilla or each other.

---<REACTIONS>---
-Alchemy reactions are seperated into the different workshops
-Pure Alcohol (Eythonal) can be made by using fuel and Sulfiric Acid (oil of virtol)
-Potions can now be brewed, and elements extracted and combined is now possible
-Added reactions to buy and use clockwork assembly kits, which allow tinkers to raise dead "normal" dwarves to serve again
-All shopping reactions now have a "(#)" so you know how many kits you get per buy.
-Lumberyard can now make 12 pulp from 1 log instead of the old 1:1 ratio
-Added two ways of making quills for writing

---<INTERACTIONS>---
-Made an resurrect and transform spell, that turns dead dwarves into cyborgs

---<LANGUAGE>---
-All accented chars have been removed

---<FILE CHANGES>---
-inorganic_liquid_regen (removed)
-creature_material_alchemy (added)
-creature_material_crafting (added)
-creature_material_magic (added)
-creature_material_shaping (added)

---<GRAPHICS>---
-Messed around with a few things and added some graphics for some regen related critters.

---<SLAP GRAPHICS>---
-updated the program so it runs a bit more stable and file sequence
-Added Obsidian's Alternative Phoebus graphic set.
-Updated Phoebus to a newer set (most to all vanilla critters now have graphics)
-Added Mayday
-Added in a Settings tab

Also have been upgrading a few of my other utilities just to keep up with SlapGraphics and it's needs.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 19, 2013, 04:31:26 pm »

So still messing around with the "Mod Manager" I've decided just to call it that, here is a screen capture:

Ok I will go from top left to bottom right:
-Slap Graphics package list, this is where you can click and choose a installed graphic pack (installing one for the manager is not easy atm)
-Settings Panel, here you can check off what settings you want (installing these is very easy)
-Apply Package, this button here does two things at once. One it applies the Package by copying the files from "manager/rootRaws/objects/" applies filters (if a package is selected) and then runs the "Apply Settings" event
-ASCII, this simply un-selects any package in the Slap Graphics list so when the "Apply Package" is clicked ASCII is loaded instead
-Refresh Raw File List, This is mainly used by me atm, but what it does is populates "rawFileList.txt" in "manger/config/" so the "Apply Package" feature works correctly.
-Apply Settings, this button does just that, applies the checked settings, but it does so after everything is done (applied package) as it alters things in the "raw/objects/" and "/data/init/" actually it can alter anything anywhere just as long as the file path is defined in the chosen settings.

Now you will be seeing this mod manager in almost all of my other mods that I will be updating (like the RTS mod) and is actually being modified heavily due to be starting out with I/O stuff so my methods of storing data and such look a bit unorthodox. And to be honest my Mod Manager can work with any mod, but right now it's not ready for consumer use as its not friendly, at all. One mess up anywhere and you might never find what is causing the issue. So me being me, I can just go "Oh here's the JAM!" because I have the source code and debugger (and the basic error output that MM has built in)

But maybe V3.0 might be ready for other modders use.

As for Regen, Still working on the new race.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 30, 2013, 04:21:25 am »

Update on the progress.

I've decided to go all out on the Mod Manager, as it's going to be the most important asset to Regen (and any other mods I host) and i'm a firm believer of strong foundations, and this manager is my foundation (handles all the stuff that I, and you the user would find tedious).

Shamefully only windows users can use this GUI (.NET Framework 4) unless Mac or Linux users know a way to use it, then perfect. I know Java applications work all across the OS's and I hope to port it to Java once I figure out how to make frames/forms/panels 'w/e' it would be called in Java so I can make a GUI in that.

But since it's been such a big delay (and previously said some features might not make it) I'm going to mash as many new things as I can and fix broken ones too so v1.5 will be a very big update. 

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 06, 2013, 12:16:06 am »

I've just finished the mock up and some old drawings I found for two of the units for the Donkin.

The Donkin are an endgame cavern invader, which a well off fortress will have more trouble fighting then the Liches and their skeletal hoard.
Donkinshnorf were a great and advanced civilization of blue skinned white haired rulers of ether, and being powerful as they were they regarded the other races as lessers and seen fit only for slavery. But as any race under oppression there was rebellions and uprisings, and since the combined numbers of all the races greatly outmatched the Donkin, even with their advanced technology and ether they were forced underground but not after taking thousands of dwarves, elves, goblins, orcs, and humans down.

Now after centuries of waiting under the world, stealing ideas, magic, and slaves. They were almost ready to retake the world as their ancestors once held, but to ensure that history would not repeat itself they sought out the sister of ether, the void. Magic to the Donkin is obtained through Ether which solely is controlled by males, and the Void which only a female can handle, but the Void is not just a source of power, it is a plane thought to be the second hell. After several failed attempts into the Void to harness its power, but finally one was able to tame the horrors of the void and she was known as the first Void Walker.

The Donkin are a very caste dependant invader (like most of the invaders in Regen) and here is the summary of the castes I have planned of now:

Spoiler: Grunt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Knight (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lord/Void Walker (click to show/hide)

The Donkin also sport a War construct, it doesn't count as a golem, but yet not an automation due to the nature of how it runs.

but this is step one of many. I have to create the body parts, body detail plans, some new materials etc etc. But progress is progress

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [MAJOR]: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.4a Update underway
« Reply #205 on: August 07, 2013, 03:33:52 pm »

Nice work on the settings. Which language did you use to write it? I assume its VB, because you mentioned .NET-Framework. Could I have a look at the source, just curious to see how you handled things. Especially the race-change checkboxes, because I use a button to cycle through them in mine.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 07, 2013, 04:25:10 pm »

Nice work on the settings. Which language did you use to write it? I assume its VB, because you mentioned .NET-Framework. Could I have a look at the source, just curious to see how you handled things. Especially the race-change checkboxes, because I use a button to cycle through them in mine.

PM'd you regarding my Mod Manager

Also just checked and Regeneration has a total of 1505 downloads (if raws and pre-packed are added together) to me this is a huge thing.
Since I'm posting might as well say what i've been doing.

• A jumping spider (known as the "daring jumping spider") has made her home on the back of my monitor, and laid eggs. Now I do love these spiders, but I fear that my room (even if I go out and catch live prey) will not have enough food for her, and her hatch-lings. So I moved her and her developing brood into a makeshift home on my desk, instead of my monitor. Now if they hatch I can release them to the wild, much more easier.
  • I've been working on body parts and attacks for the new race (and can use some of these for vanilla creatures once I get around to it) Soon Regen won't be a Major mod it will be a Major/Overhaul mod.
  • So my progress basically goes like this:
    -Work on New Race, need new Body Part
    -Make new Body Part
    -Go back to race, need new attack
    -Open up creature_variance_attack file, add new attacks
    -resume creature, need new xxx
    -make new xxx
so as you can see I'm all over the place, and the Donkin will for sure be one of my largest and most complex races yet.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 12, 2013, 04:43:22 pm »

Was randomly searching an image of a crab so I could see how many legs they have (cross referencing the CRAB_BODY in body_default) and stumbled upon this http://www.amusingplanet.com/2011/11/christmas-island-is-small-australian.html which gave me the idea of giant red crab invasions in SAVAGE ocean/lake biomes. Of course maybe not call them red crabs but something frightening, of course nothing some butter and a mace squad can't fix ;)

Also have been rolling some ideas around my head for a manual and Lists of <objects> to put with Regen all HTML and readable like.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: [MAJOR]: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.5 out 14/08/13
« Reply #208 on: August 14, 2013, 06:23:42 pm »

Alright I just got the Plug and Play (large DL) of V1.5 up the smaller one messed up somehow.

I had to leave the new race out for now, as they are gonna take a loooong time to make (kinda a perfectionist like that)

So everyone enjoy the newest version and the potion making (hopefully that works, not much time to test it)
I will fix the MM (smaller DL) later tonight

EDIT:
Nvm both downloads work, just I messed up changing a v1.4a to a v1.5 just a graphical error.
also my Mod Manager V3.0.0 is packaged with both for V1.5

EDIT2:
Oh forgot since I just bundled it up all quick, the Plug and Play is already setup with ASCII using Grim Fortress 12x12
if you would like to change this open/run ModManager.exe click a graphic pack then click (apply package) there is also a settings tab for the mod so you can toggle things on and off, I'd suggest against turning temperature off unless you are not using any transformation/creation/upgrades/etc like the Geneforge or McUrists Mechanical Emporium.

Also just to change a tileset click the one you want then hit the (use tileset) button, should make the changes needed. Not I added ASCII for sets that are purely Ascii, using them with phoebus or the other packs might just make things look off, Mayday however I think works with ASCII as well. Didn't have much time to actually test this.

So hope to hear back with bugs and such. Have fun.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 09:05:58 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: [MAJOR]: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.5 out 14/08/13
« Reply #209 on: August 18, 2013, 10:33:24 pm »

I've put a pull up, don't be afraid to post suggestions for the Mod Manager or Regen, both are very welcome.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15