Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think about the Mod Manager? (3 max)

I like the Slap Graphics and how I can pick out any pack that is supported
I like the Settings, change aspects of the mod at will
I like the Tileset Changer
Slap Graphics could use some more work
Not enough settings (if so, what?)
Tileset changer has some flaws (suggestions)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: [MAJOR]: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.5 out 14/08/13  (Read 70733 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> Alpha 4 Dwarves with guns
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2012, 12:09:59 pm »

Odd I just a quick test run with the prepacked version, but I'm using toadies ASCII and my wood burner grabbed wood just fine. are you using barrows? or special take and gives?

I'm going to get the CLA and try with that. And see that sorcery is going on.

EDIT:
you can use "Save Target As..." by right clicking the two tilesets on the OP for just the tileset.
But i'm trying to DL the v09 as it probally has the creature graphics as well.

EDIT2:
did you get the stand alone or pre-installed?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 12:15:21 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2012, 02:09:53 pm »

I'm using the stand alone, but kinda weird.  I just restarted from a save before the fey mood popped up, built my furnaces and it's now working fine.  The only possible thing I can think of (i forced quit earlier so I'm not sure) was that one of my initial dwarves who was set as a woodburner/armormaker was the one with the fey mood and was being queued to burn the charcoal, which'd be weird since I had 3 other dwarves flagged for woodburning.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2012, 05:18:39 pm »

Just a random bug then I guess, That is good to hear. Because if it was a Regen bug I'd have to find it, and fix it. :P naturally

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2012, 01:40:54 am »

Update! well on my progress, not another alpha or V1.0 but something that might be interesting to know:

-Blast Furnace renamed to Advanced Furnace
-Fixed an oddity with bone horror combat.
-New English language for Humans, translation will repeat it'self but I could care less.
-Dwarves mature at age 6, but are not fully grown until age 12
-Some cave creatures can now ambush at will, and GCS had web shooting ability slowed down by 10x

the last one might be a fun one to play with. Also only some of the cave critters can do it at will, others need to be in water to activate.

I'm currently chugging through interactions (first time using COUNTER_TRIGGERs so I hope they work as planned) and arragning the castes in the creature files to how I want them (OCD)

As soon as I get these weakness, dependancy things working right. Then I can get onto buildings, reactions, upgrades. Once I have a good deal of Tech trees finally worked out then I can make V1.0

As much as I hoped not to do I might have to release a Alpha 5, since It might take me a good bit to invent all the buildings and stuff, then update the Wiki.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2012, 11:04:14 pm »

Ok looking at the Poll voters have asked for:

Human Mages (Wizards, I may play with this concept by using tennis reactions to say "train" magic skills. The more a wizard/mage fights the more he levels up to use stronger spells or be able to cast that spell faster/more often)

And steam punky dwarves (naturally) altho Full Metal Alchemst like dwarves are a close runner up. I will gear my modding towards clockwork steam machines. Only issue I forsee is some of these automations will desire to wear clothes. They will have no emotions so there is really no point, but due to the current DF they will put socks and coats on. Maybe the more humanoid Automations will be controllable (other then the clockwork spider, that is a machine that will be dedicated to labors.)

Oh boy this will be fun re doing the dwarves again :P to fit in their mechanical and controllable friends. I will make a few of them simply pets that can be trained for war so they can be stationed as guards.

I also upped the amount of essence beetles can make, But I will also have to make a "control" totem or tower or some magically and sciency creature thing that when near beetles makes them sterile for a time so you don't have essence-splosions. But since when a finished version of Regen is done, shapers/tinkers will be sort of a mid-end game thing unless you are very lucky or cheat to get everything you need.

I'm am nearing an Alpha completion #5 in which Humans and Dwarves will have the fighter castes, I put the kobold castes on hold for now because Kobolds got alot of love at the start of these alphas.

I am now going to do a test run to make sure that All the desired effects are working right. Wish me luck

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2012, 03:02:02 pm »

Did a quick human playthrough, no errors. Found that Cave_Adapts is added/removed through transforming into a creature/caste with it, just like FLIER. Altho ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT must count as a personality trait and thus SOUL so no amount of transforming can add/remove that.

I guess it evens out. I wanted Guardians (human fighter caste) to have the same booze dependancy as Dwarven Fighters do. But I guess having negative effects by being in caves is good enough. Altho if you transform a human that has a need for booze (yes non-ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT creatures can need booze, altho it is rare.)

Re-did some caste and nobles and entities and more reactions for more interacitons for more FUN!

Quote from: the Log
NEW
-Removed "make wooden wheel" from lumberyard, un-needed
-Removed above reaction from entites.
-Fixed spelling errors for assemblys should now be called assemblies
-Skulls are now as strong as copper, should help keep death by headshot a bit harder.
-Brewing better booze and drinking it has a noticable effect now.
-Kobolds are now KC's origional Cutebolds
-Kobolds now have law enforcement and executions
-Can now fill barrels with water at the Screw Pump Well, for drinking
-Shapers can only be on the High Council (9 shapers = 9 kings, beware those that get the council)
-Dwarves have the Tinker and Pure castes (Tinkers make machines, Pures are hardcore battle Dwarves)
-Humans have a Guardian Caste which functions like Pure Dwarves
-Humans have negative effects by being in caves
-Dwarven Pures need booze else they have very scary withdrawls
-Kobolds have Shaman and Shadow castes - On hold.
-New English language for Humans, translation will repeat it'self but I could care less.
-Some cave creatures can now ambush at will, and GCS had web shooting ability slowed down by 10x
-Removed some non-existing reactions from enties
-Allowed humans to acaully make the Lumberyard assemblies, instead of being taunted by the Lumberyard.
-Essence Beetles now produce 1-3 essence instead of just 1, allowing for easier shaper/tinker operations
-3 more ways to make gunpowder is in, use potash, pyrite, brimstone, saltpeter in 4 different combos to make GP
-Renamed some human nobles
-Added a breeding control caste to essence beetles
-Can now make more essence beetles from essence, but you still need Large Beetles to get the operation going.
-Can now shape Control Boxes from Essence (stops all beetles in sightrange from breeding, in case of essence overflow)

I have some more tests and things to add before I release Alpha 5. Also found out that Shapers are magically made to lead Human Civs which = awsome. So when I get the tech tree made up for shaping, players that don't want all the hassle of trying to make a geneforge can just wait for their... Shaper overlords to come, Altho 9 mandates at once seems like a horrible fate, but remember these are badass shapers, and suffer no ill effects of the geneforge.

I will be dropping demands and mandates down tho, I've never played long enough in any fortress to get a king, let alone the High Council.

Shamefully I'm working more on Humans atm, but they had more to test. Time for me to add more to dwarves and give Tinker's a test run.

Annnd checking the poll again, now FMA dwarves are winning... I will allow Tinkers to be able to resurrect "normal" dwarves as 1-2 things:
Animated Suit of Armor (Like Edward's younger brother)
Obsidian Golem (Like old Regen's Golem Caste)

I will maybe have both options, but they will be costly and a one timer if the second form dies, tough luck.
Animated Armor will probally have higher def stats, but heal slower from wounds
Golems being made from obsidian might be weaker in def, but can heal faster

But both will have a weakness to something. Golems will need booze to function at 100% have no emotion and imcapable of equiping things, but have great strength. Armor will probally lack eating, drinking, sleeping, etc. But will have emotions, but as a bonus you can layer more armor on it. Remember to keep this guy clothed.

I play on intergrating the side mod Project Clockwerks that I made for SlashH for the automations that dwarves can make. Which means I can get rid of the Essence Beetle Idea for dwarves, since I want that as a HUMAN only feature. Tinkers need to take say a cat or a dog and make some sortof cyborg/clockwerk machines that go around and "assemble" little automations that a tinker can upgrade for various tasks.

EDIT:
Genned a new test world and I found a Kobold Necromancer Tower :o Also it seems kobolds make towns too. So that maybe the case.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 03:26:33 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2012, 08:42:50 pm »

My Poll has been trolled :P 14 votes

8 for both dwarf options
5 for both human options

lol I think I'll leave the poll up for one more day, thus deciding the victor for the future of dwarf kind. And if they remain equal well... crap :P more work for me.
(Or add a bigger variety of options, Time for me to dig into my big fat list of "what to add to Regen" that 'The Master' cooked up. And poll those options)

I've taken a slight break from modding Regen so I can acually play it. And see how it is, Having fun so far got my first migrant wave. My head guy is my first shaper, and I made two guardians. With the arrival of these migrants I can now make those guardians full time soldiers so I have a decent defence against this giant wildlife :o

Oh forgot to mention all Dwarven fighters and Human guardians require no sleep and are sterile. But that is a price to pay for perfect *cough close enough cough* soldiers. First things first, I'm going to hoard all the essence I can cause I know with migrant waves I should be swimming in able hands to do work. Now since Humans cannot stand the caves for a duration of 1 month (as they start to get the effects of cave sickness) I will building my houses surface side, around the volcano. I just hope this time Elves don't have access to flying creatures, or I may be in trouble.

Also tempted to make my IRC public in the OP

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2012, 12:26:31 pm »

Locked the poll and 18 voted

9 for FMA dwarves
11 for Steampunk dwarves
8 for Wizards/Mages for Humans (to go along with the Shaper)
6 for Religeon stuff

So after this fort goes tits up (which might be soon, it appears I am a crappy player :P) I will be working on clockwork creations and methods of how to make them. Since FMA was voted for quite a bit, I will have to discuss how this will work out in the IRC. Since I want dwarves to be really magically crippled, what little magic they have is for bringing clockwork machines to life. I may just take the "resurrect" concept and use that, steampunk for dwarves is the way to go. Maybe dwarves can cook something up in the alchemy lab.

Also:
SO MANY FLYING CREATURES HERE! Makes it hard to hunt for meat for my guardians (they only eat meat)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2012, 10:09:20 pm »

I think my little human fortress is going well, My shaper owns a small overlook next to the volcano in the west. While the rest of the humans live in a rather large looking apartment complex, complete with a comunity dinning hall and medical rooms. Above is housing arrangements, I might have to add another level but I"m not concerned since I have dorms and personal rooms set up.

But defences are lacking :( I only have abot 6 soldiers, but I'm getting my shaper on that, by making some war beasts to fill the ranks. Once he finishes making more Essence Beetles, And since this fort is doing so well (in my eyes) I will be making a story fort. All the while I am finding things to fix, and planning out the next wave of updates.

Also be back with an edit once I find my notes on which questions to ask for the Poll next.

EDIT:
I unlocked the Poll and new questions are up, vote away I'd love your feedback.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 10:20:27 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> Alpha 5 cometh *in progress*
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2012, 12:35:35 am »

woot, first to vote XD

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2012, 12:12:36 pm »

Ok for some, reason unknown to me is. A kobold Ambush showed up, and all those tiny little guys have TOWER SHIELDS!! Da **** is this?

Kobolds should only have bucklers, and Blocking Bracers.
Cave invaders always use shields, so I guess invaders use the best avaliable shield item there is.
Which means kobolds probally have invaded and conquered some human towns and plundered Tower Shields.

which pisses me off, I want entities to use what I want them to use :P none of this "thought" that they are displaying. lol

Something I can't fix, Well looks like I have to see if my military is armed and trained enough to battle this new terror and live.

EDIT:
Clawbugs are scary, a trained for war clawbug stung a kobold in the head, breaking the neck, at the same time sending the kobold flying off the cliff.

But in other news, I'm still debating on what creature must be transformed into metal machines so that dwarves can make more metal constructs.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 12:18:24 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2012, 10:32:15 pm »

Slight update as I chug along through this play through

Quote from: the Log
NEW
-Removed "make wooden wheel" from lumberyard, un-needed
-Removed above reaction from entites.
-Fixed spelling errors for assemblys should now be called assemblies
-Skulls are now as strong as copper, should help keep death by headshot a bit harder.
-Brewing better booze and drinking it has a noticable effect now.
-Kobolds are now KC's origional Cutebolds
-Kobolds now have law enforcement and executions
-Can now fill barrels with water at the Screw Pump Well, for drinking
-Shapers can only be on the High Council (9 shapers = 9 kings, beware those that get the council)
-Dwarves have the Tinker and Pure castes (Tinkers make machines, Pures are hardcore battle Dwarves)
-Humans have a Guardian Caste which functions like Pure Dwarves
-Humans have negative effects by being in caves
-Dwarven Pures need booze else they have very scary withdrawls
-Kobolds have Shaman and Shadow castes - On hold.
-Removed some non-existing reactions from enties
-Allowed humans to acaully make the Lumberyard assemblies, instead of being taunted by the Lumberyard.
-Essence Beetles now produce 1-3 essence instead of just 1, allowing for easier shaper/tinker operations
-3 more ways to make gunpowder is in, use potash, pyrite, brimstone, saltpeter in 4 different combos to make GP
-Renamed some human nobles
-Added a breeding control caste to essence beetles
-Can now make more essence beetles from essence, but you still need Large Beetles to get the operation going.
-Can now shape Control Boxes from Essence (stops all beetles in sightrange from breeding, in case of essence overflow)
-Made High Council Members for humans (9 kings) allowed to do work, so they maybe be used for shaping.
-Had to fix essence again, to stop them from dying on creation.
-Upped the chance of seeds by 20% when processing trees.
-Humans can now make "large barrels"
-Essence Beetles no longer need to eat. (didn't I fix this already?)
-All creatures in layer 3 now have NOT_LIVING and OPPOSED_TO_LIFE to prevent bone horrors and blood beasts from killing everything down there, Also paves the road for the planned creatures.
-Essence Beetle Males are now a darker green. So you can tell which one is male and female.
-Battle creations should heal faster now.

Why do I always have massive change logs?

Question:
Anyone get the Human's 9 High Council Members?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:50:17 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Urist McAddict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2012, 08:55:22 am »

Maybe tweaking with sizes you can make them be unable to use bigger shields, dunno, i'm no modder =P
Also, is this mod ASCII intended or there will be a custom Graphics pack coming soon as a newbie pack?

This mod seems different enough, i'll wait it's 1.0 to try out =)
Keep up the good work!

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2012, 10:10:11 am »

Do you need any help with this mod. Id LOVE to help :)
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2012, 01:12:40 pm »

Maybe tweaking with sizes you can make them be unable to use bigger shields, dunno, i'm no modder =P
Also, is this mod ASCII intended or there will be a custom Graphics pack coming soon as a newbie pack?

This mod seems different enough, i'll wait it's 1.0 to try out =)
Keep up the good work!

My sprite skills are a bit rusty, But yes I hope to have a custom tileset and sprites for Regen.
After I get 1.0 out I should have only issues with bug fixing, as I will be putting new features on hold
Until I get some things made up, Like updating the Wiki. A custom tileset (since I think Sprites need to be the same size as the tileset else crash).
I doubt I will be able to make a new banner, but I am trying lol.
As for sprites I was thinking of a old game called "Exile" now the current sprites for that game are 28x36 but I should be able to mimic the style in a smaller size. But I want to try 28x36 sprites and see how hard it is to play DF :P (since I remember somewhere there was a 128x128 tileset  :o)

Do you need any help with this mod. Id LOVE to help :)
I could use some more help :P Sanure was working on Adv. Mode reactions so I have a partcial and slightly buggy system going for that, He I think I still working on it the IRC is somehow blocking him :/

But yeah PM and I will send you the IRC link, and we can farther discuse what you want to help with :P

Also
Thanks to the both of you for showing such interest :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:15:11 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15