Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think about the Mod Manager? (3 max)

I like the Slap Graphics and how I can pick out any pack that is supported
I like the Settings, change aspects of the mod at will
I like the Tileset Changer
Slap Graphics could use some more work
Not enough settings (if so, what?)
Tileset changer has some flaws (suggestions)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: [MAJOR]: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.5 out 14/08/13  (Read 71683 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> Alpha 6 make those war machines!
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2012, 11:41:02 pm »

Weaker to blunt it is, probally a simple 15% weakness. Since Maces and WHammers already pierce the heavens, Altho I don't know if that means someone can punch through it with their fists? Might have to play with numbers.

I might be able to churn out more progress 2morrow, but with the work I just did (who cuts, and wants hay raked in the dead of night? I could hardly see what I was raking.) I will probally be tied up with work.

So fun with War-Glass numbers will have to wait until after v1.0, I don't even know why I'm adding more crap :P too easily side-tracked I guess.

And now I try to sleep (doubt I will get any :-/) As I know I'll be shang hai'd off to work lol

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> Alpha 6 make those war machines!
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2012, 02:01:26 pm »

Almost 3rd page yikes!

Just added in Mages, and all thes stuff to make them. Now I got 3 more super buildings to work on.
I think V1.0 will lack any costs for using them, because it will be quite alot of new stuff I'm going to have to add.

Spells
More Books/Notes/Pages/Paper/etc..
New ink method Blood + Iron Salt
More uses for Blood and Ichor that merchants bring :-\
Costs for using Super Buildings
MOAR POTION MAKING!
MOAR INGREDIENTS!
more plants for alchemy/potion making
Blood Steel for dwarves (Blood + Bloodstones + Steal = heavier Dwarven Mithril?)
Bring Raw Mithril and teh extraction process back (hopefully this time disallowing it as a trade good)
Crates of Goods to order (Wood, Stone, Metal, etc)
A specialized building for burning crap (like old clothes, invader corpses/Unbuterable things)

This changelog is hitting what I want to call the max, When I have to scroll to see the next line in the update It's time to release a update.
I say I got about 4-5 lines left Before I let V1.0 out

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> A6 to v1 coming soon
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2012, 10:13:47 pm »

Phew been away from Regen for a few days, But I shall get back on v1.0 I will release it once I get upgrading to mages working. And the Hall of the Guardians working right too. Fighter's guild and other special dwarf buildings will have to wait for v1.1, Which will probally just be a quick-fix/Add-on because I will be planning on cutting down materials (since alot of votes say standardized materials) and the custom tileset+sprites (Tilesets first, that's right Plural. I'm going to make a big one 28x36 and then a smaller 18x18 one.)

Since Regen has removed quite a bit of "EXTRA" fauna that toady has gone through the trouble of making 3 varients of (Man,Giant,Normal) I will only have to deal with Normal. I will probally get around to adding GIANT versions back once I get the STANDARD MATERIALS working right (last time I tried this, I crashed to game D:)

Tis a bit late to work on Regen, but I should have time 2morrow. And with that time Release V1.0

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> A6 to v1 coming soon
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2012, 10:31:48 pm »

Regeneration: Forced Evolution Version 1.0
Released!
Get your's today (Updated DLs in OP)

Quite a few things are amiss atm, But I will be hopping around like aways
between projects. As Regen is not the only thing I work on, or the Wiki Rip.
I've also been messing around with map making+triggers for Armies of Exigo,
And even LAN that over Game Ranger with ToxicShadow.

But I also have the custom tileset to work on and then sprites, It has been
forever since I've done Pixel Art, and smaller releases of Regen will be getting
spit out 'cause I know I've left some things out.

Also the OP and Regen's Wiki needs work too, And with College creeping up
in a month, Regen may be on halt or really slow. But "The Master" has
said something about taking up the modding arms (learning to mod)
so he might be picking up the slack, and Sanure is still dealing with RL
Thingys. So Yeah I hope I can get all that needs to be done before
my time runs shorter then it is now.

Quote from: the Log
V1.0
-McUrist’s Mechanical Emporium added
-Hall of the Guardians added
-Circle of Mages added
-Geneforge added, furnace building. Requires magma.
-Fixed gather sticks reaction for adv. mode
-Giant Toads now have a lick attack
-Added Puresteel, 25% stronger then normal steel, but 25% heavier, also better then mithril.
-Sand got a reaction class, so it may now be used in custom reactions.
-Sand can be taken to an advanced furnace to be blown/molded into other glass tools.
-Sticks given mace skill, due to defaulting to MINING for melee combat.
-Humans have a clunky way of making steel now.
-Crates of Essence Pods can now be traded for from humans.
-Bone Horrors, now drop Gray Mold on death.
-Anvil Hammers now train Hammer skill if used in melee.
-Glass Blower's Pipe now trains Mace Skill if used in combat.
-Chisels now train DAGGER//knife skill if used in combat.
-Woodcutter's axes and Saws now train the AXE skill if used in combat.
-Beakers, Jars, Retorts, and Ink Wells are now made at Advanced Furnace
-Alchemy Labs no longer make Jars
-Office Desks no longer make Ink Wells
-Glass Furnace 2 (normal and magma versions) added for humans to make advanced glass items.
-Humans can make more things from glass then Dwarves
-Went through some reactions, and renamed the "reagent ids" so they better describe what it needs.
-Humans can make Beds, Quivers, Backpacks, Mechanisms, Chains, Splints, Crutches, Anvils, and Slabs from all 3 glass types.
-All new Glassmaking items require flux.
-Renamed "reaction_regen_mine_shop.txt" to "reaction_regen_tool_shop.txt"
-Glass Blower's Pipes can be made at the Tool Shop from metal.
-Geneforge can now be made at the tool maker's shop.
-Pure Steel can be made at the alchemy lab, 50% chance.
-All new Giant Creatures have now been removed through their own variance file.
-Glass bars (metal) can now be made by humans (Same as IRON but 50% lighter and slightly more valueable, 10% sharper)
-Sunstones, Moonstones, and Bloodstones are now very expensive
-Trogs should come with less dangerous mounts, if any at all. Also new armor options.
-Humans can now make Geneforges, Requires magma. Volcanos or digging deep for ye.
-Upgrading Humans to Shapers take place at the Geneforge
-Renamed some "item" only materials and tools.
-Ornk added as new creation to shape, All in one Milk, Wool/Yarn, and meat creature.
-Added more book materials (like shaping, and magic)
-New building "Reading Stand" added, for any reading jobs. As long as you have the magical book (Office Desks still allow doctors to read medical texts, Reading Stands are for more magic based tomes)
-Made it so any fuel type can be accepted by the Advanced Furnace
-Made up the process of making the Circle of Mages
-Blood Beasts now drop Focus Crystals on death, which are needed to make a Circle of Mages
-Mages added, So far just a place holder, but now the High Council can now be a mix of Shapers and Mages
-Transforming to Guardian/Shaper now gives a recup. boost.
-McUrist's Mechanical Emporium is now buildable.
-Only automations and turrets can self clean. The rest of PET clockworks cannot.
-Mages can be made at a circle of mages
-Crates of Essence can now be unpacked at the "Meditation Place"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Was looking for an excuse to post here

I think I found one

PTW

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Yay? :P Not sure how to respond to that lol

Ok I tried this afternoon to work on the tileset, got about 5-8 tiles done. Had to stop.
I might just have to give a shout out for graphics and a Tileset, a 18x18 sets (I'm sure both sprites and set need to be 18x18 else crash)
I will probally work on the 28x36 super big tileset for fun when the standard materials gets a bit tedious.

Also I'll be cutting down the tree types massively (Tree, Fur Tree(cold areas), Twisted Tree(desert), Cave Tree, Blood Thorn(keep that one), Bone Reacher)
Same with grasses there will probally be only 3-5 grass types. Also Evil grasses... Those twitchy stuff really messes up my eyes.

But Plants I will probally rework, Rope Reed will be cotton. Rat Weed, might be replaced with some other above ground plant.
Normal wheat will be added. With Bread (Normal grain bread, and cave grain bread) Plump Helmets will get split into Brown and White Mushrooms. That can be brewed into the same drink (Dwarven Wine) I guess first order of business is:

Cut down on all materials as possible.
Which will probally mean Regen might have to be considered a Total Conversion? I guess not since it still retains quite a bit of vanilla stuff.
But I think I will have to update the OP to strickly say "Regen alters ALL files" But while I'm doing this material cut down, I'll be working away at the forever promised Potion Making, and getting the other super buildings in. Then their Costs for using them.

EDIT:
I have asked Vherid if he can make a 16x16 Tileset for Regen.

Also delved into the making of Stardardized materials. I think I got Soap/Tallow and the placeholders made up. But I got a ton of templates to make/copy.
Since I'd assume "GIANT" creatures to have a thicker/tougher hide/bone then a normal animal. So I'll be making those variations.
I got the ANIMAL tissue templates done, but they lack materials to target atm. But animals should have broken bones heal normally now, without setting/splinting aka
the non-existant animal care. So wounded Pets should recover from injuries better now.

Oh and I will be adding in 2 part brains (Inner/Outter) so there is no insta headshot kills.
Well that's it for tonight.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 11:30:15 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

But animals should have broken bones heal normally now, without setting/splinting aka
the non-existant animal care. So wounded Pets should recover from injuries better now.

How ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

But animals should have broken bones heal normally now, without setting/splinting aka

How ?

My guess is hugo added higher healing rates to animals tissues, bones, nerves, etc. It could be something else, however, so I'd wait until hugo replies with the right answer.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Oh hey Sanure been awhile :P Ready to work on Regen again? Lol

Also reguarding the healing bones: New Tissue Template

Annnnd Mod Update:
1. Delayed due to a old friend flying back to ontario from alberta in which we did a 18hour marathon of Borderlands (Haw Yeah, altho I'm not sold on these B2 trailers)
2. Delayed again, Some medical apointments and AoX
3. Did my first test run for standard-ized materials, It's a success. (now to alter every creature to accept my new system)
4. Fixed the issue with Clawbugs not recovering from broken chitin (crippled) and all animals under the new system shall never be perma crippled from broken bones again.
5. Getting back to Regen again. Right after I fix up the Dwarf Super buildings and get the standard animal materials done, I'll let V1.1 out

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

Oh hey Sanure been awhile :P Ready to work on Regen again? Lol

Heh, I wish i could right now Hugo, but I'm not done with RL problems yet. Though, it does seem that life is going my way for a change ;D As soon as I can get the IRC to cooperate with me, I'll tell you all about it, okay?
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.0, It's slowly coming together
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2012, 07:55:35 pm »

Well that's good to hear man haha, I still got to wait for my lucky break in RL.

Ok small update I managed to get all COMMON_DOMESTIC pets to use generic materials Altho eggs seem too be the only thing dodging the bullet :-\

I have now made up a Update path, that I will *HOPE* to follow, it consists of 3 phases

PHASE 1
Finishing Super buildings and adding some cost to them
See how to make a trade only like item, without it looking *weird*

PHASE 2
Add more cave 3 critters, and give them a "generic" evil materials
Add special EBO (EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECTS) on some critters for "Alchemy/Potion Making"
Bring more creatures to the generic material side.

PHASE 3
Adventure Mode stuff
-Potion/Poision Making (since fort mode will take quite a bit of micro-management to use right)
-Baking/Cooking (Cooked food will increase Recup, so healing after getting wounded is faster) *not 100% sure on this one
-Some basic weapon forging, or kobold method of breaking gear into curde metal versions to make crude stuff.

Alter some materials like "Glass" so blunt damage is more acceptable (aka edged attacks bounce off, but mace/hammer goes through?)

As I've working through these PHASEs I will be releaseing v1.1, v1.2, etc..
With probally some other off topic updates to things. Like bugs I manage to find (Since nobody wants to post issues :-\)
Or some addition that a random fey mood possesses me to make
I expect to hit v2.0 the same time I finish getting all the standard materials done, and probally another race or 2 (good and evil) to add to the flavour of trading and defending.

Also Reply #100

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.0, New OP image
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2012, 01:23:21 am »

Humans can't make planks in the lumberyard it does not show up not sure if that intentional or a bug, easy fix though.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2012, 01:53:08 am »

Thank you, Fixed it :P
I've never noticed in my quick test forts. Since my tests are normally "Does this new thing work the way I want it too?"

But I hope to do a in-depth playthrough at some point, And hope to find no bugs (doubt it, probally find bugs and things that need balancing)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2012, 09:55:38 pm »

Glorious, with the use of Notepad++ I will be able to make the "standard-ized" materials much easier now, Alright did old and new birds. But before I get too deep into that, It's back to the super buildings.

Also what I am doing if it's not obvious from the poll

"Generic/Standard-ized materials"
"Custom Tileset + Graphics" (thanks to Vherid, when he finds time for the tileset hehe)
Leave the stone layers alone
Make the color brick making building.

I will probally come up with another poll sometime.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.0, New Poll
« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2012, 12:33:52 pm »

New Poll is up
It's about what I should do when I need to "work" on something else.

I'm done McUrists costs, you need to mint silver and gold coins to but kits from McUrist.
Some kits you buy in nice large bundles, Others are bought in singles.
And since using a kit is never 100% successful, you may be minting alot of coins and buying alot of kits.
A use for excess gold and silver.

But the "meditation place" will be renamed to "(action place)" because it's not really a building, it's more of a "Use item/ability here" kinda spot.

Also all dwarves get the fighter upgrade at a still/brewery and the reaction is called "Start a drinking contest"
when humans drink too much, we get alcohol poisoning,
when dwarves drink too much, they become savage animals

Humans still have to take an oath at the Hall of the Guardians

I got a few more things to clean up, then V1.1 will be out with probally 5% more FPS and a few more things to trade for like
Crates in the MISC section (where LYE and FUEL is located)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15