Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think about the Mod Manager? (3 max)

I like the Slap Graphics and how I can pick out any pack that is supported
I like the Settings, change aspects of the mod at will
I like the Tileset Changer
Slap Graphics could use some more work
Not enough settings (if so, what?)
Tileset changer has some flaws (suggestions)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: [MAJOR]: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.5 out 14/08/13  (Read 71494 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> Alpha 5 cometh *in progress*
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2012, 05:53:06 pm »

He I think I still working on it the IRC is somehow blocking him :/

heh you would not imagine the amount of rage i have for the irc :3
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2012, 11:57:37 pm »

He I think I still working on it the IRC is somehow blocking him :/

heh you would not imagine the amount of rage i have for the irc :3

It is a grave annoyance.

Also test fortress died due to me getting bored, No luck with getting the High Council. But ambushing critters worked. The two new cave 3 beasties are very difficult to kill, so getting rare and good alchemy ingredients from them is a go. Found out a few creations don't heal from crippling wounds. Will be doing some tests to fix this, since a cave 3 monster can heal even broken bones.

Argh adding in automations to dwarves is gonna be a pain... But thankfully I have my old mod Project Clockwerks (not really mine, but I did do the hard work of making it)
So I will have to tweak the hell outta it, make the boilding rocks and interactions that give interactions to do interactions to make autmations which need more interactions jk maybe not that much. But for one upgrade/build a creature workshop, I need to make 3-5 different things.

So I'm still waiting on Sanures updated Adv. Mode reactions :P
I still need to make the tech tree for Shapers
Still need to make mages, and a tech tree
Still need to make a Dwarven Tinker tech tree
Gun making tech tree
Make things for Dwarves to upgrade to other castes
Make a breeder creature similar to Human Essence Beetles
Add more stuff to the advanced furnace
Allow humans to make the advanced furnace (but can only batch smelt any ore, only dwarves now how to batch smelt and grind ore) leaving slag as a near worthless by-prduct (dwarves can make use of it)
Expand on the paper industry
Fix stockpiling of tallow (and maybe wax?) candles
Start the alchemy/potion/poison making stuff
Start adding alchemy ingredients to some beasties

Also did I mention Alpha 5 is now out?
Saddly this is another human update, Dwarves had hit a snag. And the changelog is gettting WAAAAAAY too long, and I think it is time to release some more fixes and misc. stuff for those that are enjoying the alpha versions.

But now Dwarves are under the scope and will be working hard on them tomorrow/afternoon (depending on what you consider a new day) and automations, since I have to decide:
Which ones count as a controllable civ member (warning when dead it's ghost will haunt the fort)
Which ones are more of super pets
and which ones count as the resurrect feature.

After I get that sorted out probally alpha 6 :/ but after that all the groundwork will be there to support the making of the tech trees.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2012, 03:14:50 am »

-snip
So I'm still waiting on Sanures updated Adv. Mode reactions :P
-snip-

on that topic, I have good news and bad news. good news is that i am working on completely finishing the adv reactions. bad news is... wait... do i even have bad news? Hugo, do i even have bad news?
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> Alpha 5 awaits
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2012, 12:52:19 pm »

Right on :P Also I'm planning on making armor more generic, like removing some of the extra stuff I made for some reason (kobolds will keep their custom stuff, since they acaully have custom stats, making them unique) the others are basically copies :/also will be renaming mail shirts to chain mail.

And will be doing some number crunching to get a
Cloak/Cape
Breastplate
Chain Mial
Leather
Shirt

combo like system going, same with
Greaves
Chain leggings
leather
pants

kinda deals. Will also be playing with things to make invaders wear full gear.

EDIT:
Have added a few things, untested as of yet, but I *HOPE* will make entities work the way I want them too.

Also I have picked 3 automations for players to be able to control they would be:
Worker - simple slave that will do labors, or if really needed made for cannon fodder. *can't equip*
Defender - the old Defender will probally be renamed to something more *mencing* also can't equip
Assassain - when first built will lack the auto hide/ambush ability until you choose to activate it, anydwarf not just a tinker can do this. *can't equip*

All controllable automations will have NOEMOTION to prevent tantrums from being naked. And when did you see a robot show emotions? (this is clockwork not Star Trek)

Automations/devices that count as PETs
Warrior - will be renamed to something more, military like. maybe Clockwork Guardian
Mine - Immobile suicide construct, can autohide to "surprise" invaders (must be pastured/pitted)
Turrent - long range automated defence system, immobile.
Power Geode assembler - a small clockwork spider that roams around gather materials to make power geodes (in which can be made into automations/devices)
Spider control node - this when near any clockwork spider will halt productions of power geodes

I might be able to skip Alpha 6 and get right into 1.0 (everytime I say that never turns out that way) since I have ideas of how the humans Geneforge will work and what Dwarven Tinkers will use.

As well as using some of Sanure's Adv. Mode tools in the Advanced Furnace for advanced glass making things.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 02:02:49 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2012, 12:22:15 am »

I have added the 3 Civ Controllable Automation castes to dwarves, tests with the Centurion are going well. Safe to say normal wildlife has nothing on it. Just renaming a few things, and cleaning up some unused raws a fully working. Made a few additonal changes. and tada, Automations castes are now complete in teh dwarf creature

All that needs to be done now is the rest of PET automations, an "explosion" interaction (which will be used for a few other critters too) then fleshing out the dwarven "upgrade path" also the last poll for human mages, they will be on hold. As they are now stuck in a rather long to-do list lol

I will probally try and draw up a mock flowchart on how things work for Humans and Dwarves or at least the planned and prone to alterations tech trees

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2012, 02:18:13 pm »

Alright still chugging through re-formatting automation Pets and the interactions and what does what and when.

But here are some very sad looking charts
Spoiler: Shaping Chart (humans) (click to show/hide)

Sometime on the Regen Wiki I will be adding a sort of flow/ what works with what kinda thing to each race page (right now I think I have a list of things that are like 5 steps ahead of Alpha 5)

And I have to fix the Fyora still, for a fire breathing lizard it doesn't like fire too much. Also add the Ornk, basically a livestock creature shapers can make, that is like a cow, pig, and a sheep all in one.

I think I'll let dwarves add metal and stuff to large beetles using their life force to create the clockwork spiders and control nodes that will start the dwarven automation industry.

Which means, Alpha 6 will make dwarves have the same free-bies as Humans do for shaping.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2012, 11:22:17 pm »

Sorry for lack of update, Been tinkering with my wiki rip, this time including as much as the wiki as I can, with added little tips too, like how reactions work and accents in descriptions and stuff.

But on to Regen
Quote from: the Log
NEW
-Dwarves no longer can make (dual) weapons normally, and can only make crossbows with bayonets
-Humans no longer can make (dual) weapons and can only make normal crossbows, but can still make bow + weapon combos
-Breastplate with Paldrons have been removed, and removed from entites.
-Kobold Necklaces and Ankle Bands can only be made from cloth.
-Added Forced to certain Items for entities
-Fixed a Guardian related description phrase as it is not true.
-Ported Automations from Project Clockwerks, intergrated into Regen.
-Made Fyora's Fire Proof
So far it's more of fixes and removing redunant items. I expect this to grow very large... again. But right now I've been hit with alot of work, and Regen hasn't got much love lately.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2012, 04:35:40 pm »

gets down on one knee and proposes to Regen.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2012, 05:29:16 pm »

- I like how humans are forced to live above ground with the progessive cave sickness
 - I like how Dwarven Fighter upgrades require Booze to stay at their prime

Just two quick question about what exactly these two points mean, and how you achieved this.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2012, 06:14:31 pm »

gets down on one knee and proposes to Regen.
I have spoken with Regen and she says yes :P

- I like how humans are forced to live above ground with the progessive cave sickness
 - I like how Dwarven Fighter upgrades require Booze to stay at their prime

Just two quick question about what exactly these two points mean, and how you achieved this.

With science done by Indigo Phonix (that's a bad spelling of his name)
I used a counter system that adds negative effects the longer in caves/subterrian tiles. All humans were given [CAVE_ADAPT] and this interaction:
Spoiler: Creature level (click to show/hide)

And I haven't really fully tested dwarves yet, but this should work to have them very strong when drunk and go berserk if they don't drink anything for a year:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Appling the power up syndrome is as easy as altering the Humans "cave fear" Can Do Interaction.
If you wish to use these give IndigoP some credit for his SCIENCE, and if you rip these from me. At least credit for putting it together lol.

Since the cave weakness takes a month, it allows humans to still to mining missions or plunder the caverns. But lingering will be bad juju.

Kingsdragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2012, 11:05:47 pm »

I do like to see a fellow Spiderweb Software fan, but I believe out of respect for Jeff Vogel, you should credit him for use of his ideas in your OP. Not stirring shit, just saying if someone used your work, you would want that to be aknowledged.
'She absolutely detests purring maggots' ~ Adrist Duthrom, miner

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2012, 11:07:57 pm »

Ah sorry, good point. I've been so busy bouncing around I forget to update some things. Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I guess having "Intergrated Geneforge playstyle" is not much of a credit justice.

EDIT:
Updated, there is a reason why I have
"If Asked for permission to use something of yours and your not on here PM and let me know"
in the credits :P but I guess Jeff Vogel won't be visting this thread will he?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 11:13:19 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Kingsdragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2012, 11:13:25 pm »

No worries. I love those games, haha. Wouldn't mind trying a DF version. That would be very interesting! Never used
mods before though.

EDIT: No I don't suppose he will. Thanks mate.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 11:16:46 pm by Kingsdragon »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2012, 11:32:33 pm »

No worries. I love those games, haha. Wouldn't mind trying a DF version. That would be very interesting! Never used
mods before though.

EDIT: No I don't suppose he will. Thanks mate.

I have a GF TC that i under hatius until Toady allows more things to be modded (Since I can't go with immoblie essence pools that spawn essence..) have to wait until he fixes IMMOBILE breeding.

But in Regen I only have the most basic of Creations, and Fyoras... lol Are not immune to fire
Thahds and Clawbugs are... need more work, but they do their job :P and Serviles are done. Other then personality things

I plan on making almost all GF creations, plus Crystal Pylons, I have ornks done but not in A5, A6 will have tho.
Maybe you can offer ideas on how upgrading a normal human to shaper should be?

Kingsdragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2012, 12:08:22 am »

Ideas I can help with but if it's modding advice you'd be lost asking me.

Are there any variables that can be added to a mob that have levels? (1, 100)
Might be an idea....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15