Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think about the Mod Manager? (3 max)

I like the Slap Graphics and how I can pick out any pack that is supported
I like the Settings, change aspects of the mod at will
I like the Tileset Changer
Slap Graphics could use some more work
Not enough settings (if so, what?)
Tileset changer has some flaws (suggestions)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: [MAJOR]: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.5 out 14/08/13  (Read 71617 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> Alpha 3 Humans are Shapers
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2012, 11:45:33 pm »

More to the change log as I go through my play fort

Quote from: new to log
-Fixed all of the Blood Beast attacks, as well as added some new flavour combat moves, like knee/elbow bashing (Thanks Putnam, I never thought to look at the vanilla bite attack  for proper format)
--New combat moves for civlized races
---back hand
---elbow bash
---knee bash
-Made Essence easier to kill
-Shapers have 3 combat spells, and slow can hit 3 targets, and befuddle can hit 5

I will also be planning ways to "train/learn" new spells, Ice so far is the standard as it's the safest. But the option to train and use fireball is a good one (fire immunity no) and other spells. Plus new creations. Also have to get Jake's guns in here too. Also big thanks to Putnam for showing me a neat trick with creature attacks

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 10:02:14 pm »

I have brought the poll from the old thread back, and here are some new changes

-Exiled Elves only come in SPRING and AUTUMN and should come around goblins or later.
-Changed the shrub tiles for small trees hopefully won't make the caves and surface look funny anymore

Plans for new spells are in the making. Also new things for humans to shape. But I will have to show dwarves some love soon.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 12:03:19 am »

Well the fortress I was playing died, but I have learned a great deal of what must be changed. So I will start on Modding dwarves, Gunpowder Weapons AHOY!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 12:34:23 am »

Working on Getting guns in, So far just playing around with ammo and the weapon making. Like shaping it will probally be a tech tree that needs work (Maybe tools like Shell loaders, and items like Barrels, Stocks, hammer (what hits the bullet I guess, not a gun expert) some mechnisms) But all guns will be iron-steel grade metals.

I will also be trying out making [ROTS] metal types for the bullets, to see if spent ammo stuck in the wierdest places with rot to nothing. So either pick up the bullet asap or don't worry about it and make more (I sugget no worry, as making more ammo is better since each box will have 50 rounds in it.)

So as for Jake's mod GPFA it has been horribly butchered. All I took was Rifles, and pistols (in which I added a short sword to) and both weapons use the say ammo (so you can have your rifleman squad captain use a pistol and short sword, as well as not get ammo confusion)

But I altered Gunpowder making (black powder) so you now make 10 portions instead of 3, and every 50 rounds of ammo takes 1 portion, and a copper or lead bar. But since I will be using a rotting metal (hope it works) I will probally make an alloy of copper and lead (since the only alloy so far that takes lead is Lay Pewter) For those that want gunslingers and sharpshooters (blowgun skill) copper and lead are your new fav metals.

So trade for those for mass ammo making, or get a mineshaft (if your're playing as dwarves) and a quarry (saltpeter and Brimstone for gunpowder)
I will go with the name "Leaded Copper" as found here: Leaded Copper and it's real name I guess is "Molybdochalkos" found here: Molybdochalko - which to me is gibberish, and having a big scary name makes you wonder "what am I shooting?" so "Leaded Copper Bullets" it is.

One of my biggest fears of this rotting metal is that it will rot in quivers, I hope that is not the case. I am doing tests right now on if Metal can rot, and if it does, can it rot in quivers

EDIT:
Ok looks like dropping ROTS on it doesn't make it rot, I even changed the template from METAL to SINEW (nothing uses SINEW for reactions) because I thought the IS_METAL was what might have been stopping it from rotting. Nope it is the item type. I make MEAT from it "leaded copper chop" and dumped it on the same spot with a single "leaded copper bullet" and waited. The chop "MEAT" is now "Rotten" and the bullet remains strong. The artifial leaded copper chop has now rotted to nothingness, I guess there is no way of making ammo that rots when not in use...

EDIT2:
I'm still using Leaded Copper for ammo if you're wondering
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 01:41:30 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2012, 03:16:06 am »

Hammers as a component of firearms are a bit later than the period I was aiming to simulate, though I have been looking into the possibility of percussion cap firearms for a future mod. Wikipedia's article on flintlocks should give you some idea. I definitely like the idea of making gun barrels, stocks etc as a separate process though, and might go down that route with BPFA once reactions that require fuel don't have to automatically use all of a bar of coal.

And if you're making ammunition rot so that your dwarves can't pick up an expended bullet and reuse it, I've honestly never seen a missed shot be recoverable the way crossbow bolts are, at least not in Arena Mode. I think it might actually be a function of the game engine, with the odds of spent ammunition being reusable depending on its velocity.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 01:52:29 pm »

I found that rotting ammo is impossible, so now I need to make a "rebox" ammo reaction. Which will be buggy as heck since it could just grab the same ammo, or a full box if it is near. And having spent ammo laying around just bothers me, I hate useless clutter. Ammo would be ok if I could grab it all and melt/destroy it. But sometimes ammo goes into a river, or large pond. And there is sits for all eternity :/

Also that article is very interesting, I was going for ammo that has the percussion cap in them. Like todays ammo, I think. Hammer strikes the bullet igniting the built in propellent and firing the slug. Guns in regen are sortof a mix of old Black Powder weapons and modern, since dwarves and the like have access to some modern day science stuff. --- Wheellock interested me as well

And I will have to do more testing with spent bullets. I hope your right Jake :P

But I still wish ammo could rot tho. Or at least make it rot over time. when not collected

shabang50

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 02:10:17 pm »

Just a quick bump;
A) This mod looks friggin awesome, loving the 'bolds challenge and
B) Where (or even IS) there a wiki for this series of mods? I read a vague allusion to a wiki earlier, but google failed me :P

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 02:22:22 pm »

Haha the wiki is still under construction but this has something that is *close* to what regen has for a guild http://regenfe.wikidot.com/features The wiki has alot of work to go yet, So far Captain Kobold has been nice enough to work on it. But with me working on Regen and helping the Kobold lovers by updating KC I have little time to add to the wiki.

also

I might be making dual weapons and the like as a player only make them by taking two of the weapons (Short sword + Short sword = Dual Short Swords) altho evil civs and unplayable ones will have natural access to them.

A while back I thought V1.0 was close, but I might have to make another alpha release instead.
But I should probally take some time to write up a better and up to date manual.

Also thanks ;)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 08:45:13 pm »

I have a few things to alter, and add. Then I'm getting Alpha 4 out, In which I will be using a slightly customised Alpha 4 for a succession/story fortress. And in the off times when I'm not playing my turns I will start on a manual so everyone knows how to use what. And since shaping for humans is complex enough as is I think it will probally take alot to flesh out.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2012, 09:11:41 pm »

I have released Alpha 4, Dwarves now use gunpowder rifles and pistols w/short swords (gunsmiths shop) so get your alchemy labs built and those quarrys digging saltpeter and brimstone and get making some fire arms.

Quote from: The Log
Alpha 4
-All organic tissues have a healing rate
-All organ tissues are now renamed to "soft tissue"
-Blood Beast attacks modifed a bit.
-Made the milita apointed by the exp. leader and mayor
-Human Excutioner no longer does law enforcement, just killin
-Elves (high) only come later in the game, due to mithril
-Fixed odd naming of essence pod, and allowed them to be stockpiled correctly
-Made Beetles no longer need grazing.
-Made some beetle nestbox drops more rare.
-Fixed all of the Blood Beast attacks, as well as added some new flavour combat moves, like knee/elbow bashing (Thanks Putnam, I never thought to look at the vanilla bite attack  for proper format)
--New combat moves for civlized races
---back hand
---elbow bash
---knee bash
-Made Essence easier to kill
-Shapers have 3 combat spells, and slow can hit 3 targets, and befuddle can hit 5
-Exiled Elves only come in SPRING and AUTUMN and should come around goblins or later.
-Changed the shrub tiles for small trees hopefully won't make the caves and surface look funny anymore
-Breastplates can now be made from Bone at the craftshop
-Dwarves can now make pistols and rifles
-Dwarves can now make leaded copper bullets and wood bullets for training

I need a break from modding for a bit :P also some game breaking issues should be fixed now, and high elves should come after you have a large and wealthy fortress. But outcast elves will probally still murder you with their insanely powerful mounts. ;)

Now in these alphas I would like anyone who plays it to try out the new features, like Human Shaping, Kobolds with Harder Bone making, and Dwarves with gunpowder weapons. Oh and Firearms use the blowgun skill and will be known as gun slingers and sharpshooters.

Oh and for the poll I will be asking a new question reguarding the highest voted liked topic. Just so I know what about the topic could be improved on
I will be holding this current poll until the 23rd.

Also in reguards to that change log I think I should have it so that small trees cannot be harvested but only seeds can be gained by processing a log of that tree.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 09:21:38 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> Alpha 4 Dwarves with guns
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2012, 11:57:27 pm »

Some news while I am at it. I am now working on "Buildings" in the regenfe.wiki So far Mason's Workshop is done, now I'm moving on to the Mineshaft.

So all in all, I might forget about the manual for now and just update the wiki. Formating will be pretty bland until CaptainKobold can make it all look pretty (he has more know how with wiki's then I)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2012, 11:43:21 am »

Updated the OP to have a link to the Wiki, I've done more work on the buildings section. So I'm jumping around the Wiki Updating what I can.

So far 5 buildings are done, which are the ones everyone will be mainly using. And now I'm working on Tools more importantly assemblies. Each Building has a reaction code for those that can dig through raws and see what reaction takes what. But the Tool sections I'm making will have a user friendly description on how they are made and what they are used for.

EDIT:
Also how is everyone liking the knockouts from skull damage? I'm thinking of making skulls a tougher bone. I know the game says "hard bone" but that is a lie, It's just as weak as vanilla bone. Might give it copper stats.

EDIT2:
Oops removed the "How to use the features" part from the Features Page on the wiki
Altho the more important ones that have complex stuff have links to their pages and they have explainations on how to use them.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 12:43:26 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2012, 09:22:52 pm »

Did some more Wiki Work http://regenfe.wikidot.com/features, Kobold buildings like the crutch training building needs to be added into that table.

As about 70% of those buildings need their pages made, If you need help on what a building does, or how to make it. Shout out here, or if you are feeling brave Regen V5.0 has a outdated feature list, that can be picked apart then pieced together to help solve some questions. But I am always happy to explain something.

Filling this Wiki is gonna be awhile yet, since there are alot of categories, that have alot of entities within them. And pretty much each one needs a page to describe it (Weapons and the like I can get away with a generic page for the types, Like Dual, Throwing, Guns. Because really those are the only weapons that have anything different from vanilla weapons.)

Also sometime 2morrow I will be making the new Poll so far the winners are:
Different Races and Playstyles: 4
The new Difficulty: 3
Special Upgrade-able Castes:2

since the rest atm are just "1" vote they may not be poll'd about.

Also there was a old succession game that hosted old Regen as it's Mod for several forts Flash Freeze was the last successful fortress before zombie invasion. It was run by "The Master" and I had fun joining in.

Now mentioning above fortress, another succession fort is in the planning. And it will take place before Project Flash Freeze, so another evil glacier with a slightly modified Alpha 4 (To allow Human shapers to co-exist with Dwarves.)

I feel I need a little break from modding, and acually playing my mod (again) since my last play was fairly short due to elven ambushes.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2012, 05:40:32 pm »

New poll is up, I'm changing one to be (other) so you can post here why you like so many new races to play as. Or you can post so a new race can be made playable.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2012, 12:37:23 pm »

While working on KC 2012 It seems Regen's kobolds where just altered Vanilla Bolds. Now they are Cute Bolds once again. And have a justice system now.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 02:03:28 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15